HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+8
RealTalksz
steve.nash1
WaterBadgers
avenger05
foreveryoung
i love ball
rerun
chosen1
12 posters

AAA OFSAA Rankings

chosen1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

AAA OFSAA Rankings Empty AAA OFSAA Rankings

Post by chosen1 Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:13 pm

The AAA ofsaa rankings are out
    http://www.ofsaa.on.ca/boysaaabasketball/index.cfm?DSP=Chapter&ID=4411
    rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

AAA OFSAA Rankings Empty Re: AAA OFSAA Rankings

Post by rerun Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:42 pm

Congratulations to Anderson!!!!! I'm surprised they got the nod over Martingrove, but, they are a team that is definitely on the rise. A number two seed is quite an improvement over last year.
    i love ball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2010-03-01

Post by i love ball Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:10 pm

any predictions? i really think Denison can upset some teams in the playoffs, they may not be as athletic, but they are a great shooting team and if they are hot watch out......

good luck to all teams, should be a competitive tournament
    foreveryoung
    Freshman

Number of posts : 57
    Registration date : 2009-12-03

Post by foreveryoung Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:48 pm

loyola martingrove final
    jarvis over anderson bronze
    i love ball
    Freshman

Post by i love ball Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:45 pm

i think im goin with loyola in this tourny as well.....they have a lot of ball experience and IQ which is crucial in a short competitive tournament like OFSAA

really a fan of mike l'africian, i like his game just wish he'd grow a couple inches for his sake
    avenger05
    Freshman

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2010-03-05

Post by avenger05 Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:18 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Denison put on the glass slipper in this one
    WaterBadgers
    Freshman

Number of posts : 41
    Registration date : 2010-02-15

Post by WaterBadgers Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:07 pm

martingrove will end denisons season without a doubt.
    steve.nash1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post by steve.nash1 Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:59 pm

If Martingrove plays that crappy zone D they have been playing for (it seems like ever) then Denison will beat them. They can shoot the ball.
    RealTalksz
    Freshman

Number of posts : 102
    Registration date : 2009-09-17

Post by RealTalksz Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:21 pm

Martingrove is going to win this guarnteed.. Its there 3rd year in a row making it this far and am pretty sure aren't looking to be dissapointed once again... With no Vaughn, Emery, and Laurier Martingrove will eat the competition as they have so much more experience then all the other teams including Loyola Oakville ...
    rerun
    Senior

Post by rerun Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:24 am

[quote="RealTalksz"]Martingrove is going to win this guarnteed.. Its there 3rd year in a row making it this far and am pretty sure aren't looking to be dissapointed once again... With no Vaughn, Emery, and Laurier Martingrove will eat the competition as they have so much more experience then all the other teams including Loyola Oakville

Martingrove is going to win guaranteed....Martingrove will eat the competetion! That's a bold statement. If they are a lock to win...why are they even playing the tournament? Just give them the trophy! If they are so good explain to me why they aren't even the number one seed? How come Anderson got the number two ranking over Martingrove considering that the Bears have much more experience. I know for certain why they aren't the number one team......LOYOLA beat them head to head in the finals of the Mark Walton Invitational. They lost by 13.....Loyola 63-Martingrove 50. I like your intensity....you're a big time Martingrove supporter....however you are out of your mind if you think that teams like Jarvis and Oakville Loyola can't provide Martingrove competition at this year 3A OFSAA tourney.
    southballer_15
    Freshman

Number of posts : 120
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by southballer_15 Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:35 am

in my opinion i think martingrove is a bit overatted , sure they have a few big wins but there too inconsistent they have lost to Vaughan twice, jclarke,champion,laurier,henry carr,pickering,Beal o ya and I forgot loyola proving they can lose at any time. RealTalksz dont come crying on this board and making excuses when martingrove loses at ofsaa
    i love ball
    Freshman

Post by i love ball Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:59 pm

its all about wright, any1 that has seen him play several games knows that he can get frustrated and have off nights where he seems to not care, if he really wants it and plays great for 3 days i agree they are a very strong force, i just think loyola has proven to be more consistent and am stickin with them
    RealTalksz
    Freshman

Post by RealTalksz Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:35 pm

Rerun who won the Tournament? ... yeah please shutup now I called that they would guarntee win this and they did.. So I really want to see what you have to say to this..
    RealTalksz
    Freshman

Post by RealTalksz Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:47 pm

Oh and BTW.. Rerun and Southball_15 .. your so called #1 seed Loyola Oakville took 2 games into Overtime .. while Martingrove had taken everygame except that final pretty easily .. and now YOU clowns dont come crying on this board because Martingrove who at the beginning of this season was projected to be a top 3 team won 3A OFSAA
    steve.nash1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post by steve.nash1 Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:35 pm

RealTalksz, or should I say Realclownz....Martingrove had all the hype surrounding them in the pre-season,(with you being the biggest booster) then they realized they were terrible, declared AAA, and won......It's like kissing your sister.
    BTW Loyola Oakville isn't that good anyway.
    postup
    Freshman

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2010-02-19

Post by postup Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:04 pm

congrats to martingrove, but i dont understand the hate towards loyola? the finals clearly showed loyola and martingrove were the two best teams. as for " loyola oakville isnt that good anyway" ... well you are clrealy not very smart..
    acie earl 55
    acie earl 55
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 312
    Registration date : 2008-07-13

Post by acie earl 55 Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:12 pm

I wouldn't say it's like kissing a sister. More like kissing the prettiest girl's least attractive best friend in hopes that next time you'll up your game.
    rerun
    Senior

Post by rerun Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:29 am

Real Talkz,

I really like your intensity....its kind of charming in a weird way. However, all of sudden you are revising history. At the beginning of the year, all the talk was about Martingrove being the best team in Toronto, Ontario or the best team in the country. That's what was being thrown about at the beginning of the season. Then, they lost at the Henry Carr tourney to Vaughn and J Clarke...lost to teams like Campion, Laurier, beat Carr lost and lost to Henry Carr and lost to a few others. They won the OFSAA 3A title...not 4A it's not the same thing. At the beginning of the year they were suppose to be the best team hands down...now you changed it up and are saying they were a Projected top 3 team...so which one is it?

So, they deserve full marks for pulling out a tough win against Oakville Loyola. I was really surprised that they were ranked third behind Anderson....(Ask the committee on that one)...I thought they would make the semi-finals and win a medal..however...I expected Oakville Loyola to win. LOyola lost...Martingrove won! However...Martingrove did not eat the competition like you said they would.....they won on a tap in basketball in the dying seconds....I believe that clearly indicates that it was a very close, competitive game. That's where we disagree....don't get it twisted. Well that and Matthew Wright being the best player in the province of Ontario.
    coachc
    Freshman

Number of posts : 130
    Registration date : 2008-08-29

Post by coachc Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:54 am

[quote="RealTalksz"]Rerun who won the Tournament? ... [b]yeah please shutup now [/b]I called that they would guarntee win this and they did.. So [b]I really want to see what you have to say [/b]to this..[/quote]

I am confused....did you want them to shut up or are you interested in what they have to say???

Anyway, full credit goes to Martingrove as they beat a solid team in Loyola and they beat Jarvis again. I don't think it is fair to slap them for going AAA rather than AAAA. Every team at triple made the same choice and just because they won AAA does not mean that they would have got slapped at AAAA. Lastly, I saw three of Martingrove's games and while Mathew Wright is a great player people rarely mention Justin Bukateka (sp??) who in many ways was their best player all tournament.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:10 pm