HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+2
NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
DrewEbanks
6 posters

CROWN VIDEO: J Clarke Richardson's super SF Leon Alexander

DrewEbanks
    Freshman

Number of posts : 281
    Registration date : 2011-01-03

CROWN VIDEO: J Clarke Richardson's super SF Leon Alexander Empty CROWN VIDEO: J Clarke Richardson's super SF Leon Alexander

Post by DrewEbanks Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:20 am

A quick look at Leon Alexander a 6'4" undecided small forward in the 2011 class.
    Alexander is a very good athlete, who is at his best when attacking the basket.
    He uses his strength and explosiveness to do damage in the paint! But he can also
    pull up for mid range jumpers and hit threes as well. He is a guy who does it all
    for one of the best teams in the province; J Clarke Richardson.

Check out some of Leon's highlight's at www.crownmagonline.com!

Drew Ebanks
    www.crownmagonline.com
    www.dunkuverymuch.blogspot.com

NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 338
    Registration date : 2009-10-31

CROWN VIDEO: J Clarke Richardson's super SF Leon Alexander Empty Re: CROWN VIDEO: J Clarke Richardson's super SF Leon Alexander

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:24 pm

I'm surprised that this video has so few dunks to tell the truth Shocked Leon usually has 3/4 dunks in a game when I see him play. Talented player, Toronto Star all-GTA team last year I believe. What looks is he getting from dow south?
    BT
    Freshman

Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2011-01-10

CROWN VIDEO: J Clarke Richardson's super SF Leon Alexander Empty Re: CROWN VIDEO: J Clarke Richardson's super SF Leon Alexander

Post by BT Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:37 am

LEON is amazing i seriously consider him the best player this year.
    DrewEbanks
    Freshman

Post by DrewEbanks Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:17 am

NEVAQUITNEVALOSE wrote:I'm surprised that this video has so few dunks to tell the truth Shocked Leon usually has 3/4 dunks in a game when I see him play. Talented player, Toronto Star all-GTA team last year I believe. What looks is he getting from dow south?

Hey Nevaquitnevalose...

I think we've seen Leon slam a lot in games...but this video is just a short taste of his all-round game. He hits pull-ups and scores on drives and is extremely versatile, which is what college/university coaches are looking for. They don't just want a dunker especially at his height of 6'3"-6'4". He's gotta be able to shoot because at the next level the physical superiority he has now in high school will lessen as he faces bigger, stronger and better players in college.
    He's currently getting looks from Rhode Island, North Dakota, Long Island, North Dakota State and Tennessee at Martin.
    He takes charges too!

Just my opinion...thanks for the feedback.
    Keep supporting Hooptown and CROWN!

Drew Ebanks
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Clement Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:15 pm

This young man is very very talented!

I hope he is not restricted if he plays in the U.S. at the next level due to his lack of height for the position he plays.

He is very strong physically however and that plus his talent more than compensates.
    DrewEbanks
    Freshman

Post by DrewEbanks Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:07 pm

Coach Clement wrote:This young man is very very talented!

I hope he is not restricted if he plays in the U.S. at the next level due to his lack of height for the position he plays.

He is very strong physically however and that plus his talent more than compensates.

Agreed wholeheartedly Coach Clement. Due to his lack of size...Leon may have a tougher time in the States. He's got a live body and never ending motor which will help him where ever he ends up! Hopefully he will get to contribute whether in Canada or in the U.S. because you know that he will put in a great effort on the hardwood!
    kobee24
    Freshman

Number of posts : 221
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post by kobee24 Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:57 pm

is he actually 6'4 because i know sooooo many people who boost their heights... on the flagrant foul website they listed tyler ennis at 6"2 185 pounds in the most recent article but that cannot be true same with nba players why do they always boost up their height an inch if not a couple.... and also check the canadian rankings on flagrant fould ive played most of those guys ad believe me they arent that tall.... do they boost up the heights for scouting purposes to catch the scouters eye a bit more with increased height?? thats the only conclusion ive come too
    bball272
    Freshman

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2009-01-13

Post by bball272 Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:03 pm

kobee24: If im not mistaken in the NBA they measure their height in shoes, maybe they do that on these websites as well?
    kobee24
    Freshman

Number of posts : 221
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post by kobee24 Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:43 pm

yeah i know - however im pretty sure people dont play ball in nike air maxes with custom insoles so no way should heights be being boosted of 2 plus inches you see what i mean?? anthony bennett is listed as 6"9 when he is 6'6
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 338
    Registration date : 2009-10-31

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:59 pm

DrewEbanks I apologize I thought the nature of the video was for highlights more so than a recruitment video. Yes I know Leon is becoming a lot more well rounded. I saw him play with yaaace in the states in a tournament once. He played well but I wasn't to enthusiastic about his willingness to take over.
    DrewEbanks
    Freshman

Post by DrewEbanks Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:40 pm

NEVAQUITNEVALOSE wrote:DrewEbanks I apologize I thought the nature of the video was for highlights more so than a recruitment video. Yes I know Leon is becoming a lot more well rounded. I saw him play with yaaace in the states in a tournament once. He played well but I wasn't to enthusiastic about his willingness to take over.

No need to apologize at all...Nevaquitnevalose. We're all just voicing our opinions...mine is not greater than yours! It's all for the love of ball.

The video does show "highlights" which include jumpers, layups and threes etc. Dunking is really only a small part of the game...it gets people out of their seats and gets on ESPN/TSN Sports Center etc. But if you can perfect the other "parts" of the game...especially mentally...that will take you further than just a guy who can only slam but can't shoot or think the game.
    I agree with you that Leon has become a more assertive player...probably because he's matured and become more confident. These videos serve dual purposes as they showcase good plays(highlights) and also can be used by recruiters to see how players play or what types of shots are in their repetoire.
    Mixtapes are a bit different as they are more about style than anything!

Drew

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:08 pm