HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

5 posters

Kevin pangos vs Naz Long

letsgetit
    Freshman

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2009-08-17

Kevin pangos vs Naz Long Empty Kevin pangos vs Naz Long

Post by letsgetit Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:01 pm

Both really talented point guards born in 93, how do u think these two fair againts eachother. I think Naz has more of that american style of play which is probably the reason he is leaving for prep school, I am not too sure what Kevin Pangos' high schools plans are.

Lets keep this appropriate which mean no hating,simply explain who and why he is better than the other
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Kevin pangos vs Naz Long Empty Re: Kevin pangos vs Naz Long

Post by Coach Clement Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:11 pm

Naz is very good but so are Nick Lewis and Julian Clarke. They all have a lot of potential. Better to compare these guys.

High school plans prove nothing.

I feel Kevin Pangos is in another category.
    baller777
    Freshman

Number of posts : 33
    Registration date : 2008-08-02

Post by baller777 Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:42 pm

naz is better because he can ajust to any style of play can shoot not as good as pangos but well enuf...also plays great defense witch pangos doesnt... and can attack the basket well kevin i feel would get lost if he attend a good AAU tourney....in canada he is one of the best if not the best players but beausei feel he wont ajust well in D1 basketball nas is the better player
    oldschooler
    Freshman

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2009-08-13

Post by oldschooler Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:19 pm

Kevin has a much higher basketball IQ meaning he should be able to adjust to any style of play. He is a pass first point guard, nothing flashy, just pure fundamentals. When you have fundamentals from a young age you know you are special. I'm not really sure if Kevin has a good athleticism though, that's where Naz might have an advantage in my opinion. Anyways if Kevin continues to grow he's definitely going to be on another level.
    loveball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 322
    Registration date : 2008-10-30

Post by loveball Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:35 am

[quote="Coach Clement"]Naz is very good but so are Nick Lewis and Julian Clarke. They all have a lot of potential. Better to compare these guys.

High school plans prove nothing.

I feel Kevin Pangos is in another category.[/quote]

Just from watching half of the Ontario/ P.E.I game two nites ago, I observed that Pangos and Anthony Bennett are in another category then anyone else on the court. Clarke, Best, Naz, Lewis all looked like solid all around basketball players, however I think fore mentioned two are hands down in another category.

Anthony - Size/build/frame , athleticism (Still very raw though)

Pangos - Incredible basketball I.Q , incredible court vision, amazing passer, amazing shot (even though I saw him take maybe 2-3 shots the whole half) they all went in, his mechanics looked decent on the replays, but most of all he never forced his shot, he understood his team was in control of the game, and he just let the game flow and come to him..and dropped some sweet dimes along the way. My only worry, like oldschooler mentioned is his athleticism. I think that could be the one thing to hold him back in the long run.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:31 pm