HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+6
acie earl 55
i love ball
Coach Clement
keepingitreal
rerun
knowthegame
10 posters

GTA high school seniors...NCAA signings???

knowthegame
    knowthegame
    Senior

Number of posts : 1123
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

GTA high school seniors...NCAA signings??? Empty GTA high school seniors...NCAA signings???

Post by knowthegame Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:27 pm

This year has been very quiet in regards to any of our senior high school boys or girls decisions on where they will be next year. I haven't heard much about any NCAA signings besides the boys playing Prep down south. Nastic signed to Stanford, and I'm thinking Julian Clarke is leaning heavily towards Santa Clara. What about the rest? If not NCAA...CIS, Community College, JUCO, one more year of high school or the so far so good Prep route? Curious, because this may be the least amount of kids from the GTA going south to college or universities in a good while?

GTA high school seniors...NCAA signings??? Empty Re: GTA high school seniors...NCAA signings???

Post by Guest Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:42 pm

Manny Sahota (d'Youville Catholic) is going to Cornell.
    rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

GTA high school seniors...NCAA signings??? Empty Re: GTA high school seniors...NCAA signings???

Post by rerun Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:59 pm

The official signing period for NCAA basketball does not officially start until Wednesday April 14th. It goes until May 19th or so. Most of the NCAA talent is already in the states so that is why it is rather quiet up on the homefront in comparison to previous years. Stefan Nastic has signed with Stanford University in the PAC-10. There is no Devoe Joseph who we are waiting on to sign......this year guys like Maurice Walker, Corey Joseph, Ashton Khan and company are the signings that we would be highly anticipating, however, these guys are no longer here. The next tier of guys are not "Blue Chip" prospects with as many options and prospective schools. We will see what happens with Matthew Wright, if he signs with a D1 school or goes to a CIS school. Julian Clarke looks like he's going to Santa Clara....other than those guys I think it will be quiet up here this year.
    rerun
    Senior

Post by rerun Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:17 pm

There are JUCO players who are finished their two years of community college and are about to sign with 4 year schools. Guys like Kurt Alexander-Iowa Central (formerly of Pine RIdge), Jermel Kennedy-Volunteer State(formerly of Lincoln Alexander), Jordan Henry (formerly of Mount Carmel) and others should be making decisions soon.

Daniel Mullings and Anthony Ottley are currently unsigned and should be making decisions about their future plans. I know both of them have interest from some JUCOs.

Next year will be a big signing year out of JUCO and the prep schools. Out of JUCO, you should have Juveol Myles, Carlisle Francis, Curtis Trotter, Josh Ogden, Alex Arthur, Chadrack Lutile
    knowthegame
    knowthegame
    Senior

Post by knowthegame Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:30 am

Thanks rerun! That's why I through it out there because of the signing period. We all know where the boys are mostly heading down south. Some big schools though, not the normal Canisius, Niagara's, Central Conn and Bonaventure's. Really looks like the bar has been risen! Rerun...what about the girls? Any names stick out this year? I do really hope that at least a few kids in their last year here make some solid choices whether NCAA or CIS. A good post-secondary education is so valueable in the new globally economical society. It is your passport to the world, career wise and to have it creates endless opportunities, globally! I have noticed that there always is a good group of kids, that can play but get left out or decide high school was their last stop. NCAA D2, D3, CIS, Community College or JUCO are options that can have enlightening experiences.
    keepingitreal
    keepingitreal
    Freshman

Number of posts : 74
    Registration date : 2009-02-16

Post by keepingitreal Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:37 am

Marvell Waithe(Tallahassee C.C) signed with the Arkansas Razorbacks.
    knowthegame
    knowthegame
    Senior

Post by knowthegame Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:50 am

True...he actually slipped my mind but I remember that earlier! Thanks kir!
    rerun
    Senior

Post by rerun Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:27 am

I'm not really familiar with the girls basketball scene, but, I know that Shanice Mckoy should be making a decision soon. She has a lot of interest from some really good schools...most of them reputable, high D1 schools. Wumi Agunbiade from Dunbarton just signed with Duqesne University(Pittsburgh, PA) of the Atlantic 10 conference. Kayla Grossett from Thomson signed with Mount St. Mary's University a D1 school in Maryland and that's about it. Seems like there is more action and signing on the girls side than the guys.
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Clement Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:57 am

Back to the guys I believe Ashton Khan is officially signing today with Canisius.

That's what he and his dad told me yesterday!
    keepingitreal
    keepingitreal
    Freshman

Number of posts : 74
    Registration date : 2009-02-16

Post by keepingitreal Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:09 am

Good look for Ashton...actually Ashton would be good on any of the teams in the MAAC...he will have a very good 4 years with Canisus and will be All Conference by his junior year. Congrats to Ashton!!
    knowthegame
    knowthegame
    Senior

Post by knowthegame Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:53 am

I heard that too. Canisius is a good fit for him. Rob is not there anymore and the kid from REDA signed as well so, will see.
    i love ball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2010-03-01

Post by i love ball Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:57 pm

maurice walker ?? coach clement do you have any info on him?
    knowthegame
    knowthegame
    Senior

Post by knowthegame Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:05 pm

Just took a recent visit to Minnesota. Not to sure what are his final 4 to 5 schools but Minnesota is one, Pitt was in the pic but I don't think so anymore.
    acie earl 55
    acie earl 55
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 312
    Registration date : 2008-07-13

Post by acie earl 55 Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:07 pm

Mo said Kentucky is in the mix now and a visit is in the works. Don't think he'll sign this weekend. I'd be really surprised.
    unknownballer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 255
    Registration date : 2008-07-20

Post by unknownballer Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:51 pm

[quote="knowthegame"]I heard that too. Canisius is a good fit for him. Rob is not there anymore and the kid from REDA signed as well so, will see.[/quote]

Where did Rob go?
    stangscoach
    Freshman

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2009-12-22

Post by stangscoach Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:04 pm

I was told that Rob didn't last very long at Canisius. He came home before the season. I was also told that now he is waiting for Ro to get him into a JUCO next year.
    If this is untrue, I will never trust my sources again.
    BJH
    Freshman

Number of posts : 108
    Registration date : 2008-09-11

Post by BJH Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:45 pm

Reports are coming in that Maurice Walker has committed to Minnesota and will sign once the late signing period begins this Wednesday.
    knowthegame
    knowthegame
    Senior

Post by knowthegame Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:07 am

Yes, I've heard the same. He will be announcing it by today or tomorrow is what I heard. Not to sure if its Minnesota, but I heard he is making his announcement. Congrats to the big fella! Good kid!
    rerun
    Senior

Post by rerun Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:31 pm

Former Pine Ridge Star Kurt Alexander has signed a National Letter of Intent with Drake University of the Missouri Valley Conference. He officially signed on the opening day of the mid-April to MId-may signing period. Drake is a mid-major D1 school with great academics and a quality basketball program. It is located in Des Moine, Iowa.

So that is two big signing on the opening day of the month long signing period!....Maurice Walker of MT/Brewster Academy and Kurt Alexander of Iowa Central/Pine Ridge..... We'll see what happens with Corey Joseph and some of the other hopefuls.
    knowthegame
    knowthegame
    Senior

Post by knowthegame Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:17 am

Yes Maurice Walker signed his letter at Brewster Academy yesterday and as well, Julian Clarke signed his letter of intent to Santa Clara University. That makes three signings on the first day of the signing period.
    Tila_Tequila
    Freshman

Number of posts : 280

Post by Tila_Tequila Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:50 pm

Stefan Nastic Offically signed his letter to intent to Stanford, Congrats!
    rerun
    Senior

Post by rerun Sat May 01, 2010 3:15 am

Maybe it is just me, but, the 2010 signing period has been really impressive overall. Despite the mass exodus of GTA players Julian Clarke, Manny Sahota and Stefan Nastic remained back here and managed to sign with some good D1 schools...Cornell University, Stanford University and Santa Clara

Our Prep school players such as Maurice Walker, Corey Joseph, and Tristan Thompson to name a few chose to leave their respective powerhouse programs for greener pastures in the United States and end up signing with some major D1 programs...the University of Texas and University of Minnesota.

Finally, the players that opted for JUCO are also doing big things as well. Juveol Myles signs with Kansas State University, Tramar Sutherland signs with University of Arkansas-Little Rock, Kurt Alexander signs with Drake University and Marvell Waithe signs with the University of Arkansas.

You still have some pretty good players that are still unsigned as well in the likes of DJ Wright (JUCO), Daniel Mullings and Anthony Ottley (JUCO), Matthew Wright and Troy Joseph. In my opinion, the future of Canadian basketball looks good right now....and you have the next wave of players coming of age soon in Duane Notice, Kevin Pangos, Anthony Bennett etc.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:07 am