HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+44
j.m31
Agent 0
baller-3
riptown
baller777
jose2
anotherlevel
Judgedemental
tart11
THESCOUT
lockdownD
2k9basketball
jose_manuel08
TakinBallToNextLevel
Up&Comer
FAST23
CoachW
lockdown
stevelogan92
4realballer
gator01
Peel Fan
Prime Time
Iball15
dr.j
rvd1018
Coach Clement
CoachImgrund
REPLAY
Xavier Rimrocker
CoachPaul
HAWK-BOY
ball_2_live
diavoli
Eagle1
Hooptown_baller
Iso Ball
the_legend
isolation
BornToBall
kobee14
djoke
theanswer
panathas
48 posters

Peel Tier I Regular Season Scores

panathas
    panathas
    Senior

Number of posts : 975
    Registration date : 2008-08-09

Peel Tier I Regular Season Scores - Page 11 Empty Re: Peel Tier I Regular Season Scores

Post by panathas Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:26 pm

Leger has not been eliminated. They need to beat D'Youville to tie Sandalwood for the last play-off spot. If that happens, then they will play a play-in game since no team can be eliminated from the play-offs via a tiebreaker for the last play-off spot.
    panathas
    panathas
    Senior

Peel Tier I Regular Season Scores - Page 11 Empty Re: Peel Tier I Regular Season Scores

Post by panathas Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:30 pm

1) D'Youville (8-1) clinched 1st
    2) Brampton Centennial (6-3) clinched 2nd
    3) Sandalwood (6-4)
    4) Leger (5-4) need to beat D'Youville to create a tiebreaker game vs Sandalwood

1) Fletchers (8-2)
    2) Campion (7-2) will win the division if they beat Mississauga
    3) St Augustine (5-5) tiebreaker game vs Ste Famille
    4) Ste Famille (5-5)

1) Goetz (8-0) will win the division if they beat St Marcellinius, even if they lose to Xavier
    2) Xavier (6-2) play St Joes and Goetz
    3) St Joes (4-4) play Hansen and Xavier
    4) Pocock (3-5) play Hansen and St Marcellinius
    5) Hansen (2-6) need to beat St Joes and Pocock to possibly create a 3 way tie.

1) Joan of Arc (9-2) clinch first if they beat Iona
    2) Carmel (8-3) vs Loyola (winner makes play-offs)
    3) Gonzaga (7-3) if they beat Meadowvale and St Martin they finish 2nd
    4) Loyola (6-4) if they beat Carmel and St Martin they make play-offs

I hope I got it all right.
    CoachPaul
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 306
    Registration date : 2008-12-07

Post by CoachPaul Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:54 pm

[quote="Prime Time"]Coach Paul you let your team score over 100 points.....Did you take your son Nik off during this blowout.....I bet Nik played over 25 of the 32 minutes.[/quote]

We only have 8 players on the Loyola Jr. team right now. For today's game, one kid was injured (sat on the bench) and one kid was on vacation. So, we only had 6 players for the game. Fortunately for me all 5 of our starters were there. We were only up by 12 points at the half and the game was very tough. We really opened it up in the 3rd when we got a couple of 3 pointers and a couple of "and-one" three pointers. I took Nik off 3 minutes into the 4th and didn't play him again. Loyola did a great job on D and just kept stealing the ball and making layups. Meadowvale got the wind knocked out of their sails and just had nothing left in the 4th.

I think that right now we have a very good chance of making the playoffs and some teams better watch their back!
    2k9basketball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Post by 2k9basketball Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:01 pm

Who Played Nice In The Sandalwood Leger Game?
    kobee14
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 382
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by kobee14 Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:49 pm

now you guys know why i put nik #1 on my list

and trust me -- its possible in peel northeast division right now for a 3 way tie breaker between three teams - leger-sandalwood-bcss
    panathas
    panathas
    Senior

Post by panathas Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:04 pm

We cannot be tied with Leger and Sandalwood. Even if we all finish at 6-4 the tiebreaker for 3 teams is head-to-head first between the tied teams.

The records between BCSS, Leger and Sandalwood are:

BCSS 3-1
    Sandalwood 2-2
    Leger 1-3

We would get 2nd place and Sandalwood would have to play Leger in a tiebreaker game.
    baller-3
    Freshman

Number of posts : 46
    Registration date : 2009-01-21

Post by baller-3 Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:44 pm

[quote="panathas"]Leger has not been eliminated. They need to beat D'Youville to tie Sandalwood for the last play-off spot. If that happens, then they will play a play-in game since no team can be eliminated from the play-offs via a tiebreaker for the last play-off spot.[/quote]

So let's say, that St. Joes lose to Xavier and beat Rick Hansen which would result in a 5-5 record, and Pocock wins against Marcellinus and Rick Hansen to also be 5-5. In St Joes and Pocock's first meeting, St. Joes by 10. But in their recent meeting Pocock won by a margin of 15 pts. Would Pocock and St. Joes have to square off for a 3rd and final time?
    panathas
    panathas
    Senior

Post by panathas Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:52 pm

If two teams are tied in the standings for the LAST play-off spot, then they have to play a tiebreaker game regardless of what the results were in the regular season.

So if Pocock and St Joes are both 5-5, then they will have to play eachother.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:05 am

So points for and points against dont count?

So the Loyola /Carmel situation. If Loyola doesnt CHOKE and wins on monday then both Carmel and Loyola would play again?

Somebody please explain, Im confused?
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:43 am

Ties between two or more teams when all of them have already qualified for the playoffs are determined by head to head results, followed by points allowed and then point differential (up to 15 points per game).

When there is a tie for the last spot, there will be a sudden death game between them with the home court determined by the tie breaking criteria listed above.
    CoachPaul
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 306
    Registration date : 2008-12-07

Post by CoachPaul Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:50 am

Just so that I fully understand. Loyola must win both of their next 2 games to tie Carmel for 3rd spot. Assuming we do win both, does it matter by how much we win each game by? Can we beat Carmel by 2 points and still be OK or do we have to blow them out by as much as we can?
    panathas
    panathas
    Senior

Post by panathas Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:59 pm

Xavier 52 Goetz 41
    St Joseph 70 Hansen 55

Hansen has been eliminated from the play-offs.
    Goetz needs to win their last game to win the division.
    rvd1018
    Junior

Number of posts : 611
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Post by rvd1018 Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:06 pm

well now there will be no team chasing a perfect record...peel is reallie well matched a lot of centenders
    rvd1018
    Junior

Post by rvd1018 Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:12 pm

Philip Pocock 57 @ St. Marcellinus 56
    j.m31
    Freshman

Number of posts : 57
    Registration date : 2008-12-25

Post by j.m31 Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:14 pm

Pocock 57
    Marciluness 56
    Im preetyt shure that was the score.
    That WAs a verrry interesting game
    niko and father and coach piking up a total of 4 technicals in the last 4 minz of the game which was a turn around
    All of pocock players on the court at the time had to go to work and won with the game winning backet by there big man with a assit from one of there guards.
    number 25 had about 13 pts, there 2 big manz had 17. asian guard contributed on defence and scored at important times and hustled
    bella.hops
    Freshman

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post by bella.hops Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:36 pm

yea the score was 56-57.. very exciting second half with pocock catching up and winning at the last 21 seconds from an assist from #3 and a great finish by #11 and #11 gettin 3/4 foul shots rewarded to pocock from the 4 technicals picked up by marcellinus in the last 3 minutes
    C.Ballers
    Freshman

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by C.Ballers Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:31 pm

Sandalwood is In the Playoffs ! there was a big misunderstanding with the scores!
    the coach from leger forgot to call in a score for one of legers losses! Go on ropssaascores.com and you will see!
    C.Ballers
    Freshman

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by C.Ballers Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:31 pm

http://www.ropssaascores.com/index.php?standings&sport=BASKETBALL&level=JUNIOR&tier=Tier1&gender=BOYS

Look At this Link
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:38 pm

[quote="C.Ballers"]Sandalwood is In the Playoffs ! there was a big misunderstanding with the scores!
    the coach from leger forgot to call in a score for one of legers losses! Go on ropssaascores.com and you will see![/quote]

I think the winning team always calls in the score or enters it through ROPSSAA Scores.

So if Leger lost then it wouldn't be his fault.
    rvd1018
    Junior

Post by rvd1018 Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:57 pm

some scores do not show up on the site but ropssaa knows the scores.. it will get updated probably at the end os the season
    insideshooter2
    Freshman

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2009-02-22

Peel Tier I Regular Season Scores - Page 11 Empty standings

Post by insideshooter2 Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:04 am

some people just dont get it. most can read standings. winning scores were not entered for 2 of legers games by the leger coach. that is fact and cannot be changed. leger had a good season but the D'Y game on monday has been pointless ever since sandalwood got to 5 wins (3 weeks ago). most who can read or talk with ropssa knew this. go to the standings and try to figure out how leger can get to 6 wins with only one left.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:26 am

Your right I dont get it. Leger according to ROPSSAA scores is 7 -3. They only have six teams in the division so that means only 10 regular season games.

Are you saying that they should be 9- 1?

or

Are the standings correct?

I really dont follow the North division in Peel Junior so I really have no clue what anybodies record is suposed to be.
    insideshooter2
    Freshman

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2009-02-22

Peel Tier I Regular Season Scores - Page 11 Empty standings

Post by insideshooter2 Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:30 am

once again, i don't get how people can't read standings. how does anyone read leger as 7-3? they are 3-4 with a chance of finishing 4-4. still wellshort of sandalwood for 3rd.

http://www.ropssaascores.com/index.php?standings&sport=BASKETBALL&level=JUNIOR&tier=Tier1&gender=BOYS
    tart11
    Senior

Number of posts : 937
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by tart11 Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:55 am

[quote="insideshooter2"]some people just dont get it. most can read standings. winning scores were not entered for 2 of legers games by the leger coach. that is fact and cannot be changed. leger had a good season but the D'Y game on monday has been pointless ever since sandalwood got to 5 wins (3 weeks ago). most who can read or talk with ropssa knew this. go to the standings and try to figure out how leger can get to 6 wins with only one left.[/quote]

Leger's 5 and 4. The standings are not updated. They play Sandalwood on Monday. If they win, they will have to play Sandalwood for a playoff spot. Insideshooter2, follow your own advice and know your facts before you come on here trying to insult people. Look at the scores on the ropssaa website...a bunch of them are missing. Leger plays each team TWICE.
    Prime Time
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 343
    Registration date : 2008-09-09

Peel Tier I Regular Season Scores - Page 11 Empty Sandalwood

Post by Prime Time Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:50 am

[quote="tart11"][quote="insideshooter2"]some people just dont get it. most can read standings. winning scores were not entered for 2 of legers games by the leger coach. that is fact and cannot be changed. leger had a good season but the D'Y game on monday has been pointless ever since sandalwood got to 5 wins (3 weeks ago). most who can read or talk with ropssa knew this. go to the standings and try to figure out how leger can get to 6 wins with only one left.[/quote]

Leger's 5 and 4. The standings are not updated. They play Sandalwood on Monday. If they win, they will have to play Sandalwood for a playoff spot. Insideshooter2, follow your own advice and know your facts before you come on here trying to insult people. Look at the scores on the ropssaa website...a bunch of them are missing. Leger plays each team TWICE.[/quote]

Tart11, you should follow your own advice.....READ, READ READ, .....I thought Leger played d'YOUVILLE on Monday.

Last edited by Prime Time on Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling mistakes)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:28 pm