HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+20
kidlebron23
NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
mr_09
RealBall
trebla
Coach Clement
zonekiller
acie earl 55
knowthegame
gave
stevelogan92
southballer_15
Public Enemy #1
eastern#1
steve.nash1
gator01
keepingitreal
i love ball
observernba
panathas
24 posters

Congrats to Notice and Pangos.

panathas
    panathas
    Senior

Number of posts : 975
    Registration date : 2008-08-09

Congrats to Notice and Pangos. Empty Congrats to Notice and Pangos.

Post by panathas Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:01 pm

http://crownmagonline.com/latest-news/taking-the-stage/
    observernba
    Freshman

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2010-03-08

Congrats to Notice and Pangos. Empty Re: Congrats to Notice and Pangos.

Post by observernba Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:56 pm

I have to agree with some of the commentary on the site. Pangos and Notice are great players - no doubt. But not good enough for this tournament. Quite a few players better at each position. Roy is trying to make a statement that if you stay in Canada that you can make it like the guys down south. Although his heart is in the right place, its not the right thing to do.

The first thing to think about is that Pangos and Notice are stepping on the same floor as Corey Joseph and Tristan Thompson. Sorry, but Pangos and Notice are NOT in the same league.

The second thing is that there are several kids like Micqueel Martin that are obviously better than Notice, but are not being considered. It appears that Roy has his mind made up who he thinks is best and we better not confuse him with the facts! It seems obvious to me that Roy has chosen the kids that are not necessarily the best, but align with the "stay in Canada and we will find you" mentality. Its meant to discourage players from going south. I think the only thing he has accomplished is have most kids become disillusioned with Canada basketball. After all, if Pangos is the "chosen one" for point guard, Notice has the slot for combo/shooting guard, Bennett has the nod for power forward, then that doesn't leave much room for anybody else to play much now does it?

They guys that I just mentioned will probably play 80-90% of every game they are involved with. That leaves 2 positions where you might get more than 5 minutes of play time. Unless you're in one of the un-claimed positions, why bother?

Remember, Roy thinks that Pangos is better than Myck Kabongo and Leo thinks he's better than Corey Joseph. With this mindset, I don't hold much hope for anybody else.

Bottom line is that Pangos and Notice are great players, but not ready for prime time. Stop the stupidity Roy!!!!
    i love ball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2010-03-01

Post by i love ball Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:21 pm

cory and tristan are playing in the main event, pangos and notice are playing in the international game vs. younger competition i believe....... but some oversights for sure
    observernba
    Freshman

Post by observernba Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:29 pm

It's similar to how Pangos played with the men's national team (with Bargnani etc.). What are you thinking? Does ANYONE think that Pangos is on the same level as Bargnani? I think the answer is a resounding NO! Otherwise, why doesn't Leo just get him to replace Calderon? Let's get back to reality shall we?
    observernba
    Freshman

Post by observernba Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:41 pm

Just had a great thought. Here's how Roy and company can justify their picks. Invite a team from down south that is made up of the best players, Gandy Glaze, Wells Davis, Jeaine Meryers Nick Stauskas, Richard Peters, Myck Kabongo, etc. Now, place them against a team made up of Dwayne Notice, Kevin Pangos and the rest of Roy's "dream team". I guarantee you that Roy's team will lose.

When they lose, Roy should resign because every pick he ever makes is politically based and has nothing to do with how good the player actually is.
    keepingitreal
    keepingitreal
    Freshman

Number of posts : 74
    Registration date : 2009-02-16

Post by keepingitreal Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:19 pm

lolololol......^^^^^ I see you have your name for a reason...you observe everything throughly then state the facts....like you these selections had me scratching my head( Rolling Eyes )huh?
    gator01
    Freshman

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2008-10-27

Post by gator01 Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:29 pm

Finally people starting to see the politics in Canada basketball and especially Roy Rana a guy who thinks he knows basketball he is some teacher that got lucky working as eastern and probably knows people in Canada basketball what level has Roy rana played at has the guy even played basketball
    notice and pangos are very good players but I agree they are favourites if roy and the worst coach in history of sports rautins. Ovservnba us right on with the names of those prep players that would destroy a team by rana himself.
    Was there ever try out for the cadet team that will play in July. Roy and rautins are stupid if the think pangos is better then myck or Cory. People forget that pangos plays in Canada pangos and notice with both d1 no doubt but they should go to the us to get better. Ro has helped develop Cory and Tristan but the great rana will never let Ro get involved in Canada basketball. We will never do anything with guys like rana and rautins. Rana is not a good coach at all and Leo is just picking favourites he knows his stuff but has no idea how to relate to players and picks his favourites. Rana that guy is living off eastern the guy has no bball knowlegde.
    observernba
    Freshman

Post by observernba Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:29 pm

I don't think you should say "finally", because everyone has always known that Ranna has been a political animal. How else does a guy with so little make it such a long way. Behind Leo, he's the man.

Unfortunately, we have people with a personal agenda making decisionson Canada basketball. We'll NEVER win a championship of any kind if they don't stop what they're doing. Pick the best players, and swallow your pride ROY! You are an IDIOT!
    gator01
    Freshman

Post by gator01 Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:28 pm

I wrote finally because it is about time someone brought this up on this site.
    I would like to know what has rana done other then coach eastern. It not like he had no tslent or medium talent and took them and turned them to champions.
    Has rana even played basketball at any level. I think the guy has connections learned his bball from a bunch of DVDs and probably took those bull$hit coaching courses that our government has.
    It is just crazy the amount of politics going on in Canada basketball. I started a thread anout 3 weeks ago about pangos playing for our mens national team.
    Fire leo fire rana CBS bring in a european coach or American coach. Rans and rautins both play favourities.
    observernba
    Freshman

Post by observernba Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:00 pm

Take my word for it. Come time for the Cadet team try outs, the status quo will remain. The same sorry sack or sh*t will be selected as our Canadian team. The best kids will never be picked either because they don't play highschool ball in Canada. Panos, Notice and the usual cast of brown nosers will continue to ride the Rana train.
    steve.nash1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post by steve.nash1 Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:10 pm

Micqueel Martin is better than Notice??????.....Observernba if you want credibility on this board you shouldn't make statements like that. Martin played Jr......Notice led his team to AAAA OFSAA Quarter Final.....nuff said
    eastern#1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 43
    Registration date : 2010-02-28

Post by eastern#1 Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:11 pm

Gator, please explain the following:

1. How Roy knows nothing about basketball? hmmmm, how many ofsaa gold medals did he win? Who cares if he played or not? Leo played in the NBA and we both agree he is a bad coach. And all the great coaches learn from others, watch dvd's and go to coaches clinics, just ask ANY ncaa coach!
    2. How Ro helped "develop" Corey and Tristan? Thats possible the craziest statement on hooptown I have heard in a long time. Have you seen Ro "coach"??
    steve.nash1
    Freshman

Post by steve.nash1 Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:14 pm

Gator 1 Ro Russell is a slime ball and everyone knows it. The kids he send down to the US don't even attend classes. They are all alone with no support. The only reason Tristan and Cory are any different is because they are very talented.
    observernba
    Freshman

Post by observernba Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:32 pm

steve.nash1 wrote:Micqueel Martin is better than Notice??????.....Observernba if you want credibility on this board you shouldn't make statements like that. Martin played Jr......Notice led his team to AAAA OFSAA Quarter Final.....nuff said

Have you ever seen Martin play? Physically he is every bit as solid and strong as Notice (if not more so). You can't always play on a winning team or have a great coach. Pound for pound, move for move, play for play Martin is FAR SUPERIOR to Notice. If you don't see this you must be blind. Playing Jr. vs Sr. is always a mixed story. Its not always because the player is not ready. It might be that the player or coach feels they will show better that year by playing down. Martin was certainly evey bit as capable as Notice to lead any kind of highschool team. I guarnatee you that if Martin and Notice played a one on one tournament (7 games) that Martin would SH*T on Notice. Of this I have no doubt.

Nash, if you want credibitly, stop sucking on the tit of the Canada basketball status quo and realize that what they set forth as the best is usually not the case. Open your eyes and stop sucking!
    Public Enemy #1
    Freshman

Registration date : 2009-06-10

Post by Public Enemy #1 Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:51 pm

x

Last edited by Public Enemy #1 on Tue May 18, 2010 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    steve.nash1
    Freshman

Post by steve.nash1 Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:15 pm

observernba...what are they going to say?...that he is an ass....and then lose credibility with the D1 schools. D1 schools look for good people. Why would they jeopardize that for Ro...They wouldn't

Why did you sign up March 8th?....something to prove....Maybe you are Ro Russell?
    observernba
    Freshman

Post by observernba Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:26 pm

I don't understand what you're saying. Tristan and Corey are going to somehow lose credibility because they say that their AAU coach was an ass? There are all kinds of players that don't like their coaches. Didn't Dalembert publicly say that he though Leo was a dick? Didn't hurt him any did it?

Corey and Trisan are so well liked and respected that I truly doubt anything they had to say about any coach would negatively affect them. That aside, why complement Ro? If you don't like him then why not just say nothing? They go out of their way to complement Ro. Your logic makes no sense to me. I truely think they love him. I've seen them interact and I beleive this to be true.
    southballer_15
    Freshman

Number of posts : 120
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by southballer_15 Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:31 pm

steve nash wanna be u need to get some class bagging on people through your computer screen do you feel big?
    keepingitreal
    keepingitreal
    Freshman

Post by keepingitreal Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:07 am

It's a well known fact that "success breeds envy"....Ro Russell is the most powerful man in basketball in the country hands down. Men lie, women lie, results dont!

^^^ I agree 100% with "observnba" about Micqueel Martin. That kid took a ragtag bunch of misfits on his back and won the city championship singlehandedly. MM is quicker, more explosive, better shooter, better decision maker and capable of playing 3 positions effectively. It should also be noted that he led all Jr's in scoring and rebounding from the guard position. Like many before him Micqueel go on to much bigger things in basketball despite being snubbed by his home country. I know for a fact that "steve.nash1" has never seen MM play or he would have the same viewpoint.
    Public Enemy #1
    Freshman

Registration date : 2009-06-10

Post by Public Enemy #1 Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:45 am

x

Last edited by Public Enemy #1 on Tue May 18, 2010 5:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
    gator01
    Freshman

Post by gator01 Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:08 am

the real Steve Nash has worked with ro and his program so if Ro was such a slime ball would canadas greatest player ever deal with. Just think why would Cory and Tristan play with Ro every summer aau ball when they have a chance to play for any aau team they wish. Ro is the man when it comes to Canada basketball but guys like Leo and Roy keep him away. Roy rana is a guy who is living if the talent he had at eastern the guy is a horrible coach with no playing experience. Leo knows his stuff but has no idea to deal with players and is to busy playing politics leo is a good x and o guy but no idea to relate to players. Rana that guy is just a kiss ass who has no knowledge if the game. If he knows so much how come city and Tristan stick by Ro. The real Steve Nash knows all the $hit that is going on with canada basketball and that us why he has not played for Canada. Bring back triano and I know Nash will play for Canada. Our program is so bull$hit that triano our best coach is now working with USA basketball running USA training camps instead we got Roy rana former coach of eastern commerce lol. Canada basketball is a joke you watch next big guy in Canada basketball will be our one and only coachblue.

Last edited by gator01 on Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    keepingitreal
    keepingitreal
    Freshman

Post by keepingitreal Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:14 am

Wow!! Now talk about "dramatic irony"!! The real Steve Nash works with Grassroots and Ro every year....i think this FAKE "Steve Nash1" should change his name and stop mis-representing the real SN who is a stand up guy.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:56 pm

[quote="steve.nash1"]Gator1 Nash doesn't play for the National team because he needs the time to rest his body.He has even said that several times.

WTF do you know??[/quote]

I dont see eye to eye with Gator01 with certain issues. I dont know much about the topic being discussed so I wont comment on it. However, Steve Nash was very upset when Triano was removed as Head Coach of the Canadian National Mens Team. If im not mistaken, he stated he would not play for Canada Basketball again because of Triano's unjust dismissal.
    keepingitreal
    keepingitreal
    Freshman

Post by keepingitreal Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:16 pm

Gator1 is 100% correct about that!!! Canada basketball committed suicide with that silly move.
    gave
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 357
    Registration date : 2008-07-24

Post by gave Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:44 pm

I do not know how Downsview and Micqueel's name got into this but I can say this, I have been coaching Micqueel since grade 4 n never seen that kid run from competition. He played up since grade 5 in grade 7 he was one of my better scorers on a Midget-grade 9 squad-Toronto Five-O ...

I made the Decision for him to play his age when we created the YAAACE organization...

Myself n coaches at Downsview made the decision for Micqueel to play Juniors-This kid would put up the same numbers if he was playing seniors.

check out his numbers in Italy...

I am sure u guys can make your point without putting any young athlete down to do so!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 6:00 pm