HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+6
zonekiller
stevelogan92
Mu2
TrueTalkz50
Rookie0910
crieghtney3000
10 posters

predictions for next years top 16 teams??

crieghtney3000
    crieghtney3000
    Freshman

Number of posts : 254
    Registration date : 2009-04-16

predictions for next years top 16 teams?? Empty predictions for next years top 16 teams??

Post by crieghtney3000 Mon May 24, 2010 1:44 am

Rookie0910
    Freshman

Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2009-12-04

predictions for next years top 16 teams?? Empty Re: predictions for next years top 16 teams??

Post by Rookie0910 Mon May 24, 2010 8:20 pm

From what i know the TDSB West is not as competitive as ussual, but Martingrove would b the best from west
    TrueTalkz50
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 393
    Registration date : 2010-05-01

predictions for next years top 16 teams?? Empty Re: predictions for next years top 16 teams??

Post by TrueTalkz50 Mon May 24, 2010 8:39 pm

Some teams to look out for is downsview,eastern,oakwood,mother theresa,henry carr james cardinal migiguan,pope john paul,notre dame(ajax),martingrove,vaghan and even that school in hamiltin sir allen mcnab.Those are schools that I think would make the top sixteen ,there could be more though.Peel is questionable,but schools that have potential is campion,st roch,father goetz,gonzaga,acension,bcss,turner fenton fletchers,xavier,bramalea ,even central peel have a couple of guys,but I have a feeling Campion is going to shine the most next year,(that's just my opinion).D'youville is questionable because nuff of the players on the team are moving on to senior and I think there not going to recieve enough grade 8's,due to that new school, i heard that school is a recieving a bunch of grade 8 players in the D'youville boundary,but i could be wrong. St Roch has the biggest potential and could be a peel contender in the future
    Mu2
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by Mu2 Wed May 26, 2010 8:33 am

I heard about this 'new school' going up down the street from dY. But I also heard that they are NOT having any school sport teams the first year they are opened. So if kids attend that school, they will miss a year of sports.
    The school is also a public school and shouldn't hurt DY's players and students. (but students may choose to go to the public school rather than the catholic one). This school will have the biggest effect on Sandalwoods enrollment (public) which is down the road.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Wed May 26, 2010 9:17 am

D'youville has built a name for themself in Peel. The only players that would choose to leave D'Youville to go to the new school are players who are on the bubble or dont recieve PT at DY.
    zonekiller
    Junior

Number of posts : 649
    Registration date : 2008-08-08

Post by zonekiller Wed May 26, 2010 10:03 am

vaughan.
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Peel Fan Wed May 26, 2010 10:43 pm

stevelogan92 wrote:D'youville has built a name for themself in Peel. The only players that would choose to leave D'Youville to go to the new school are players who are on the bubble or dont recieve PT at DY.

Actually, they have little say in the matter because neither school is granting flexible boundaries to incoming students from each other's zone. The same thing is happening with Campion and St. Roch.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Thu May 27, 2010 2:44 pm

Peel Fan, but isnt the new school in DY's area a public school in their boundaries? Wouldnt that mean that players would be accepted to the school because they already live in the area?
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Peel Fan Thu May 27, 2010 6:15 pm

No, Amrozic took a portion of D'Youville's old boundary and St. Roch took a portion of Campion's boundary.
    crieghtney3000
    crieghtney3000
    Freshman

Number of posts : 254
    Registration date : 2009-04-16

Post by crieghtney3000 Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:54 pm

[quote="TrueTalkz50"]Some teams to look out for is downsview,eastern,oakwood,mother theresa,henry carr james cardinal migiguan,pope john paul,notre dame(ajax),martingrove,vaghan and even that school in hamiltin sir allen mcnab.Those are schools that I think would make the top sixteen ,there could be more though.Peel is questionable,but schools that have potential is campion,st roch,father goetz,gonzaga,acension,bcss,turner fenton fletchers,xavier,bramalea ,even central peel have a couple of guys,but I have a feeling Campion is going to shine the most next year,(that's just my opinion).D'youville is questionable because nuff of the players on the team are moving on to senior and I think there not going to recieve enough grade 8's,due to that new school, i heard that school is a recieving a bunch of grade 8 players in the D'youville boundary,but i could be wrong. St Roch has the biggest potential and could be a peel contender in the future[/quote]

Notre dames best players were gr 10 except Davion so i don't know if they're gonna b very good. who are they getting from grade 8?
    Mu2
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by Mu2 Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:41 am

True Talks:

Peel Region: Gonzaga won't be a threat, 3 highest scorers will be in grade 11 next year (including Marcus)
    - All Campions good players are grade 10's moving up as well
    - flethchers nines did ok in bantam
    - St Joes won the bantam league, should be good at junior
    - humberview came second in bantam league
    - d'youville and Central peel and bramalea have some solid
    players from grade 9 going to grade 10 include
    not sure about turner, xavier and bcss

Other teams: definitely the power houses: Carr and Vaughan and pickering
    others: martingrove, jarvis
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Clement Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:05 pm

Here is the result of the St. Roch Tournament held last year.

Mother Teresa beat St. Augustine 94-69 in the final. Our MVP's for our semi-final and final were Daniel Campbell-Johnson and John Hannant-Minchel. There was no Tournament MVP.

We do not compete as a Gr. 9 team because we do not have a league to compete in. Most players are on our Junior A or B team. All of course are in Gr. 9 at Mother Teresa.

Our chemistry was growing with every game. We struggled a little in our first game against St. Joe's but were better against St. Roch. We were in full gear against St. Augustine.

Today the same group of players will appear in the Hoops4Haiti event.

We also defeated Pickering Gr. 9's in a close game at Hoops4Haiti. We have good nines coming in. So we should be at least considered.
    balla32
    Freshman

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2009-09-19

Post by balla32 Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:56 pm

Do u think west hill will be good next year?
    thephenom123
    Freshman

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2009-10-17

Post by thephenom123 Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:35 pm

Don't sleep on d'Youville their gr.9's may have not got any pt so noone knows about them but they have been training and practising for next year so they will be top 16
    TrueTalkz50
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 393
    Registration date : 2010-05-01

Post by TrueTalkz50 Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:11 pm

Yeah d'youvile might shine next year but are they getting enough grade 9's next september? But peel has alot of talen overall and there are like 8-10 schools that can make the top 16.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:02 am