HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

5 posters

Congrats to Coach Melnik and the OFSSA-bound Crusaders

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Congrats to Coach Melnik and the OFSSA-bound Crusaders Empty Congrats to Coach Melnik and the OFSSA-bound Crusaders

Post by Coach Clement Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:14 am

I would like to congratulate Coach Melnik on an incredible job this season in the face of many obstacles. losing a number of players of the caliber of Tyler-Ennis, Tevin Finlay, Greg Bell and more would have finished many high schools. Still the Crusaders soldiered on and put together a great season.

Thanks to a first quarter onslaught fuelled by some incredible shotmaking they jumped out of the blocks to a lead of 22-3 if I'm not mistaken. Mother Teresa led by some incredible defence by Ritchie Kanza and the leadership of Adika Peter-McNeilly and DeShaun Williams got it to pretty much equal terms at the half trailing 37-34.

It looked like the momentum may have swung but Carr came out on fire in the second half and once again established a 10-point lead. Although Mother Teresa once again closed the gap they had little in the tank for the closing minutes.

Kenrick Lewis was incredible in this game but he had plenty of help from Richard Audu, Lincoln Samuels and the rest of the Crusaders. Coach Melnik is often targetted by the haters on the board but it is time to give the man his due!

For Coach Gallacher and the Titans it was the end of a great run of OFSSA appearances but have no doubt they will be back in the mix next season because there are few coaches out there who are in the same class as he! He also has some great talent returning in the future and some top kids moving up from Junior. However, we lose Ritchie Kanza whose leadership and will-to-win is second-to-none he will be remembered as one of the greatest players ever to wear a Mother Teresa uniform. Best of luck at the next level to an incredible competitor and a wonderful young man!

To Coach Melnik and the Crusaders congratulations on silencing your detractors and bottom line getting it done this season and best of luck in the AAAA Championship in London!
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Number of posts : 1043
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Congrats to Coach Melnik and the OFSSA-bound Crusaders Empty Re: Congrats to Coach Melnik and the OFSSA-bound Crusaders

Post by coachblue Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:58 am

Congrats to Henry Carr and job well done MT.
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 338
    Registration date : 2009-10-31

Congrats to Coach Melnik and the OFSSA-bound Crusaders Empty Re: Congrats to Coach Melnik and the OFSSA-bound Crusaders

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:45 am

Congrats coach Melnik and bring home the gold to the TDCAA!
    DrewEbanks
    Freshman

Number of posts : 281
    Registration date : 2011-01-03

Post by DrewEbanks Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:02 pm

Congrats to Father Henry Carr on a big tough win against Mother Theresa! Good look and CROWN will see you in OFSAA!!!

Drew
    Live Hard Ball Hard(LHBH)
    Coach Melnik
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 370
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Melnik Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:18 pm

Thanks very much for the kind words Coach Clement. We appreciate that immensely. As you know, the MT-FHC rivalry is what I like to call "intense, but friendly". I have the utmost respect for Coach Gallacher, the MT coaches, and the MT players. They played their hearts out last night, coming ALL the way back from a 20 pt deficit. Fortunately for the Crusaders, we were able to withstand that huge run and settle down.

I also wanted to give credit to Tre Boutilier. His outside shooting in the first quarter was phenomenal and set the tone for us, in addition to his rebounding.

I want to congratulate Richie Kanza on a tremendous career at MT. I know how hard he has worked on all aspects of his game and education. I also know what it feels like to lose a game like that. Richie is a tremendous young man and the FHC community wishes him all the best in his post-secondary life.

Adika PeterMcNeilly and Deshaun Williams also played very, very well for MT. Keep your heads high Titans. Although it is not a consolation, but you had a great season.

Thank you to all for the good wishes!

Coach Melnik

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:26 am