HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+6
keepingitreal
observernba
lockdown
crushdreams101
southballer_15
CoachPaul
10 posters

Nik Stauskas - Mix Tape - Class of 2012

CoachPaul
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 306
    Registration date : 2008-12-07

Nik Stauskas - Mix Tape - Class of 2012 Empty Nik Stauskas - Mix Tape - Class of 2012

Post by CoachPaul Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:04 pm

Mix tape from some of his AAU games this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag8yUMWRUFE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j56cgQZJXtA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cIWoytjQIA

Last edited by CoachPaul on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:11 am; edited 2 times in total
    southballer_15
    Freshman

Number of posts : 120
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Nik Stauskas - Mix Tape - Class of 2012 Empty Re: Nik Stauskas - Mix Tape - Class of 2012

Post by southballer_15 Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:04 am

wow much improved kid has serious game how come it says he is at another school isint he at south kent?
    CoachPaul
    Sophomore

Nik Stauskas - Mix Tape - Class of 2012 Empty Re: Nik Stauskas - Mix Tape - Class of 2012

Post by CoachPaul Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:00 am

The coach from St. Marks wanted him last year but all scholarship money was gone. This year they had money, so switching schools. Better school, better coach, better program.
    crushdreams101
    Freshman

Number of posts : 48
    Registration date : 2009-09-16

Post by crushdreams101 Sun May 02, 2010 12:00 am

LOL look at the kids he is playing against..
    CoachPaul
    Sophomore

Post by CoachPaul Sun May 02, 2010 12:42 am

If you'll notice, the last half of mix he was playing in the "real deal in the rock" (Arkansas) with Myck Kabongo. Grassroots finished 6th out of about 70 teams. Myck and Nik were the high scorers on the team. These are some of the top teams in the country they were playing against.

If you think the competion was weak, check out some of the names that are on the "NY2LA" scouting report along side Nik (http://www.ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=532):

LAQUINTON ROSS – 6’9 – MBA HOOPS ELITE (2011)
    Long regarded as one of the premiere juniors in the country, Ross turned in arguably the best performance on the night. A versatile offensive scoring machine, Ross scored on the blocks, off the bounce, through mid range jumpers, and knocked down trey balls. Continuing to showcase a high major impact offensive game, Ross showed improved versatility in a dominant performance on the night.

NIK STAUSKAS – 6’5 – GRASSROOTS CANADA (2012)
    Sharpshooters are always a hot commodity and Stauskas is without question one of the best in the 2012 class. A solid athlete with size, Stauskas rains from beyond the arc with consistency and solid shot selection and is a high major shooting guard on the rise in the class. Expect a huge spring and summer from one of the fast rising sophomores in the country.

ADONIS THOMAS – 6’6 – MEMPHIS MAGIC (2011)
    One of the premiere juniors in the country wasn’t at the top of his game on Friday but impressive nonetheless. Explosive power and athleticism for this versatile wing talent who was active on the glass and attacking the rim in transition. A high major impact talent without question, Thomas evidenced those expectations in flashes on Friday night.
    lockdown
    Freshman

Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2009-01-04

Post by lockdown Sun May 02, 2010 5:18 pm

dis kid is clean
    observernba
    Freshman

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2010-03-08

Post by observernba Sun May 02, 2010 7:55 pm

I've watched this kid for many years. Definitely one of the best in his class. Negus and Nik are two guys that I think are WAY underrated.
    keepingitreal
    keepingitreal
    Freshman

Number of posts : 74
    Registration date : 2009-02-16

Post by keepingitreal Sun May 02, 2010 9:22 pm

[quote="crushdreams101"]LOL look at the kids he is playing against..[/quote]

Do you know anything about basketball? Go back to your sandbox and stay off the forum if you don't have anything constructive to say....

btw after your finished prying your foot from your mouth you can check this link to see the caliber of this tournament that your dissing. www.realdealintherock.com

30+ players who have played in this tourney over the last 4 years are now in the NBA.
    elevator
    Freshman

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2009-12-01

Post by elevator Mon May 03, 2010 9:14 pm

nick looks like he put some musle and some size to him... hes also taller now.. what's he 6'5 or so? although he got a bit slower, he jumps higher takes it agressivly to the rim. and can shoot. keep up the good work nik
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 338
    Registration date : 2009-10-31

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Mon May 03, 2010 10:05 pm

I cant exactly say that hes gotten better, he was always a good shooter. Now he put on some size so he appeals to more people.
    lockdown
    Freshman

Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2009-01-04

Post by lockdown Tue May 04, 2010 5:11 pm

da kid got handls to!!!
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Tue May 04, 2010 5:53 pm

Good player. Saw him play at Loyola a couple times.

Too bad they dont have any highlights of his mid range game. He has those too.
    airlionel2000
    Freshman

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2010-05-19

Nik Stauskas - Mix Tape - Class of 2012 Empty Grassroots Canada

Post by airlionel2000 Wed May 19, 2010 3:52 pm

I saw Grassroots Canada play a couple of weeks ago in the Hoop Group Jamfest in VA, where they placed second against some of the best teams in the country (Boo Williams, CP3, DC Assault, Team Loaded, and others). I was primarily there supporting my 16U team <shout out to PW United Force winners of the silver bracket>. But when my team wasn't playing, I watched every game that Grassroots Canada played except the championship game primarily for <Myck Kabongo>,one of the best point guards in the country. I love his poise, speed, ball control (is this kid left handed or right handed), leadership, and communication, he runs his team like a 10 year NBA player. This player is going to go far - although rated a 5 star PG, he is currently ranked #8 point guard in his class -- when it is all said and done - he will be #1 or #2 in his class. I was also able to catch Nik Stauskas play - this kid can flat out play, he is deadly from anywhere on the court - you need someone in his jockstrap at all times and even then you need someone doubling him just in case he is able to dribble shake his opponent off of him, like I witnessed against a CP3 (Chris Paul All Stars) opponent, and when he swished from deep three, he looked at the opponent and saluted him. At that time, he earned alot of respect from the other team and fans alike. Trust me this kid is a high-major Division I player - I've got to tweet Illinois coaching staff to see if this kid is on their radar LOL. Illinois is my favorite team. The other kid on the team <JP Kambola> is another player that is a mid to high major Division I player. Grassroots Canada is a solid basketball program. A new fan from Virginia.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:21 am