HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+17
bk
wizardofweston
baller12
RealBall
yung_protege
Xavier Rimrocker
M.A.10
CoachBobTTT
peelfan1o1
Baseline
wcbasketball
Eagle1
hoopsdreaming13
West_End_Baller
Saints
eliteballer
Coach11
21 posters

OFSAA results

Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

OFSAA results - Page 2 Empty Re: OFSAA results

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:01 pm

Congrats Eastern on winning AAAA OFSAA.
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-07-18

Post by wcbasketball Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:31 pm

The OFSAA tournaments were obviously very exciting as GTA was well represented and there was a huge upset at the AA level. I want to congratulate Eastern Commerce on winning the AAA and AAAA championships in consecutive years. Great job girls.
    D'Youville got off to a surprisingly bad start but picked it up and won the consolation championship defeating another GTA team (Pope) in the final.
    Ascension won the bronze medal defeating Glendale in the process. Great job girls.
    York Memorial lost the consolation final in overtime to Orillia and defeated Thomson in the process, so this was a vey successful tournament for them.
    West Toronto was defeated in the consolation semi-finals at the A level and have nothing to be ashamed of.

The HUGE upset was provided by Bishop McDonell won defeated the huge favorite General Amhearst in the AA final. Nobody, including myself felt that Bishop McDonell would win the championship. I felt they could make the final at best as I felt that nobody would beat General Amhearst. This is why the games are played.

I think this week will put an end to the talk that the girls GTA high school basketball cannot compete with the rest of the province. Govenor Simcoe won the AAA championship in convincing fashion but Eastern knocked them off last year. We now boast a two time provincial champion and I will certainly brag about this for the next year. cheers
    hoopsdreaming13
    Freshman

Number of posts : 33
    Registration date : 2008-10-19

Post by hoopsdreaming13 Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:23 pm

Very good showing by Eastern indeed. Took the right gamble by going Quad A and then walked the walk. I was also impressed by how mature and composed the girls and coaching staff when I saw them play. These girls and there coaches deserve this medal. The biggest improvement I have seen in this team over the past two years is there fitness level and much improved team defense. They could ALWAYS score and add the other 2 elements and voila OFSAA championship . . . make that 2!!!!
    Congrats. I am curious as to who they lose to graduation- the point guard is just unbelievable and that team will be completely different without her. I think she is the best point guard in the province and she will do very well at the next level. And what about Dunn and Barrett? SO now we look ahead to next year . . . who will compete from the GTA. Hamilton, I must confess may not be as strong next year but will rebound quite nicely in 2 years!
    Any takers - who will be good next year??
    CoachBobTTT
    CoachBobTTT
    Freshman

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2008-09-14

Post by CoachBobTTT Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:33 pm

Coach Kareem and Coach John,

Congrats! on a great season and a fine finish. We know what you and your team had to endure all season long and you held strong and kept your composure. You had an agenda and stayed your course... no one can take this moment away from you or your girls. Way to represent the GTA and girls basketball in general. Hopefully some of your fellow coaches and contributors to this forum will "man-up" and give credit where credit is due. If they don't, not a problem... cause it was never about proving anything to them anyways. See you when you get back to the T-Dot! Let my players know there's practice on Wednesday night at St. Josaphat (55 Pelham) at 7:30pm.

Coach Bob
    Triple Threat Basketball
    yung_protege
    yung_protege
    Freshman

Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2008-10-15

Post by yung_protege Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:58 am

get job for ascension, as no one thought they would get as far as they did. I was told by oakwood that christine hyde and michelle asare were both injured hope those ladies are well, especially christine if she did go to the hospital. a great medal for the team and peel.

EASTERN DOES IT AGAIN!!!many thought they would try and dominate AAA but they did not, bringing another medal for the second year to the GTA. Coach Kareem and the rest of the girls should be proud of there acomplishments.

DY- although winning the constalation they came out to play later as things were obviously goinf down hill

one of the best looks from the GTA at OFSAA girls basketball
    congrats to all teams and coaches
    RealBall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 234
    Registration date : 2008-07-12

Post by RealBall Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:05 am

Big Up to Eastern...Congrats to the players, parents, Coach Kareem and staff. To be back to back Champs is huge, and something the whole GTA should be proud of. Also congrats to Ascension, Dyouville, York Memo, Pope, Etobicoke, Thomson, Oakwood, West Toronto and all teams that repped our city well.

I think we can all build on this season of GTA girls basketball which is the most successful and talented I can remember. How do we build?...

Coaches , players and schools...stop tearing each other down. Stop bashing other coaches, teams, programs and GTA regions. Healthy competetion is great but dnt tear anybody down off the court. Stop thinking of personal agendas. Help out and communicate with your fellow coaches. The old coaches need to start mentoring the young ones, so that the torch can be passed to someone whenthe time is right. Remeber coaches, its not about you...its about the Kids and the Game. Lets all have the same goal...to build GTA into the girls bball capital of Canada.

I dont mean to preach but this is a big moment for the city. And I guarantee the rest of the province has taken notice and is prepared to fight back.
    Now lets see what we can do in OBAs.
    Coach11
    Freshman

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2008-10-03

Post by Coach11 Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:53 am

Well said. I couldn't agree more.
    baller12
    Freshman

Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2008-09-30

Post by baller12 Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:22 pm

Eastern won it all:)
    CoachBobTTT
    CoachBobTTT
    Freshman

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2008-09-14

Post by CoachBobTTT Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:49 pm

"RealBall" you are 100% on the money. Nuff said!
    wizardofweston
    Freshman

Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2008-11-25

OFSAA results - Page 2 Empty OFSAA AAAA 2009

Post by wizardofweston Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:50 am

[b]In reply to the question of who would be good next year. Based upon known returning players and players coming up from their school junior teams:

Sarnia Northern will be very good.
    Waterloo will be very good, and may be hosting the tournament.

For the rest of the province, and especially in the GTA, it is usually a guessing game until we see the number of 5th year players and transfer players showing up. Having a couple of them, or more, in the starting lineup can boost a team considerably.

As an example, the most intense game in Sarnia was the QUARTER FINAL game between London Pope John Paul II and St. Thomas More. There were 8 players on the court who were in their 5th year of high school basketball, and they contributed greatly to the composure that was necessary in this overtime game. The intensity on the court was fueled by the fans of both teams creating an atmosphere that seemed more like an OBA final, or an American state championship final.

A prediction for the future beyond 2009. With declining enrollment, we will see a contraction back to three levels of OFSAA girls basketball, with the two cutoffs being around 500 and 1000 students in a school. That will further strengthen the future top AAA level. Just imagine Governor Simcoe, Brantford St. John's and Ottawa Louis Riel, plus AA Guelph Bishop Macdonell and General Amherst playing up and being in Sarnia this year.
    bk
    Freshman

Number of posts : 112
    Registration date : 2008-10-30

Post by bk Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:30 am

i had the pleasure of watching louis riel and st johns play at ofsaa in st catharines, i can assure you that they can play with anybody, they return almost their entire rosters, look next year for them to be provincial powerhouse teams
    wizardofweston
    Freshman

Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2008-11-25

OFSAA results - Page 2 Empty OFSAA AAAA 2009

Post by wizardofweston Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:35 pm

I agree with the assessment of St. John's and Louis Riel at AAA. To this list you can add Bishop Macdonell and General Amherst at AA, who also return most of their players next year. The question for all four schools is will they declare up for AAAA in 2009? All would be medal contenders, no doubt.
    hoopsdreaming13
    Freshman

Number of posts : 33
    Registration date : 2008-10-19

Post by hoopsdreaming13 Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:52 pm

st. john's must go quad a next year due to enrollment. they will not have a choice. my guess is that amherst will stay double . . . looking for revenge.
    caddykid5
    caddykid5
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 505
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

Post by caddykid5 Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:04 pm

what am i missing.....pickering or Mt didnt make it>?
    24_prodigy_24
    Freshman

Number of posts : 117
    Registration date : 2008-10-22

Post by 24_prodigy_24 Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:51 pm

this is girl's not boy's............... with all due respect Pickering and MT's girl's team are not strong enough to play in OFSAA well maybe Pickering
    LXG23Clutch
    Freshman

Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by LXG23Clutch Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:32 am

how did etobicoke played saw that game was low scoring
    youngerballer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2008-11-08

Post by youngerballer Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:30 pm

Thomson miight do good next year aswell as the fact they only lose renelle richmond
    bk
    Freshman

Number of posts : 112
    Registration date : 2008-10-30

Post by bk Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:12 am

i was very disappointed with thomson at ofsaa, they will need to step it up big time if they want to medal at ofsaa next year!
    RealBall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 234
    Registration date : 2008-07-12

Post by RealBall Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:40 am

Renelle Richmond will be a huge loss and very hard to replace for Thomson.
    She was clearly their best player and the heart of the team.

But they do have a legit young point guard in Jasmine Harris.
    youngerballer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2008-11-08

Post by youngerballer Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:55 pm

You guys have a very true point
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-07-18

Post by wcbasketball Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:14 pm

I have played against Thomson for four years now and I respectfully will say I am happy to not have to deal with Renelle Richmond. Her loss will be huge for Thomson.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:23 pm