HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

4 posters

Taylor Johnston to Binghamton (NCAA Division 1)

Conkkid
    Freshman

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2008-10-05

Taylor Johnston to Binghamton (NCAA Division 1) Empty Taylor Johnston to Binghamton (NCAA Division 1)

Post by Conkkid Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:58 pm

Taylor Johnston of West Hill committed to Binghamton University in upstate New York. He has good size at 6'7", but what is his game like? Is he a legit D1 talent?
    Conkkid
    Freshman

Taylor Johnston to Binghamton (NCAA Division 1) Empty Re: Taylor Johnston to Binghamton (NCAA Division 1)

Post by Conkkid Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:16 pm

Nothing?

I read he has a nice looking jumper. Anyone got a scouting report on him?
    GRASSROOTSS
    Freshman

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2008-08-14

Taylor Johnston to Binghamton (NCAA Division 1) Empty Re: Taylor Johnston to Binghamton (NCAA Division 1)

Post by GRASSROOTSS Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:43 am

Taylor is a legit D1 player. He has good size and plays hard and can really shoot the ball. He has very good work ethic and picked a very good option with Binghamton U.
    Conkkid
    Freshman

Post by Conkkid Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:39 am

Thanks, GRASSROOTSS.

Binghamton is becoming a haven for Canadian ballers. Chretien Lukusa, Jaan Montgomery, and Theo Davis are all on the Binghamton roster currently, and Ian Milne would be as well if it weren't for a string of concussions ending his promising collegiate career.

As an American, I like to see the worthy Canadian kids starting to get more and more D1 looks instead of the fringy DII American high schoolers who go D1 simply because the need to fill 330+ D1 rosters.

A sidenote, Lukusa is a great team player. He only averaged 4.3 points and 2 rebounds his freshmen year, but he is the teams best defender and moves great without the ball, whether its cutting to the hoop or finding the space for '3'.

Keep the kids coming Toronto!
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Clement Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:01 am

I would like to add that not only is Taylor a first-class talent but he is also a first-rate young man!

I had the honour of coaching him in an all-star game at the Rumble a couple of seasons back and he was a pleasure to have on the team.

No attitude whatsoever and totally unselfish - which is not always the case in such games Cool
    Conkkid
    Freshman

Post by Conkkid Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:47 pm

GRASSROOTSS, Coach Clement, or anyone for that matter, do you guys have any other information about Johnston's recruitment? Like other schools who were interested?
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Number of posts : 284
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Coach Philippe Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:33 pm

Taylor is definitely a great guy and a very talented player.
    I have the pleasure of being his Coach at West Hill and he is a credit to the
    program and to himself.

I see him having a lot of success at the next level because of his attitude and work ethic, but also a great stoke doesn't hurt...
    He is a long and athletic player at 6'6-6'7 with a very good Basketball IQ that can flat out play!

Binghamton has a strong group of Coaches led by Head Coach Kevin Broadus (2nd year) who was instrumental in the Georgetown University success of the past few years prior to joining the BU staff.

Taylor will have an opportunity to play a key part to their future success. But first, he will be a key to our team's success at West Hill this season. I expect he will have a fantastic year! Very Happy
    Conkkid
    Freshman

Post by Conkkid Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:19 pm

Thanks a lot Coach Philippe!

Taylor definitely sounds like a great get for the Binghamton program. Especially considering the drama, ridicule, and raised eyebrows the last recruiting class caused - even mentioned by Andy Katz on ESPN.com!

Thanks again, and good luck to your West Hill team who from what I've read is a top team in the Toronto area!
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Number of posts : 284
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Coach Philippe Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:58 am

Thanks Conkkid...
    Yeah we should definitely be competitive this season with a solid returning core and some exciting new players to add to the mix.

Taylor is going to have a great year and is looking really good, and also look out for Alex Arthur who is a strong and athletic wing player at 6'5-6'6 and Adrian Tomlinson who at PG is smart, athletic and tough!

There are some very tough teams this year, so we'll have our work cut out for us, but I'm confident we will be solid and competitive...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:04 pm