HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+24
Respect
blessed4life
Ballhard23
TAJ
ball10clutch
theunknown2009
DontSleepOnMe
Mu2
highschool scout
Coach Bob
coach taylor
Coach Clement
HooptownGTA
big shot
tart11
BoyballerSouth
veteran3
saints11
D1!
RealTalksz
Peel Fan
unknownballer
NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
Coach Melnik
28 posters

2009 adidas Early Bird Classic at Father Henry Carr C.S.

HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5447
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

2009 adidas Early Bird Classic at Father Henry Carr C.S. - Page 3 Empty Re: 2009 adidas Early Bird Classic at Father Henry Carr C.S.

Post by HooptownGTA Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:57 pm

Henry Carr 57 - Pickering 52 with 3 minutes
    HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

2009 adidas Early Bird Classic at Father Henry Carr C.S. - Page 3 Empty Re: 2009 adidas Early Bird Classic at Father Henry Carr C.S.

Post by HooptownGTA Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:00 pm

Henry Carr 61 - Pickering 52 with 2 minutes remaining
    HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Post by HooptownGTA Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:10 pm

Final: Henry Carr 67 (Raheem Isaac 18) - Pickering 56 (Mikyle McIntosh 26)

Last edited by HooptownGTA on Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TAJ
    Freshman

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2008-11-11

Post by TAJ Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:11 pm

Congrats to Henry Carr for winning the tourny. On behalf of George Harvey Hawks, I would like to thank Coach Melnik for a wonderful tournament.
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 338
    Registration date : 2009-10-31

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:18 pm

TAJ wrote:Congrats to Henry Carr for winning the tourny. On behalf of George Harvey Hawks, I would like to thank Coach Melnik for a wonderful tournament.

I concur Coach Melnik should be commended for the fine job that he did with this tournament,bringing out some of the finest schools in the GTA. Now all eyes will be on the Humber tournament next weekend.
    Ballhard23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 130
    Registration date : 2009-01-19

Post by Ballhard23 Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:51 pm

(Rashawn.S-27)
    (Dennis.M-15)
    Brookview
    blessed4life
    Freshman

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2008-12-15

Post by blessed4life Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 am

I too would like to congratulate Coach Melnik on the team's win and on a well-organized tournament. You have impressed me once again, and I hope that as you continue to have these types of tournaments showcase your talented players, a brighter and positive light will shine on the school including the students and staff. I felt proud and you too should feel proud of your players for the job well done this weekend, and also for the students you had volunteering their time. I am looking forward to more competitions this year as I am sure our teams will meet again. Please encourage your team to continue to strive for excellence as the sky is the limit. Blessings!!
    Coach Melnik
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 370

Post by Coach Melnik Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:41 am

Once again... you have touched my heart. I thank you for the kind comments. In my opinion, it was a weekend of tremendous basketball and comeraderie. There are so many special student-athletes, coaches, parents, fans, etc., at so many different schools. It is my pleasure to host each and everyone of you.

To a very special Pickering parent: you bring so much positive energy to your family and the Pickering team. Your son is a phenom. You should be very proud as well. With your support, guidance, leadership and spirituality, he will undoubtedly develop into a fantastic inter-collegiate player and a fine young man.

Warmest regards,

Coach Melnik
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Peel Fan Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:56 pm

highschool scout wrote:Martingrove was the most shocking lost of this tournament it was a good game i heard

It's only shocking if you haven't been playing attention to GTA basketball the past 2 or 3 years and were only focussed on the boosting on this forum. As much as Vaughan has accomplished the past few years, they are still one of the most underrated programs in the GTA. If they are AAA then they are one of the pre-season favourites to win OFSAA; if they are AAAA then they are a good bet to make at least the final 8.
    Respect
    Respect
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 562
    Registration date : 2009-01-07

Post by Respect Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:43 pm

Congrats to both FHC & Pickering (who really stepped up)!
    theunknown2009
    Freshman

Number of posts : 282
    Registration date : 2009-01-18

Post by theunknown2009 Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:09 pm

Pickering really played well in this tournament. Im really im pressed with them seeing how they started 3 ggrade 10's
    Analysist
    Freshman

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2009-11-07

Post by Analysist Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:14 am

Overall this tournament was a great one.

Suprises: Vaughn over Martingrove. Considering the hype that they've been getting a loss to Vaughn has really proven that Martingrove has been over estimated. And Vaughn should get a little more respect. MT's loss to Pickering is also a suprise. Their first meeting, Mother Teresa (full team) were blowing out pickering by as much as 24 in the 1st half. And allowed their bench to play out the second half won by around 13 points. But at the Earlybird Pickering flipped the script (still missing a few players) beating a Mother Teresa team who was down on players and with injuries still put up a good fight losing by 3. After a loss to pickering, Vaughn took a stand to make a name for themselves and went hard against a Mother Teresa team who they knew they could take advantage of considering their mental state after a loss to Pickering. Vaughn is NOT a better team than Mother Teresa, but are a very good team, and should be put in comparison with teams like Pope, Eastern and J.Clarke.
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 338
    Registration date : 2009-10-31

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:55 pm

hold on vaughn is not better then MT but they beat MT by 20 points?
    elite baller9
    Freshman

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by elite baller9 Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:40 pm

Analysist are you serious right now what you said about vaughan is pretty disrespectful in my eyes, until MT proves they are a better team ..which they have not you cannot say vaughan is not better after beating them by 20 points. Although everyone is entittled to their opinion i think you owe vaughan an apology because Vaughan has proven they are a better team at the moment i have not said forever i said at the moment
    gave
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 357
    Registration date : 2008-07-24

Post by gave Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:47 pm

Congrats to FHC Senior Boys and Coach Melnik ...

Here is a few clips from the championship game ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOXXFUDaUGE
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-07-18

Post by wcbasketball Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:48 am

It seems as though Vaughn still has not received the respect they deserve. Some people still have the wait and see approach with them but I certainly feel that they are one of the top 5 teams.
    I thought that it would take some time for Vaughn to gel but I guess they decided to gel a lot earlier. Big wins over Martingrove and MT certainly showed me they are ready to become a member of the fab five this season.
    Coach Melnik
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 370

Post by Coach Melnik Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:39 am

Thanks Coach Thompson! That is great camera work.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:02 am