HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+7
youngmoney_ballin3
battleground
Public Enemy #1
whatupdawg
stevelogan92
BEL#11
Coach Clement
11 posters

HooptownGTA Junior Coaches Super Sixteen March 22(Details)

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

HooptownGTA Junior Coaches Super Sixteen March 22(Details) Empty HooptownGTA Junior Coaches Super Sixteen March 22(Details)

Post by Coach Clement Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:18 pm

1.Vaughan Secondary
    2.Pickering
    3.Father Henry Carr B
    4.Downsview
    5.Ste Marguerite d’Youville
    6.West Hill
    7.Father Henry Carr A
    8.Jean Vanier
    9.Fletcher’s Meadow
    10.Eastern Commerce
    11.Oakwood
    12.Thistletown
    13.St. Michael’s College
    14.Martingrove
    15.Mother Teresa
    16.Sandalwood

Honourable Mention:
    Richview (21)
    St. Joseph’s (15)
    Gonzaga (13)
    Fr. Goetz (13)
    Ascension (12)
    Pope John Paul II (12)

On the Radar
    Edmund Campion (8.)
    Holy Trinity – (5)
    Crawford – (4)
    Burl. Notre Dame (2)

I'm hoping the details will be posted on the main site. Seven coaches sent me their picks.

If so Rick please post a link.

Last edited by Coach Clement on Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:36 am; edited 3 times in total
    BEL#11
    Freshman

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

HooptownGTA Junior Coaches Super Sixteen March 22(Details) Empty Re: HooptownGTA Junior Coaches Super Sixteen March 22(Details)

Post by BEL#11 Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:59 pm

I think Bethune would be at least some credit, going 24-3 this season.
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

HooptownGTA Junior Coaches Super Sixteen March 22(Details) Empty Re: HooptownGTA Junior Coaches Super Sixteen March 22(Details)

Post by Coach Clement Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:16 pm

They seemed to be flying under everybody's radar.

I understand they beat some good teams but they were not talked about too much. I know they had some talent and definitely some good coaching. 24-3 is an awesome record no one can dispute that!

They were probably one of the top teams in TDSB East regardless of the fact they were in Tier 2.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:02 pm

8 Peel teams overall
    whatupdawg
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 425
    Registration date : 2009-01-12

Post by whatupdawg Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:53 pm

niiiccce stevey....ow mane n d topz 10z???bow wow wow....bramton boostaz atz itz agenz...bow wow wow!!
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:48 am

[quote="whatupdawg"]niiiccce stevey....ow mane n d topz 10z???bow wow wow....bramton boostaz atz itz agenz...bow wow wow!![/quote]

"Nice Stevey, How many are in the top 10? Bow Wow Wow. Brampton Boosters at it again. Bow Wow Wow."

1. Im not a Brampton booster. I support Mississauga over Brampton anyday.
    2. I never boosted anything in my post. I just stated that 8 Peel teams overall.
    3. There are 2 Peel teams in the top 10, 3 Toronto Public,3 Toronto Catholic, 1 York Region, 1 Durham
    4. It took me nearly 5 minutes to decipher what you wrote. I felt like i was learning a new language. I was sounding out vowels and sylables like I was learning to read all over.
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:45 am

I just tabulate the votes I receive. These standings are the result of that process.

Some coaches did not include Fr. Henry Carr A in their Top 16.

Others (3) had them as #1. There was a wide disparity in how the votes were cast.
    Public Enemy #1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2009-06-10

Post by Public Enemy #1 Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:39 am

x

Last edited by Public Enemy #1 on Tue May 18, 2010 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:53 am

Of course I would like a larger sample of coaches.

Many rankings are based on a single person's interpretation.

The coaches involved were seven of the top coaches in the GTA. It is a consensus of their placement of the teams. It is what it is!
    Public Enemy #1
    Freshman

Post by Public Enemy #1 Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:08 am

x

Last edited by Public Enemy #1 on Tue May 18, 2010 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    battleground
    Freshman

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2010-03-23

Post by battleground Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:44 pm

its very hard to make every1 happy
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:26 pm

Just want to say thank you Coach Clement for the effort you put in on this board in order to keep everyone informed of whats going on in Junior basketball. The ranking regardless of who is in and out or in what spot is something beneficial to the site.
    youngmoney_ballin3
    Freshman

Number of posts : 52
    Registration date : 2009-09-27

Post by youngmoney_ballin3 Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:37 pm

Coach Clement dont you think Bramalea deserves credit too? They were Tier 2 champions, also won the Turner Fenton tournament and i have seen some of their other games and they have beaten tier 1 teams like Turner Fenton,Pine Ridge,Campion and St.Famille and only lost to Gonzaga by 4 points in double OT finishing the season with a record of 21-2
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:16 pm

I have seen Bramalea play and I believe they would be on the radar if they played in Tier 1 and played in some Junior tournaments. But unfortunatley the only win that is of any weight is the one over Campion. One win wont put you ahead of anybody on this list.

Bramalea should really move up to Tier 1 in Senior next year. They can compete without question.
    youngmoney_ballin3
    Freshman

Number of posts : 52
    Registration date : 2009-09-27

Post by youngmoney_ballin3 Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:18 pm

[quote="stevelogan92"]I have seen Bramalea play and I believe they would be on the radar if they played in Tier 1 and played in some Junior tournaments. But unfortunatley the only win that is of any weight is the one over Campion. One win wont put you ahead of anybody on this list.

Bramalea should really move up to Tier 1 in Senior next year. They can compete without question.[/quote]

I hear you still and I hope the coach really moves up and a team like Central Peel should move up too in my opinion
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:14 am

Here are the details: First Place votes in parentheses

Martingrove was also moved up when I checked totals.

1. Vaughan Secondary - 134 (2)
    2. Pickering - 131 (3)
    3. Father Henry Carr B - 124
    4. Downsview - 111
    5. Ste Marguerite d’Youville - 110
    6. West Hill - 90
    7. Father Henry Carr A - 85 (2)
    8. Jean Vanier - 73
    9. Fletcher’s Meadow - 67
    10. Eastern Commerce - 65
    11. Oakwood - 64
    12. Martingrove - 53
    13. St. Michael’s College - 46
    14. Thistletown - 45
    15. Mother Teresa - 42
    16. Sandalwood - 30

Honourable Mention:
    Richview - 21
    St. Joseph’s - 15
    Gonzaga - 13
    Fr. Goetz - 13
    Ascension - 12
    Pope John Paul II - 12

On the Radar
    Edmund Campion - 8
    Holy Trinity – 5
    Crawford – 4
    Burl. Notre Dame 2
    Public Enemy #1
    Freshman

Post by Public Enemy #1 Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:50 am

x

Last edited by Public Enemy #1 on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:14 am

Please do not take this as criticism Public Enemy I am merely pointing something out.

With respect to Martingrove, fair enough that teams below them beat them, I believe Thistletown was one of those.

But Public Enemy you yourself stated these rankings are very subjective.

However, when you say teams below Martingrove are better than them but they have not played that too is a subjective opinion. Is it not?

All I say is these rankings are by coaches, and they are all respected coaches, and this poll is a better indication than when players come on the site to boost their own school.

That said your point was well-taken that this was a significantly lower number of coaches than I sometimes had. Therefore as I said it does not hold as much weight.

This year I had twenty-one coaches who volunteered to participate but only seven voted this time. Perhaps because it came so late in the season but I wanted to wait for the completion of the playoffs in Peel.

Next year I urge more coaches to participate.
    Public Enemy #1
    Freshman

Post by Public Enemy #1 Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:36 am

x

Last edited by Public Enemy #1 on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    smoothflow
    Freshman

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2010-02-01

Post by smoothflow Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:38 pm

how is thistletown ranked ahead of sandalwood lol this ranking is incorrect and sandalwood beat mother theresa in a tourni by 14 i belive
    Oneofakind
    Freshman

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Oneofakind Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:56 am

How are putting asscenion in an honourable mention. You might as well Put St.Martins and Marcies up there too. And Joes should be 16th
    gunta
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 373
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

Post by gunta Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:16 pm

[quote="Oneofakind"]How are putting asscenion in an honourable mention. You might as well Put St.Martins and Marcies up there too. And Joes should be 16th[/quote]

Your post makes no sense. You was the one that post this "i heard many meadwvale players saying they could take peel"
    Asscenion 8-3
    St Martins 5-5
    St. Marcellinus 5-5
    St Joes did not attend any big tournament .
    Meadowvale 0-10
    Uniden
    Freshman

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2010-03-29

Post by Uniden Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:15 pm

lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:30 am