HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+10
coachetob
logical
tee.dot
jk33
HooptownGTA
bballnow
coachphillips
TrueTalkz50
whatupdawg
Skeeter
14 posters

RANKINGS

Skeeter
    Freshman

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2010-11-20

RANKINGS Empty RANKINGS

Post by Skeeter Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:01 am

Since there have been some major tournaments already. Any thought to someone creating a Junior Ranking on Hooptown?

Any suggestions?
    whatupdawg
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 425
    Registration date : 2009-01-12

RANKINGS Empty Re: RANKINGS

Post by whatupdawg Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:14 am

carz iz numba 1nz!!!!
    bow wow wow!!
    TrueTalkz50
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 393
    Registration date : 2010-05-01

Post by TrueTalkz50 Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:43 am

Im guessing the top six
    1.Vaughan
    2.Henry Carr
    3.Pickering
    4.downsview
    5.Eastern commerence
    6.Oakwood ci
    Some honourable mentions is mt because I never hear about them and people underestimate them and they always do excelente with the players they have living in malvern within the last 5 years (not to many schools can do that) D youville always of course and pope john paul , runnymede since everyone is saying they have three new players , martingrove they have connor and eman .Those teams is what i have so far that are making the topo 16 I think scratch
    whatupdawg
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 425
    Registration date : 2009-01-12

Post by whatupdawg Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:31 pm

stz mikez...dunbartz...wzt hilz....bow wow wow!
    coachphillips
    Freshman

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2008-09-07

Post by coachphillips Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:16 am

1. Henry Carr - Carr is undefeated, this year combining the 9 & 10 team makes them that more dominant

2. Vaughan SS - Defeated everyone with the exception of Carr & Downsview. I really like this team and their ability to against anyone. Doesn't look like the lose of Shandon and Tristan is affecting them

3. Downsview - Probably the deepest junior team, and could be #2 but yet to win a tournament

4.PJP II - Very strong starting 5, 3 starts play on SBA #1 provincial champs a year ago. Kemar Alleyne is a game winner just asks Brampton about his buzzer beater 3 pt, 4 feet behind the 3pt line.

5. St Mikes -Very discipline team, lack size but high bball IQ. They know how to control the tempo and use it to their advantage.

6. Eastern - It’s early in the season and I expect them to move up

7. Chaminade -Arguably the biggest surprise but like PJP II very strong
    starting 5. Held St.Mikes to a season low 40 points, defensively they're a problem. You can attribute some of that to their length; the starting 5 average height is 6'2".

8. Oakwood Solid team but with Green playing up, it will definitely affect
    their dominance

9. Pickering Are they still the team to beat in Durham? Nevell Provo is one of the top pg at junior add Smithen and Fridal to the mix and you've got a very good team. They should move up but the lost of Burton will hurt them.

10. Dunbarton- They will tell you they are the best team in Durham and their record backs up that statement. The newest member to Grassroots Cameron Creighty is a solid guard, a tough nose defender and a great leader

11. Mother Teresa -Still early but with Reynald Kasongo playing up those are some big shoes to fill. Then when you consider no Daniel Campbell and Brandon, you realized MT is a young team. Malik Skeete is a scorer and once he adjusts to junior, he'll contribute more to the team's success.

12. Ste Marguerite d'Youville -Once Aaron Ariri return they will be tough to beat. Josh is doing a good job at pg and Ty is a very good shooter but it's no secret they miss Dishawn Thompson.

13. West Hill I'm not sold on West Hill as they have lost their dominance and look very bad in their loses. In Rhodes and King they have a solid back court but they need help from the supporting cast.

14. Holy Trinity (Oakville) Lose to Dunbarton by 6 in the QF @ GL Roberts

15. St. Joan of Arc I call them the new kids on the block and watch out

16. Brebeuf - Like a lot of teams looking to make that jump they lack a true big but their coach gets them to play tough regardless of the opponent.

These teams will probably be looking to bump team once we see them play.
    Loyola
    Martingrove
    Father Goetz

Remember this is my opinion and is not an official list; my insider report comes from coaching this age group for the past 6 years. Anyone that feels their team got snub by me it's early and I'm sure Hooptowngta will provide their list soon.
    bballnow
    Freshman

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2010-11-29

Post by bballnow Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:45 am

how bout macnab - beat MT by over 10
    HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5447
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by HooptownGTA Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:00 am

bballnow wrote:how bout macnab - beat MT by over 10

If you mean MacNab from Hamilton..... Hamilton is not a part of the GTA Super 16.
    jk33
    Freshman

Number of posts : 96
    Registration date : 2009-03-11

Post by jk33 Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:21 pm

whats up with that man who keeps saying bowwowwow?
    TrueTalkz50
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 393
    Registration date : 2010-05-01

Post by TrueTalkz50 Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:29 pm

whatdawg that's name he's funny and he does that in every post
    jk33
    Freshman

Number of posts : 96
    Registration date : 2009-03-11

Post by jk33 Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:09 pm

word hes effed lool
    tee.dot
    Freshman

Number of posts : 83
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

Post by tee.dot Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:38 pm

[quote="coachphillips"]1. Henry Carr - Carr is undefeated, this year combining the 9 & 10 team makes them that more dominant

2. Vaughan SS - Defeated everyone with the exception of Carr & Downsview. I really like this team and their ability to against anyone. Doesn't look like the lose of Shandon and Tristan is affecting them

3. Downsview - Probably the deepest junior team, and could be #2 but yet to win a tournament

4.PJP II - Very strong starting 5, 3 starts play on SBA #1 provincial champs a year ago. Kemar Alleyne is a game winner just asks Brampton about his buzzer beater 3 pt, 4 feet behind the 3pt line.

5. St Mikes -Very discipline team, lack size but high bball IQ. They know how to control the tempo and use it to their advantage.

6. Eastern - It’s early in the season and I expect them to move up

7. Chaminade -Arguably the biggest surprise but like PJP II very strong
    starting 5. Held St.Mikes to a season low 40 points, defensively they're a problem. You can attribute some of that to their length; the starting 5 average height is 6'2".

8. Oakwood Solid team but with Green playing up, it will definitely affect
    their dominance

9. Pickering Are they still the team to beat in Durham? Nevell Provo is one of the top pg at junior add Smithen and Fridal to the mix and you've got a very good team. They should move up but the lost of Burton will hurt them.

10. Dunbarton- They will tell you they are the best team in Durham and their record backs up that statement. The newest member to Grassroots Cameron Creighty is a solid guard, a tough nose defender and a great leader

11. Mother Teresa -Still early but with Reynald Kasongo playing up those are some big shoes to fill. Then when you consider no Daniel Campbell and Brandon, you realized MT is a young team. Malik Skeete is a scorer and once he adjusts to junior, he'll contribute more to the team's success.

12. Ste Marguerite d'Youville -Once Aaron Ariri return they will be tough to beat. Josh is doing a good job at pg and Ty is a very good shooter but it's no secret they miss Dishawn Thompson.

13. West Hill I'm not sold on West Hill as they have lost their dominance and look very bad in their loses. In Rhodes and King they have a solid back court but they need help from the supporting cast.

14. Holy Trinity (Oakville) Lose to Dunbarton by 6 in the QF @ GL Roberts

15. St. Joan of Arc I call them the new kids on the block and watch out

16. Brebeuf - Like a lot of teams looking to make that jump they lack a true big but their coach gets them to play tough regardless of the opponent.

These teams will probably be looking to bump team once we see them play.
    Loyola
    Martingrove
    Father Goetz

Remember this is my opinion and is not an official list; my insider report comes from coaching this age group for the past 6 years. Anyone that feels their team got snub by me it's early and I'm sure Hooptowngta will provide their list soon.[/quote]

^^ u speak da truth!! but word is loyolas jrz are playin up in sr and yaa loook out for martingrove connors a killa
    logical
    Freshman

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2010-11-30

Post by logical Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:13 pm

tee.dot That is on of the most accurate lists I've seen. However unless malik on MT can start dropping more, their ranking will definitely go down.
    coachetob
    Freshman

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2009-10-29

Post by coachetob Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:24 pm

tee.dot, connor is playing senior for Martingrove
    JDizzle12
    JDizzle12
    Freshman

Number of posts : 150
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by JDizzle12 Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:33 pm

Tristan is playing junior for Vaughan Secondary again watch outtt!
    baller 23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 22
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by baller 23 Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:46 pm

how about jean vanier there still good
    Ballknowledge
    Freshman

Number of posts : 81
    Registration date : 2009-12-18