HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

3 posters

Seeding teams at ofsaa that used ineligible players?

coachc
    Freshman

Number of posts : 130
    Registration date : 2008-08-29

Seeding teams at ofsaa that used ineligible players? Empty Seeding teams at ofsaa that used ineligible players?

Post by coachc Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:49 pm

There will likely be some pretty interesting decisions made over the next few weeks about how to rank teams for the ofsaa championships that have chosen to use inelible players in tournaments. It is quite likely that the results from the tournaments where ineligible players were used will not count which could throw rankings out of wack. One example that comes to mind is the fact that Eastern Commerce has used ineligible players in tournaments but not league play. In league play, it is my understanding that EC had some teams forfeit out of protest against their use of ineligible players. Thus EC's league record will be somewhat difficult to accurately figure out. If this is the case, EC could qualify for ofsaa with only a small sample size of games for the seeding committee of ofsaa to analyse when ranking.

I am not suggesting that EC is the only team to use ineligble players during league games, nor am I suggesting that they have even done anything wrong (not my place to decide this), but I am suggesting that the seeding committees at each ofsaa may have an even more difficult job than year's past when trying to rank teams from across the province!!
    GTA_Fan
    Freshman

Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2011-11-21

Seeding teams at ofsaa that used ineligible players? Empty Re: Seeding teams at ofsaa that used ineligible players?

Post by GTA_Fan Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:12 pm

Does that mean, that it's possible that ofsaa will likely to get canceled this season (probably AAAA ofsaa)?
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Seeding teams at ofsaa that used ineligible players? Empty Re: Seeding teams at ofsaa that used ineligible players?

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:08 pm

No. What would lead to that impression?
    coachc
    Freshman

Number of posts : 130
    Registration date : 2008-08-29

Post by coachc Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:50 am

of course it will not be cancelled this season. There is nothing different this year vs previous years in from an ofsaa view point. There are 18 spots at AAAA, with associations all using an approved format for determining who gets those spots. Thus, all 18 teams will be at ofsaa legitimately. My only question was how much emphasis, if any, will a seeding committee give to tournaments where ineligible players were used?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:27 pm