HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+13
practiceplayer07
unknownballer
TAJ
coach taylor
panathas
wcbasketball
thaboytwothree
RealTalksz
nnba
Coach Wheeler
RealBall
Peel Fan
HooptownGTA
17 posters

Silverthorn/Nike Invitational

HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5447
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Silverthorn/Nike Invitational - Page 2 Empty Re: Silverthorn/Nike Invitational

Post by HooptownGTA Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:31 pm

Final: Brampton Centennial 51 - St. Francis Xavier 49
    TAJ
    Freshman

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2008-11-11

Post by TAJ Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:45 pm

Harvey won 3rd place gme against Jarvis. Jarvis led 1st half but Harvey again came out hard in the 2nd. Once they took the lead they never looked back.

Jarvis is good team. Once they get their centre they should be even better. From my prespective I feel they might make some noise during the season.

The tournament was good and it was great to see some good teams. BCSS, Xavier and Jarvis looked strong. I wont be surprise if any of these team come in the top 16 or honourable mention.

Congrats to BCSS for their win. My prediction was right ;0
    numbernine
    Freshman

Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2009-03-26

Post by numbernine Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:47 pm

Who were the all-stars/mvp's of the tournament?
    SCIstarballer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2008-11-14

Post by SCIstarballer Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:57 pm

the tournament MVP was Ashton Howell-Stephenson from Brampton Centenial
    panathas
    panathas
    Senior

Number of posts : 975
    Registration date : 2008-08-09

Post by panathas Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:24 pm

Alex Campbell was the tournament MVP. He hit 5 3's in the final including the game tying 3 with seconds to go.

Andrew Howell-Stephenson was a tournament all-star

Ashton Howell-Stephenson hit the game winning basket with 3 seconds to go.

Jamal Pryce was the Xavier tournament all star. He is a really good player. This game should of gone to overtime as Xavier was able to get an open lay-up, after a great executed play, but the ball rimmed out.

Thanks to Silverthorn for hosting us.
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-07-18

Post by wcbasketball Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:16 pm

Congrats to BCSS, the fact you won two close games speaks positives volumes on how your team handles tough situations. This will go a long way when the going get's tough in future games.
    "Panathas", well deserved. Silverthorn did a tremendous job running the tournament.
    HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Post by HooptownGTA Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:43 pm

7th & 8th place: Silverthorn 71 (Gary Dunlop & Denis Ankrah 16) - West Humber 65 (Darrell Anderson 12)

Consolation Final: St. Augustine (Brampton) 72 (Joel Davis 17) - Father Redmond 60 (Varko Protts 28)

Bronze: George Harvey 73 (Omar B. 15) - Javis 63

Championship Final: Brampton Centennial 51 (Alex Campbell 17) St. Francis Xavier 49 (Jamal Pryce 18)
    HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Post by HooptownGTA Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:19 am

Tournament MVP: Alex Campbell (Brampton Centennial)

Tournament All-Stars: Jamal Pryce (St. Francis Xavier), Andrew Howell-Stephenson (Brampton Centennial), Aaron Shadrach (Jarvis), Jermaine Elem (George Harvey)
    duece_treys
    Freshman

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2009-11-15

Post by duece_treys Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:38 am

Jarvis was lookin very good at this tourney,plus i heard there center wasnt there so they will be a team to lookout for,alot of teams will sleep on them the same way BCSS and George Harvey did,as it turned out,they were in for a surprised

u might call me crazy, but i say:

AAAA OFSA Champions: Jarvis Bulldogs
    South Region Champs: Jarvis Bulldogs
    Holiday Classic Champs: Jarvis Bulldogs
    George Brown Champs: Jarvis Bulldogs
    practiceplayer07
    Freshman

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2009-10-25

Post by practiceplayer07 Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:51 am

LOL youre crazy
    duece_treys
    Freshman

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2009-11-15

Post by duece_treys Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:04 am

i wouldnt say crazy, i would say highly optimistic and very impressed,

jarvis has a great bunch of guys and a great coachig staff

the rest of torono should watch out for them

they're dangerous!!
    TAJ
    Freshman

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2008-11-11

Post by TAJ Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:12 am

Duece-treys.. i agree with u. i wouldnt say that they will win ofsaa or south region, YET. but i was highly impressed the way they played in silv. tourny. I think they will be a force and will make noise.
    good luck.
    Coach Mo
    Freshman

Number of posts : 49
    Registration date : 2009-11-10

Post by Coach Mo Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:51 pm

Thanks a lot guys for giving us a shout out!! lol, hopefully we'll live up to the hype!!

Coach Mo
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Peel Fan Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:59 pm

duece_treys wrote:u might call me crazy, but i say:

AAAA OFSA Champions: Jarvis Bulldogs
    South Region Champs: Jarvis Bulldogs
    Holiday Classic Champs: Jarvis Bulldogs
    George Brown Champs: Jarvis Bulldogs

I will call you crazy if you truly believe this. They finished fourth at a mid-level early bird tournament. Sure they might have been missing starters but they weren't the only team.
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Post by wcbasketball Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:28 pm

I have read some of the Jarvis postings on here and I hope the coaching staff puts the quiet button on some of these. You take away a very strong performance with terrible posts like the series of champions prediction. I have also read where somebody mentions that if Jarvis had their center, BCSS wouldn't handle them. This is not necessarily true. BCSS has a great coach who obviously would run an different game plan if there was a center involved.
    I was impressed with a lot of what Jarvis showed but let's not get all out of whack based on a single fourth place showing at a tournament. The season is long.
    Coach Mo
    Freshman

Number of posts : 49
    Registration date : 2009-11-10

Post by Coach Mo Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:34 pm

Being the coach for Jarvis, i can tell you guys that we have a long way to go...

WCbaskeball, you are right, i think some of these posts are taking away from what we are trying to achieve and by no means, are we trying to come out cocky..

I can assure you it's no one from our team, however, it could be friends of my players.. we have a very humble approach this year.. and don't think for one second we are getting ahead of ourselves...

thanks for the compliments for those who meant it, and for the overhype, u are not doing us any favors..
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Post by wcbasketball Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:36 pm

Coach, you are doing a great job and I have commented on that on here recently. You did a great job on making switches on your rotation and defenses in the Silverthorn tournament. I think that Jarvis has a ton of potential but you have a tough region (South) to get through.
    I definitely do not want to take away from your team's potential and accomplishments but when boosters come on here and make crazy remarks, it doesn't help the program. It becomes that famous bulletin board material that coaches like me and I believe you, hate. My players have been firmly told to stay off the board if they are gonna make remarks where they make my team sound like the next coming of North Carolina. Unfortunately you have already had somebody start that on behalf for your school and it's not a good thing. It's very positive that you addressed it in a very straightforward and mature manner.
    I still believe that Jarvis will have a good season and I am impressed with a coach that is talented yet grounded. We all should believe that we can win every game but there is a way to do it. Keep doing what you are doing as you have put Jarvis back on the map.

Coach Bobb
    Churchill Basketball

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:25 am