HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+5
Alwaysthetruth
Mu2
cantstopwontstop
WH87
Coach Clement
9 posters

Junior Coaches Poll - Week of Jan. 16

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Junior Coaches Poll - Week of Jan. 16 Empty Junior Coaches Poll - Week of Jan. 16

Post by Coach Clement Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:27 pm

1. Fr. Henry Carr
    2. Ste. Marguerite d’Youville
    3. Fr. Goetz
    4. Holy Trinity
    5. Eastern Commerce
    6. Vaughan
    7. Mother Teresa
    8. Downsview
    9. Pope John Paul II
    10. St. Michaels’ College
    11. St. Edmund Campion
    12. Pickering
    13. Oakwood
    14. Dunbarton
    15. Jean Vanier (RH)
    16. J Clarke Richardson

N.B. This is a consensus of fourteen coaches who participated in this poll.

Rick please post a link to Main Board here: (Further Details)

Last edited by Coach Clement on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    WH87
    Freshman

Number of posts : 150
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Junior Coaches Poll - Week of Jan. 16 Empty Re: Junior Coaches Poll - Week of Jan. 16

Post by WH87 Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:35 pm

How does MT stay ahead of Pope & Downsview after losing to both last week?
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Junior Coaches Poll - Week of Jan. 16 Empty Re: Junior Coaches Poll - Week of Jan. 16

Post by Coach Clement Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:51 pm

Personally I placed them both ahead of MT the consensus of the other thirteen didn't. Some people seem to look at it long-term not just the results of individual games. That's why Vaughan and SMC stayed up there in the poll.

The two losses were by two and one point. It doesn't seem that outrageous to me - the teams are very close!

Pope had a great week all the same winning at Richardson and good wins in the TDCAA. That's why I placed them above MT.

Downsview lost to Northview in their league but were playing great at Rimrocker. That's why I placed them ahead of MT.

The point totals were very close among the three teams.

MT sat their leading scorer Malik Skeete against Downsview. No excuse just a fact!
    cantstopwontstop
    Freshman

Number of posts : 26
    Registration date : 2011-09-22

Post by cantstopwontstop Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:53 pm

These polls are too much based on rim rocker some of these teams never got to plead their case due to them not being in the tournament
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:54 pm

They are based on the votes of the coaches who vote not the results of individual tournaments!

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:50 am

thx for setting it up bob
    Mu2
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by Mu2 Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:19 am

I think some coaches forgot how good St. Mikes is! top 5 IMO

also, campion lost last night by ~20 against ascension

any other relevant scores?
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:08 am

Mother Teresa 58 (Jalen King 26) Senator O'Connor (O'Shea Gairey and Justis Hamil 10)

Senator O'Connor is a good team they have won/competed well in a number of tournaments.

They were 9-1 in league games prior to last night. They have received votes in the polls.

They led at the half but MT got an awesome fourth quarter out of Jalen King - 17 pts. in the fourth quarter alone! He also did a great job defending one of O'Connor's prime scorers.
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:12 am

I have asked Rick to post a link with details on Main Board!
    Alwaysthetruth
    Freshman

Number of posts : 121
    Registration date : 2009-11-02

Post by Alwaysthetruth Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:05 am

Mu2 wrote:I think some coaches forgot how good St. Mikes is! top 5 IMO

any other relevant scores?

Campion has four starters injured for the Ascension game and had one starter sick/missing and the other injured at the Rimrocker.

That impacts a great deal on a team. But the others should have step up against Ascension thus no excuse they got it handed to them.

Last edited by Alwaysthetruth on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:11 am

where's rick been anyways? he hasn't been updating the site in a while now...
    Prime Time
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 343
    Registration date : 2008-09-09

Post by Prime Time Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:17 am

St. Mikes is definitely a top five team....they should of NOT of fell so far because they didn't compete in the Rimrocker.

Also, Eastern lost to #1 and #2....how did they drop in the rankings?
    outside_stinga
    Freshman

Number of posts : 129
    Registration date : 2010-10-16

Post by outside_stinga Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:47 pm

Lots of teams drop from not playing, in the Past and this year. So st.mikes has to go through the same treatment. It's not what have you done, but
    More like what have you done for me lately?
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:34 pm

jackpurcell wrote:where's rick been anyways? he hasn't been updating the site in a while now...

He told me he will post a link tonight. He's out there - I heard from him today!
    radio
    Freshman

Number of posts : 50
    Registration date : 2009-04-11

Post by radio Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:18 pm

[quote="Mu2"]I think some coaches forgot how good St. Mikes is! top 5 IMO

any other relevant scores?[/quote]
    Campion deserved the #11 spot.
    Coaches vote had to be in monday 16th at 6.00pm any scores posted after this does not affect.
    Campion just came off a 5 game tournament
    Campion beat the previous rank #2 team Vaughan.

Mu2
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by Mu2 Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:43 pm

I never said they didn't deserve the 11 spot. They must be a good team to knock off vaughan and compete with Holy Trinity as well. I was just stating relevant scores.

It's very tough to come out of a big tournament and play on the Monday
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:38 am

It is very common for teams to struggle early in the week especially on the Monday after a big tournament. Its an emotional roller coaster for the players.

Also teams may be banged up physically during intense high-level tournaments.

I was very concerned with our Monday match-up with a very good Senator O'Connor team and indeed we started VERY slowly and only pulled it out with a clutch performance by PG Jalen King in the fourth quarter.
    dak1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 96
    Registration date : 2008-11-27

Post by dak1 Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:25 pm

[quote="Coach Clement"]Mother Teresa 58 (Jalen King 26) Senator O'Connor (O'Shea Gairey and Justis Hamil 10)

Senator O'Connor is a good team they have won/competed well in a number of tournaments.

They were 9-1 in league games prior to last night. They have received votes in the polls.

They led at the half but MT got an awesome fourth quarter out of Jalen King - 17 pts. in the fourth quarter alone! He also did a great job defending one of O'Connor's prime scorers.[/quote]

How many points did O'Connor score? Who is coaching the O'Connor Juniors?
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:45 pm

How many points did O'Connor score? Who is coaching the O'Connor Juniors?[/quote]

Mother Teresa 58 - Senator O'Connor 48

Rob Dizio is the coach of O'Connor Jrs. He is a long-time coach and does a real good job with his teams!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:44 am