HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+20
ballhard41
millerlite
jt
I_call_it_like_I_see_it
postup
tart11
touchedouche
Peel Fan
Coach Mike
oldschooler
Coach Clement
rerun
WaterBadgers
RealTalksz
D1!
FloorGeneral
tb11
TorontoBasketball
SCIstarballer
Toronto Matrix
24 posters

CITY CHAMPIONSHIPS 4A AND 3A MATCHUPS

Coach Mike
    Freshman

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

CITY CHAMPIONSHIPS 4A AND 3A MATCHUPS - Page 3 Empty Re: CITY CHAMPIONSHIPS 4A AND 3A MATCHUPS

Post by Coach Mike Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:52 pm

Chaminade is a 4A school... the only 3A schools on the west side are Redmond and Bosco... and because O'Connor lasted longer in the play-offs than both of those teams... they will be the rep for the TDCAA at 3A... although i believe they will need to play a play-in game against the 3A rep for the CISSA... (last year Bosco played UCC in this game)
    tb11
    Freshman

Number of posts : 148
    Registration date : 2009-01-28

CITY CHAMPIONSHIPS 4A AND 3A MATCHUPS - Page 3 Empty Re: CITY CHAMPIONSHIPS 4A AND 3A MATCHUPS

Post by tb11 Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:45 am

[quote="I_call_it_like_I_see_it"]For the TDCAA's it's Carr @ MT and Pope @ Power ... the winners will automatically be the two TDCAA's representatives at OFSSA.

This all came about as a result of:

Carr's loss to Power in the regular season thus creating the cross-over nightmare for both teams ... with MT being 1st the East and Carr 2nd with the West their fate was sealed given the TDCAA's cross-over format for the semi-finals - lower seed in the West (Carr) plays the highest seed in the east (MT) @ MT. With both declaring 4A status, there's no second chance in the TDCAA's for either of these teams.

With Power being 1st in the West and with Pope beating O'Connor (who were 2nd in the East) this created the cross-over of the lower east seed in the east (Pope) playing the higher west seed (Power).

Note ...
    Although O'Connor lost to Pope they had declared 3A status and will play this week for the 3A representative of the TDCAA ... unsure (?Chaminade?) who they will play at O'Connor on Wednesday.[/quote]

Are you saying that there is no backdoor game like they do in the TDSB? If so then it would suck to see one of these two teams miss OFSAA yet again. When Carr lost to Power I knew they were going to have to play MT in the semi-finals rather than the finals but I always thought that there would be a back-door game...
    I_call_it_like_I_see_it
    Freshman

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2009-11-27

Post by I_call_it_like_I_see_it Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:57 am

There's no backdoor game to some degree ... for example, if you declare you're going to play up in a higher division (say as a 4A) then what your school actually is (say a 2A or 3A) then you take your chances in the regular play-offs ... in MT, Carr, Power and Carr's case they all declared themselves as a 4A school for OFSAA purposes back in December ... even though some of these are 2A and 3A schools ... unfortunately the TDCAA doesn't let you go back as the 2A or 3A representative if you've lost the regular TDCAA play-offs. This is the way the TDCAA's are currently governed / structured - rightly or wrongly.

In O'Connor's case ... they are and declared 3A status ... even though they lost to Pope (4A school) given how deep they went into the TDCAA playoffs then they still get to play-off to represent the TDCAA's as the 3A rep ... their 3A qualifier is this Wednesday @ Father Redmond @ 3:30pm ... the winner of that game must then play the CISAA champ ... the winner of that game will then advance to OFSAA as the CISAA/TDCAA 3A representative.
    I_call_it_like_I_see_it
    Freshman

Post by I_call_it_like_I_see_it Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:39 pm

tb11 wrote:
    I_call_it_like_I_see_it wrote:For the TDCAA's it's Carr @ MT and Pope @ Power ... the winners will automatically be the two TDCAA's representatives at OFSSA.

This all came about as a result of:

Carr's loss to Power in the regular season thus creating the cross-over nightmare for both teams ... with MT being 1st the East and Carr 2nd with the West their fate was sealed given the TDCAA's cross-over format for the semi-finals - lower seed in the West (Carr) plays the highest seed in the east (MT) @ MT. With both declaring 4A status, there's no second chance in the TDCAA's for either of these teams.

With Power being 1st in the West and with Pope beating O'Connor (who were 2nd in the East) this created the cross-over of the lower east seed in the east (Pope) playing the higher west seed (Power).

Note ...
    Although O'Connor lost to Pope they had declared 3A status and will play this week for the 3A representative of the TDCAA ... unsure (?Chaminade?) who they will play at O'Connor on Wednesday.

Are you saying that there is no backdoor game like they do in the TDSB? If so then it would suck to see one of these two teams miss OFSAA yet again. When Carr lost to Power I knew they were going to have to play MT in the semi-finals rather than the finals but I always thought that there would be a back-door game...

Yep ... O'Connor plays Redmond (3A qualifier) this Wednesday @ Father Redmond @ 3:30pm ... the winner of that game must then play the CISAA champ ... the winner of that game will then advance to OFSAA as the CISAA/TDCAA 3A representative.
    tb11
    Freshman

Post by tb11 Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:18 pm

Quad-A Semifinals
    Oakwood 66 (Julian Clarke, 26), Laurier 50 (Daniel Mullings, 20)
    Eastern Commerce 73 (Tyrone Chambers, 18), Emery 61 (Anthony Ottley, 31)

Triple-A Semifinals
    Martingrove 88 (Matthew Wright, 24), Thomson 45 (Jason Helwig, 15)
    Jarvis 66, Westview 62
    jt
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-01-09

Post by jt Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:40 pm

how many spots does TDSB get for AAAA ofsaa, are both oakwood and eastern automatically in the tourny?
    tb11
    Freshman

Post by tb11 Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:58 pm

TDSB gets 2 spots for Quad A. Eastern and Oakwood are not automatically in the tournament because the loser still has to play a backdoor game vs either Laurier or Emery.
    Toronto Matrix
    Freshman

Number of posts : 83
    Registration date : 2009-05-24

Post by Toronto Matrix Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:55 am

Any Predications on whos going to win

Eastern or Oakwood
    Jarvis or Martingrove
    I_call_it_like_I_see_it
    Freshman

Post by I_call_it_like_I_see_it Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:33 am

Toronto Matrix wrote:Any Predications on whos going to win

Eastern or Oakwood
    Jarvis or Martingrove

After Eastern recently beat Oakwood I think there will be some serious motivation for Oakwood to settle the score!
    Martingrove will handle Jarvis ... especially on their own floor.
    Toronto Matrix
    Freshman

Number of posts : 83
    Registration date : 2009-05-24

Post by Toronto Matrix Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:45 am

Who does Jarvis play the backdoor game against if they lose?
    TorontoBasketball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 158
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post by TorontoBasketball Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:37 pm

Thomson
    tb11
    Freshman

Post by tb11 Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:58 pm

Predictions...
    Oakwood defeats Eastern in a very tight game. Although Eastern won the Toronto south region, I believe that Oakwood will show up for revenge and win the city's championship. Backdoor game: Eastern will win their spot to OFSAA.

Martingrove over Jarvis by 5-10 points. Martingrove can put up numbers especially if you get them going early. Thomson does have a chance in the backdoor game if they play well. If they play the same as they did against Martingrove they will get a beating in the qualifying game.
    millerlite
    Freshman

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by millerlite Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:45 pm

oakwood-eastern will be close. eastern may come out with yet another win if oakwood doesnt come hard from the start...the coaching staff has more experience and they play more like a team throughout.

they lack a truly defensive scheme, emery (specifically ottley and obeng) penetrated pretty much at will. if they lose, that will be their downfall. they play fairly good help D but with players like Clarke and Bernard on oakwood and their abilities to hit the pullup, that could cause major problems for eastern
    ballhard41
    Freshman

Number of posts : 297
    Registration date : 2009-11-13

Post by ballhard41 Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:18 pm

wens th oakwood vs eastern game at and where is it at?
    nnba
    Freshman

Number of posts : 141
    Registration date : 2009-09-30

Post by nnba Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:09 pm

does anyone know if rogers is going to cover both the 3A and 4A championships
    tb11
    Freshman

Post by tb11 Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:40 am

[quote="ballhard41"]wens th oakwood vs eastern game at and where is it at?[/quote]

It's at 3:30 PM @ Ryerson University (Kerr Hall)
    TygaTy
    Freshman

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2010-02-24

Post by TygaTy Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:10 am

1A (A) Basketball City Championship Game
    Runnymede CI @ Sir Sandford Fleming Academy 11:00 AM

2A (AA) Basketball City Championship Game
    Central Commerce Collegiate @ George Harvey CI 12:30 PM

3A (AAA) Basketball City Championship Game
    Jarvis CI @ Martingrove CI 2:00 PM

4A (AAAA) Basketball City Championship Game
    Oakwood CI @ Eastern Commerce Collegiate Institute 3:30 PM

ALL GAMES ARE BEING PLAYED AT RYERSON UNIVERSITY (KERR HALL)

GOOD LUCK TO ALL TEAMS COMPETING!
    ballhard41
    Freshman

Number of posts : 297
    Registration date : 2009-11-13

Post by ballhard41 Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:51 pm

on sunday? or saturday?
    tb11
    Freshman

Post by tb11 Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:34 pm

Quad-A Final – Eastern Commerce 64 (Cameron Robertson, 16), Oakwood 61 (Julian Clarke, 16)

Triple-A Final -Martingrove 63 (Matthew Wright, 27), Jarvis 61 (Aaron Shadrach, 20)
    tb11
    Freshman

Post by tb11 Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:37 pm

Challenge match
    Quad-A
    Emery vs Oakwood

Triple-A
    Thomson vs Jarvis

*Both games played at Agincourt CI
    millerlite
    Freshman

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by millerlite Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:16 am

Congrats to Jarvis and Oakwood for earning their respective OFSAA berths. It's always hard to play after tough losses, but both teams stayed strong and pulled through against good competition to get to OFSAA

Jarvis is AAA and Oakwood is AAAA. Both will be representing the South Region of Toronto along with the probable #1 seed in AAAA, defending champ Eastern Commerce.
    coachc
    Freshman

Number of posts : 130
    Registration date : 2008-08-29

Post by coachc Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:22 am

Who won the Harvey/Central game?
    tb11
    Freshman

Post by tb11 Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:29 pm

[quote="coachc"]Who won the Harvey/Central game?[/quote]

Harvey won. They will be representing Toronto for the AA Championships
    tb11
    Freshman

Post by tb11 Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:54 pm

MT beat Pope today for the TDCAA championship

Mother Teresa 71 (Stevie Squires, 14), Pope John Paul II 55 (Hassan Abdullahi, 26)
    touchedouche
    Freshman

Number of posts : 42
    Registration date : 2009-12-15

Post by touchedouche Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:05 pm

looks like MT just overpowered PJP. Stevie is a great player, good for him for going to a school with a better basketball program.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:16 am