HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+22
yardjunk
BigTimeScorer
lebron23
bonez07
DEFENSE
MoneyBall
SwagFORdays
ballking
Xavier Rimrocker
panathas
robo
sh0owtime
AllAroundPlayer
perfect10
Prodigy33333
Eagle1
hooper23
HH_60go
coachblue
Peel Fan
airCHINA
ballerdude23
26 posters

Top 5 In each division in PEEL 08-09

lebron23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2008-11-09

Top 5 In each division in PEEL 08-09 - Page 3 Empty Re: Top 5 In each division in PEEL 08-09

Post by lebron23 Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:24 pm

anddddd i dont know much about poccok! i liked their squad on the weekend! nd their big mans are probably on the football team! but their strength are their gaurds! their guards alone almost won the tournament on the weekend!
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Top 5 In each division in PEEL 08-09 - Page 3 Empty Re: Top 5 In each division in PEEL 08-09

Post by Peel Fan Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:32 pm

You're becoming less coherent as you become more argumentative. This isn't a contest. You posted some inaccurate information that a number of posters corrected and now you seem determined to prove something that isn't 100% clear.

It's the first tournament of the year; try not to read to much into it one way or the other. Wait until at least December and all the teams have full line-ups and a bunch of games under their belt before worrying about which teams look like they're going to make a run.

In the mean time try to accept that there is life outside of basketball. Last time I checked, we're talking about 16 and 17 year olds; why should they be limited to only one activity? Life is about discovering everything you have to offer, not just one thing.
    lebron23
    Freshman

Post by lebron23 Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:42 pm

peelfan buddy iv played basketball my entire life! nd now im a coach! i went to high school in us and after i played for a d3 college where i was the leading scorer! and now i coach three teams which are real good dawg! i would think if someone wants to be successful in basketball you gotta focus on it! if you dont care yea sure go play all the sports out there!
    i dont say that by maself, even MJ says that bro!
    nddddd this discussion board is mainly based on the top 5 teams before the season starts! not when its half way donnee WOWWW!! you obviously know whos goood at the end of the season
    yardjunk
    Freshman

Number of posts : 5

Post by yardjunk Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:58 pm

yoooo fam . i watched the tourneyyyy on the weeken!
    pocockk is nastyyyyyyyy!
    #21, #15, #23 all went offffffffffffffff
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Post by Peel Fan Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:02 pm

[quote="lebron23"]nddddd this discussion board is mainly based on the top 5 teams before the season starts! not when its half way donnee WOWWW!! you obviously know whos goood at the end of the season[/quote]

I didn't realize the beginning of December was the end of the season or even half-way. The regular season has barely begun by early December, if at all, and most teams have played no more than half their tournaments. However, that at least gives us enough time to see who is back; who has cleared transfer; and who is starting; etc.

Make all the predictions you want; that's your right as a poster on the forum. However, you seem exclusively intent (based on your posting history) on proving conclusively that Pocock is a top-4 team in Peel and I'm explaining that all the posts in the world aren't going to convince people one way or the other until a few more tournaments and exhibition games have been played. They were a top-6 team in Peel last year and should be strong again this season but dismissing other teams based on one weekend or on your idea of what a ball player should be is premature at this point.
    lebron23
    Freshman

Post by lebron23 Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:28 pm

yea man peelfan! your jokes arent funny dawg! i dont care when season EXACTLY starts or ENDS! its about discussing who we think is gonna be strong this year not WHO ACTUALLY IS IN DECEMBER OR MARCH! thats the whole point of the discussion board!
    jayjay4
    Freshman

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2008-10-01

Post by jayjay4 Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:16 pm

lebron yu dont know what your talking about..just shutup lol you think you know everything
    AllAroundPlayer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 26
    Registration date : 2008-09-30

Post by AllAroundPlayer Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:20 pm

Lebron23, Your talking about giving your opinions before the season starts, but at the same time your judging teams by the tournaments they had so far or exhibition games, don't you think you should wait until you see everyone play rather then assuming who's good or not.
    lebron23
    Freshman

Post by lebron23 Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:25 pm

we shall see guys!
    plus jayjay fagfag watch your mouth ni*a
    yardjunk
    Freshman

Post by yardjunk Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:23 pm

dyouville, loyola, campion, xavier, pocock it is!!!!
    League-pass
    Freshman

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2008-11-18

Post by League-pass Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:22 am

loyla is looking good this year in peel, it should be loyla and goetz, goetz has a good core, they have 2 5th year returning players from the stacked team from last year Joseph Tubbs and allan anderson. along with jahlane and ulyezes and cory collingwood
    toogreezy
    Freshman

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2008-11-14

Post by toogreezy Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:59 am

notre dame plays carmel today, lets see how this goes...
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:25 pm

Im going to make a bold statement Goetz dynasty is done!
    there 5 out of 6 were lead by the ruach family( isaac aswell) the tyndales and the muambas nobody on the goetz team this year are killers like those players.
    alan is good but he can be stop. in the past years the goetz squad had a leader who was arugably unstoppable. everybody on that goetz team this year can be contained.
    but thats how i see things and i would love for the goetz team to prove me wrong because it would juss make Peel even that more exciting
    yardjunk
    Freshman

Post by yardjunk Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:25 am

i agree with stevelogan92!!
    goetz will be alright this year ! not even close to last year! i think loyola, campion, xavier and pocock can all beat goetz this year! alot happened this past weekend!
    loyola faced pocock in an exhibition game! the game was really close, pocock had the lead after third and two rushing turnovers killed them!
    pocock won pocock tournament as well!
    loyola has a strong team this year! im putting. loyola, campion,dyouville and pocock in semis this year
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Post by Peel Fan Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:24 pm

I did junior yesterday. Today I'll post my senior predictions in each division:

___North___
    d'Youville
    Ascension
    Notre Dame
    Bramalea
    Leger
    Humberview
    Lincoln
    BCSS
    Aquinas
    Sandalwood

**D'Youville is the class of this division and will likely go 9-0
    **Ascension loses a ot of players from last year but they never rebuild; they only re-load
    **Humberview also suffered a lot of losses but they don't have a strong junor program to help them stay near the top this season
    **Leger is a year away from being a top contender in the north
    **Sandalwood is young and will have a very tough time

___Central___
    Xavier
    Campion
    Pocock
    Augustine
    Mississauga
    Fletcher's
    Turner
    Brathwaite
    Famille

**Don't let early season results fool you; Xavier is the real deal now that they have all their players back from football and they are playing a ton of games to get ready for the season
    **Campion will be neck-and-neck with Xavier; these two teams duked it out in junior two years ago though Campion has suffered losses since then while Xavier has gained some key new players
    **Pocock is dangerous, too. They have a lot of height and experience.
    **Why is Famille playing tier 1; have they added some new talent via transfer?

___South___
    Loyola
    Goetz
    Carmel
    Meadowvale
    Gonzaga
    Martin
    Joe's
    Erindale
    Joan of Arc
    Iona

**Loyola will be the class of Peel next season but they will at least win their division this year; the team is athletic and loves to run
    **Goetz is in rebuilding mode but in a division with only three contenders, they'll still be in the hunt
    **Carmel will be ok without Jordan but they will have to depend on a more balanced attack; playing a lot of pre-season and ex games.
    **Meadowvale returns a lot of players but they are still a step behind the big three

5 best teams regardless of division:
    1. d'Youville
    2. Loyola
    3. Xavier
    4. Campion
    5. Pocock

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:53 pm