HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+5
lovethegame
george
Mu2
stevelogan92
Eagle1
9 posters

OFSAA AAAA Seeding

Eagle1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 119
    Registration date : 2008-09-27

OFSAA  AAAA Seeding Empty OFSAA AAAA Seeding

Post by Eagle1 Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:30 am

1) Vaughan S.S.
    2) J.C. Richardson
    3) Oakwood
    4) Sacred Heart
    5) Henry Carr
    6) H.B. Beal
    7) Loyola
    Cool Eastern Commerce
    9) St. Michael's College
    10) St. Marguerite D'Youville
    11) Fletcher's Meadow
    12) Holy Names
    13) Holy Trinity
    14) Cameron Heights
    15) St. Thomas Aquinas
    16) Ancaster
    17) J.F. Ross
    18) Collingwood
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

OFSAA  AAAA Seeding Empty Re: OFSAA AAAA Seeding

Post by stevelogan92 Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:38 am

OMG is this official? Loyola at 7?/????
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:43 am

I just checked it is the official seeding. Personally I dont agree with the Richardson #2 ranking they got in on a losing note. Loyola got the 7. However the 2 ranking has a harder game in Fletchers then Loyola who will play HT for the 3rd time in 2 weeks.
    Mu2
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by Mu2 Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:05 pm

some of the seeds are a joke!

Loyola 7? they beat Carr in january and they just beat Sacred Heart at the all catholics

Carr at 5? didn't they lose last month to Bluevale? and a team from stoney creek?

should have went
    4. Loyola
    5. Sacred Heart
    6. Beal
    7. Carr
    george
    Freshman

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2008-12-24

Post by george Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:09 pm

OFSAA convenors have their head up their arse, Loyola has a 5-2 record against the teams ranked above them??????? Obviously someone has not done their home work. A quick look at the schedule has Loyola playing Holy Trinity in their first game, why go to London and play when they are both from Oakville and a five minute drive. Do convenors realize these two schools have played each other 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Ridiculous!!!!!!
    lovethegame
    Freshman

Number of posts : 109
    Registration date : 2010-05-10

Post by lovethegame Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:16 pm

OFSAA is setting new records for stupidity. No special love for Loyola from this corner but they are NOT the 7th best team in this list. Try 3rd or 4th at worst, they deserve a far better ranking.

Re HT meeting Loyola in round 1: They've played each other twice in the last 4 school days!! Not to mention the fact that there are plenty of schools in the draw that both Loyola and Holy Trinity have not played yet this year. Perish the thought that we might get some looks at unique team and player matchups we haven't seen all year!

Denzelfranz5
    Freshman

Number of posts : 39
    Registration date : 2010-12-10

Post by Denzelfranz5 Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:26 pm

J Clarke should not be ranked second going into ofsaa after losing at LOSSA thats two years in a row
    coachc
    Freshman

Number of posts : 130
    Registration date : 2008-08-29

Post by coachc Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:58 pm

Apparently they are reseeding the teams. I just went to the website and they have taken down the schedule and seeds and have said "The AAAA schedule will be posted early Wednesday evening. In an effort to seed teams as accurately and fairly as possible, the draw will include changes from the version posted here earlier today as the committee received some updated / corrected records this afternoon.

We apologize for the inconvenience."

I wonder how much things will change!
    DrewEbanks
    Freshman

Number of posts : 281
    Registration date : 2011-01-03

Post by DrewEbanks Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:13 pm

Yes...I agree to the postings above...the seeds are out to lunch! When I saw the low ranking for Loyola, one of the better team's in the province I was disappointed! Also the fact that they would be playing Holy Trinity again made not much sense!
    Glad they are going to revise it and try to get a better representation of the true rankings going forward! It's like these convenors don't read Hooptown and/or Crown at all!
    Hooptown has been a great forum as always this season!
    Get it right OFSAA!

Drew
    Live Hard Ball Hard(LHBH)
    lovethegame
    Freshman

Post by lovethegame Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:19 pm

Well hoping they leave Holy Trinity alone or somewhere close to the current ranking of 13/14, that's entirely appropriate given their record against some of the higher teams. It's Loyola that's really way out of balance in terms of rankings, they should be no lower than 4th. More like 3rd.

Because if they move Loyola up to say 3rd and Holy Trinity down any more, we're right back at square one (I think one of the games in round 1 was seed 3 vs seed 16 or something?) Hopefully they'll see that coming and figure out a way around it. Cool
    DrewEbanks
    Freshman

Number of posts : 281
    Registration date : 2011-01-03

Post by DrewEbanks Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:25 pm

Checking the OFSAA site to see if they've finally finished their re-working of the seedings...but to my surprise it's still not updated yet! Wow!

Check www.crownmagonline.com for updated report when they get it up.

Drew
    Live Hard Ball Hard(LHBH)
    george
    Freshman

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2008-12-24

Post by george Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:32 pm

It has been updated.

coachc
    Freshman

Number of posts : 130
    Registration date : 2008-08-29

Post by coachc Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:35 pm

The new draw is posted and there are significant changes. Most notably is that Loyola is now the three seed (appropriate imo) and Sacred Heart is dropped to 7. To me this is a shame that they get bounced from 4 to 7 when they beat Carr who remains at fifth. The only teams they lost to at this tournament are Vaughn (#1) and Loyola (#3). They beat Pickering who recently beat the number 2 seed in their play in game. Not right if you ask me. I am surprised that the committee seeded it so poorly the first time and had the nerve to re-seed but end up getting it wrong still.
    Dunbarton Coach Deighan
    Freshman

Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2009-12-14

Post by Dunbarton Coach Deighan Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:51 pm

You could make an interesting argument that the OFSAA seedings should be decided by a hooptown poll! Very Happy The typical hooptown addict knows more about the season than the typical out of town committee (or at least I think we do??)

Either way, there should be some great games next week.
    lovethegame
    Freshman

Post by lovethegame Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:52 pm

Yeah tend to agree. Mine would be

4. Oakwood
    5. Sacred Heart

and then I have a hard time selecting which config of Eastern, HB Beal and Carr should be 6, 7 and 8. But some variation of those 3 teams.

And then we get into "but they beat so and so who beat so and so and only lost by n to so and so" territory and teams from about number 7 thru 13 have all had moderate success but struggled with consistency..so even within that range there is alot of potential for arguments for and against the way it is right now..

Well I guess someone would have inevitably been unhappy no matter how they did it. It's better, but Sacred Heart is still a bit low.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:36 am