HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+19
Coach Clement
Achiever
Shaqdaddy
stevelogan92
steve.nash1
CoachImgrund
drebball
KidTooNice
luv2ball
rerun
NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
bronbron23
Mu2
dunkthat1
futurebigtimecoach
nnba
TAJ
theunknown2009
Baller123
23 posters

Where Does J.Clarke Rank In Super 16 After Mt Tourny

Baller123
    Freshman

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2008-09-26

Where Does J.Clarke Rank In Super 16 After Mt Tourny Empty Where Does J.Clarke Rank In Super 16 After Mt Tourny

Post by Baller123 Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:30 pm

J.Clarke Beat # 1,3 and 7
    theunknown2009
    Freshman

Number of posts : 282
    Registration date : 2009-01-18

Where Does J.Clarke Rank In Super 16 After Mt Tourny Empty Re: Where Does J.Clarke Rank In Super 16 After Mt Tourny

Post by theunknown2009 Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:31 pm

They should move to Number One
    TAJ
    Freshman

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2008-11-11

Where Does J.Clarke Rank In Super 16 After Mt Tourny Empty Re: Where Does J.Clarke Rank In Super 16 After Mt Tourny

Post by TAJ Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:34 pm

I will put them at #4

Carr, Oakwood, Loyola, JClarke
    Baller123
    Freshman

Post by Baller123 Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:44 pm

they beat carr though..
    theunknown2009
    Freshman

Number of posts : 282
    Registration date : 2009-01-18

Post by theunknown2009 Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:47 pm

Based on how the Rankings go week by week i think itll End up

JClarke
    Pickering
    Henry Carr
    nnba
    Freshman

Number of posts : 141
    Registration date : 2009-09-30

Post by nnba Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:58 pm

doesnt matter they styll have a couple of losses
    but they did come to play i really think no team came close to beatin J.clarke
    Baller123
    Freshman

Post by Baller123 Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:59 pm

So have we come to the conclusion that jclarke is number 1 at this point in time
    TAJ
    Freshman

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2008-11-11

Post by TAJ Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:17 pm

I wouldn't move a team from 9 to 1 just from one weekends performance. Did they beat Loyola and Oakwood? They beat Henry Carr but that doesnt make them #1. Martingrove beat Carr but they didnt move to #1. Did they? Remember Carr came back and beat Martingrove by a fair margin.

IMO, I still feel Carr should be #1. They are playing non-stop every week (league and tournaments). They have a very good record.

1) Carr
    2) Oakwood
    3) Loyola
    4) J.Clarke

Most of the top 16 teams can beat each other. So, it is possible for J.Clarke to be at the #1 spot. But not this week.
    futurebigtimecoach
    Freshman

Number of posts : 101
    Registration date : 2009-11-03

Post by futurebigtimecoach Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:22 pm

1) oakwood
    2) carr
    3) loyola
    4) j clarke
    dunkthat1
    dunkthat1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2009-11-15

Post by dunkthat1 Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:51 pm

I personally think Carr doesn't deserve to stay higher than them being down by 25 at a point. I do agree however that Loyola and Oakwood should remain higher than them considering they have not loss to J.Clarke.

1) Oakwood
    2) Loyola
    3) J.Clarke

IMO
    dunkthat1
    dunkthat1
    Freshman

Post by dunkthat1 Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:53 pm

nnba wrote:doesnt matter they styll have a couple of losses
    but they did come to play i really think no team came close to beatin J.clarke

When was the last time they lost.....early pre-season?.....When Martingrove lost to J.Clarke early pre-season it didn't seem to matter so why should J.Clarke's early pre-season losses be a big deal they never lost again after that.
    Mu2
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by Mu2 Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:17 pm

J Clark has not lost since the Carr early bird.....I think they should get some recognition...possibly #1?--> they beat the number one team (they where up by 25 at one point, and if it wasn't for the grade tens Carr brought to the tournament they wouldn't have made it a close game)

loyola lost again this weekend--> other teams are catching up to them now

oakwood has only the one lost--> maybe they go #1

either way it should be JC or Oakwood
    bronbron23
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 378
    Registration date : 2008-08-18

Post by bronbron23 Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:36 am

[quote="dunkthat1"]I personally think Carr doesn't deserve to stay higher than them being down by 25 at a point. I do agree however that Loyola and Oakwood should remain higher than them considering they have not loss to J.Clarke.

1) Oakwood
    2) Loyola
    3) J.Clarke

IMO[/quote]

agreed thats how i see it too
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 338
    Registration date : 2009-10-31

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:52 am

bronbron23 wrote:
    dunkthat1 wrote:I personally think Carr doesn't deserve to stay higher than them being down by 25 at a point. I do agree however that Loyola and Oakwood should remain higher than them considering they have not loss to J.Clarke.

1) Oakwood
    2) Loyola
    3) J.Clarke

IMO

agreed thats how i see it too
    J Clarke hasnt lost to Oakwood or Loyola either so why shouldnt they be number 1?
    rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

Post by rerun Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:37 am

I mentioned this earlier on another thread. J Clarke has not lost a game since November. They lost to Mother Teresa by 9 points in the Henry Carr Early Bird Tournament and then they lost to Pine Ridge by 14 in an exhibition game in late November.
    dunkthat1
    dunkthat1
    Freshman

Post by dunkthat1 Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:25 pm

At the end of the day everyone is making a big deal about these rankings when they never remain consistent anyways so if J.Clarke is #1 for a couple weeks...more power to them
    luv2ball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 66
    Registration date : 2008-08-02

Post by luv2ball Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:37 pm

First of all, my props go to J. Clarke after some execellent results over the weekend !!!!

What I love about this year is the fact that if a team doesn't bring their "A" game, then they'll find themselves on the losing side.

In my humble opinion I believe the rankings are indicative of consistency.
    An arguement can be made that J. Clarke has been most the most consistent team since December.

But I would also think the ultimate goal would be to win a teams respective region and then go on and hopefully win OFSAA.

We can banter back and forth who is number #1.
    What really counts is winning your region and perhaps OFSAA !!!

So I am excited about the upcoming months !!!
    KidTooNice
    Freshman

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2009-11-09

Post by KidTooNice Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:24 pm

Jclarke Lost To Pine Ridge By 14 But Jarvis Beat Pine Ridge By 35!
    dunkthat1
    dunkthat1
    Freshman

Post by dunkthat1 Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:16 pm

KidTooNice wrote:Jclarke Lost To Pine Ridge By 14 But Jarvis Beat Pine Ridge By 35!

Then J.Clarke beat Pine Ridge in a second game.....if your trying to make a statement about comparing Jarvis and J.Clarke.....you should re-think that
    drebball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2010-01-17

Post by drebball Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:22 pm

#1 PERIOD! If any other team would have won the games (laid beatings) that they did on the weekend they would have went to the top. They've also won probably 5 tournies this year. This squad is the truth!
    CoachImgrund
    CoachImgrund
    Freshman

Number of posts : 265
    Registration date : 2008-08-04

Post by CoachImgrund Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:21 pm

I saw J. Clarke play at the Rimrocker and they were a treat to watch.

Definitely deserving of the number one ranking.
    steve.nash1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post by steve.nash1 Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:37 pm

The truth is this. YES J Clarke is a good team. But they played a tired, Cathedral, Carr, Vaughan, Pickering teams, who all battled it out the week before at the St. Mike's tourney. If Carr and Pickering were fresh they would both beat J Clarke by around 20. Carr made them look silly in the 3rd and 4th quarter of that game. Carr was playing with very tired legs.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:15 pm

[quote="steve.nash1"]The truth is this. YES J Clarke is a good team. But they played a tired, Cathedral, Carr, Vaughan, Pickering teams, who all battled it out the week before at the St. Mike's tourney. If Carr and Pickering were fresh they would both beat J Clarke by around 20. Carr made them look silly in the 3rd and 4th quarter of that game. Carr was playing with very tired legs.[/quote]

These are 16, 17, and 18 year old kids. Were not talking about an old time mens league here. A week is more than enough time to regenerate. If all those teams were tired it is because of the games they played that weekend. Not the weekend before. All teams came in fresh. If those others team were really tired from the previous week comeing into the tournament, I would suggest to them to up the conditioning aspect in practice.
    Shaqdaddy
    Freshman

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2010-01-15

Post by Shaqdaddy Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:56 pm

Ya, you cannot use the excuse of being tired to explain a loss. All teams are playing games and tournaments on a weekly basis
    dunkthat1
    dunkthat1
    Freshman

Post by dunkthat1 Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:22 pm

Yea that is quite a terrible excuse....if you can't recover in a week from a tournament your just not meant to be a top team. I do think Carr and Pickering are top teams but J.Clarke was better at the time

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:13 am