HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+16
BBaller
PeelIsReal
Agent of Chaos
Lets go
LincPride
SSSmooth
ballislife23
Hooptown_baller
baller-7
Baller#10
MEN LIE, WOMEN LIE
peel Basketball
zenozero
coachblue
airCHINA
pau gasol123
20 posters

TEIR 2 PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS/FIANLS PREDICTIONS

pau gasol123
    Freshman

Number of posts : 276
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

TEIR 2 PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS/FIANLS PREDICTIONS - Page 3 Empty Re: TEIR 2 PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS/FIANLS PREDICTIONS

Post by pau gasol123 Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:09 am

any predictions on the semi fianls match ups

hlss vs woodlands
    lincoln vs robert hall
    Baller#10
    Freshman

Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2010-01-09

TEIR 2 PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS/FIANLS PREDICTIONS - Page 3 Empty Re: TEIR 2 PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS/FIANLS PREDICTIONS

Post by Baller#10 Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:30 pm

i think robert hall and hlss will advance to the finals and robert hall will win
    pau gasol123
    Freshman

Post by pau gasol123 Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:11 pm

gudd luck to all in there semi final games
    PeelIsReal
    Freshman

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2010-02-24

Post by PeelIsReal Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:40 pm

Baller#10 wrote:i think robert hall and hlss will advance to the finals and robert hall will win

lol woodlands is most likely gonna beat hlss...they already played them in a tournament in the first quarter with their starters they embarrassed them and rested them for the duration...i mean the applewood game...well the score doesnt depict what really went on...it wasnt as close as the score shows...
    pau gasol123
    Freshman

Post by pau gasol123 Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:49 pm

lol how did they embarrse us we were only down by 6 or 8 points lol that dont mean nothing but we will see come tomorrow
    Baller#10
    Freshman

Post by Baller#10 Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:30 pm

okay.. i did not know that.. its what i thinks going to happen i could be wrong.. we will c what happens tomorrow..
    PeelIsReal
    Freshman

Post by PeelIsReal Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:34 pm

should be a good game....will be interesting to see how woodlands PG plays...applewood game he didnt even get to click...usually he's breaking ankles and droppin some points but he made couple of mistakes vs applewood and was not as involved as he should have be. look out for woodlands big man #3 i think it is? he's a beast...averaging double double's this whole season i heard.
    airCHINA
    Freshman

Number of posts : 117
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by airCHINA Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:00 pm

from what i heard, woodlands point guard got shutdown by their defense

but its probably going to hlss vs. rhall

with rhall taking it
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Number of posts : 1043
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by coachblue Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:07 pm

as someone with a front row seat at the applewood-woodlands game, woodlands certainly dominated the first 3 quarters of the game stretching out to a 15 pt lead...but the end was certainly as close as the score indicates...we had the ball with 18 secs left with a chance to win or tie (we were going for the 3 for the win) but did not get a shot off...it was our intention to take #1 out of the game at the expense of letting others score...#3 hurt us but for the most part our strategy worked--#1 did not get involved with our mix of junk and zone and man defenses, nobody else but #3 was a factor...we did not convert enough of the layup opportunities we had and missed some free throws...having played both teams, i feel heart lake's experience will prevail...where we did not have the depth to apply the type of pressure i usually like to employ, heart lake will certainly have the depth and length to apply more pressure on woodlands...though i think woodlands will play well, i think it will be a heart lake-robert hall final...
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Post by coachblue Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:13 pm

i wish all four teams good luck.
    PeelIsReal
    Freshman

Post by PeelIsReal Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:28 pm

i mean i was at the game too. #3 misssed a lot of crucial free throws that would have put the game to sleep...in fact 4 i think. and he had a chance to dunk it off a breakaway but chose to try and kill time. as well as their sg got T'd up when they had possession which gave applewood 2 free throws and the inbound but once again woodlands defence came up big. the game should have ended with an 8-10 pt advantage woodlands. i mean #1 didnt have a good game and #3 didnt have an impressive 2nd half which means woodlands could have done wayyy better
    pau gasol123
    Freshman

Post by pau gasol123 Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:01 am

coach blue ur a very intellegent person i say this because u study teams very well. applewood is a gudd team i though they were goin to beat woodlands to tell you the truth but i guess all didnt work the way it should of which was meant to be a huge upset but besides that woodlands and applewood both gudd teams, good coaches and both have a team full of individuals that work hard. all the games today will be great expecially the lincoln vs hall game as well as the hlss vs woodlands game. coach blue you should come out and watch the heartlake game. best of luck to the 4 teams today this is what basketball is about hard work
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Post by coachblue Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:19 am

good point peelisreal>>>woodlands did miss a lot of free throws and had quite a few lane violations...obviously i disagree with the comment that the game "should have" ended with a 8-10 pt advantage...it did not...that is like me saying if i did not suspend three of my rotation players including a starter the game should have been a blowout in our favour. i am not sure why you credit woodlands with playing great defense (i personally think we missed a lot of easy looks that we usually make) but #1 just had a bad game--we did a lot of things to take #1 out of his comfort zone, so i do not believe it was simply him having a bad game...i could probably say the same for our number 3 who in the last couple of games scored 27, 45, 26...we lost our point guard/captain/best shooter for the last possession so i think in peelisreal's words we could have done wayyy better. at the end of the day, woodlands won by 2 in a well-played game. i wish everyone good luck today.
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Post by coachblue Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:20 am

can't come today...i have club team practice...

obviously i will be at the final b/c i am the convenor...

pau gasol: you should know that since i gave you the trophy last year st stephen lewis.
    pau gasol123
    Freshman

Post by pau gasol123 Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:10 pm

yes coach blue thats correct and by the wayy u hade a gudd team this year keep up the coaching
    Baller#10
    Freshman

Post by Baller#10 Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:02 pm

lincoln beat hall
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Post by coachblue Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:13 pm

whoa!
    Baller#10
    Freshman

Post by Baller#10 Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:38 pm

lincoln played very well.. who won between hlss and woodlands?
    BBaller
    Freshman

Number of posts : 55
    Registration date : 2008-12-16

Post by BBaller Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:58 pm

Heartlake won by 1
    it came down to the wire
    heartlake won on an inbound play
    Defensive
    Freshman

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2010-01-14

Post by Defensive Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:06 pm

good luck lincoln
    jt
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 333

Post by jt Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:27 pm

Is the final next monday same day as tier 1 also at sheridan?
    Baller#10
    Freshman

Post by Baller#10 Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:28 pm

no, tier 1 finals are on monday at sheridan and the tier 2 finals are on wednesday at sheridan
    pau gasol123
    Freshman

Post by pau gasol123 Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:32 pm

heartlake won by 2 actually. woodlands is only a gudd team when there pg is on the floor as well as one of there big men. hlss battled it out the whol game an came to a game winning play off an imbound with 3.7 seconds left. great action frum the 7 players that played for hlss they kept there confidence and said we will not lose. lincoln is a great team i knew that hlss would match-up to them in the fianls because lincoln is a team where when they play ball they r hard to stop.gudd job to hall in there season u guys r a gudd team. i look forawrd to next wednesday against our new rivals lincoln.
    BBaller
    Freshman

Number of posts : 55
    Registration date : 2008-12-16

Post by BBaller Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:48 pm

what number are you pau gasol??
    pau gasol123
    Freshman

Post by pau gasol123 Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:48 pm

ROBERT HALL WHAT HAPPEND I THOUGH I WAS GUNNA SEE YALL IN FIANLS LOL

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:35 am