HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+11
stevelogan92
KingKhan!
coachblue
Peel Fan
whatupdawg
Xavier Rimrocker
pau gasol123
i love ball
jt
goharder42
panathas
15 posters

2010 PEEL ALL STARS ROSTERS RELEASED

panathas
    panathas
    Senior

Number of posts : 975
    Registration date : 2008-08-09

2010 PEEL ALL STARS ROSTERS RELEASED - Page 2 Empty Re: 2010 PEEL ALL STARS ROSTERS RELEASED

Post by panathas Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:10 am

Maybe we should bring back Terell Bramwell for the half time show.
    jt
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-01-09

2010 PEEL ALL STARS ROSTERS RELEASED - Page 2 Empty Re: 2010 PEEL ALL STARS ROSTERS RELEASED

Post by jt Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:15 pm

"Ascenscion will be in the south again this year. They need to get a little bit of redemption for last year's result."

Ok that changes things up a bit for sure. South definitely has a chance this year if you guys putting Malton into south. Now you have Bikram Gill and Camal Brown in south. On top of that you don't have Manny in North.

This definitely can be a close game now the way I see it. Only big man North has is Paul Williams and Michael Selkridge, because we have just elminated Manny, Bikram and Tychon from the potential North squad.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:27 pm

As Far as im concerned Malton is the North. Bikram should play for the North.

The South will be fine with or without him.
    KingKhan!
    Freshman

Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2009-07-31

Post by KingKhan! Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:33 pm

Who is on the North team and who is on the south team
    can anyone tell me?
    jt
    Sophomore

Post by jt Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:35 pm

True, everyone links Malton with Brampton and the North, considering much of Malton has moved into Brampton in last couple of years. Though I guess "technically" they are still a apart of Sauga.

Trust me, if Bikram plays anything like he did at Battle of Boards, Sauga is going to be thanking their lucky stars for having him.
    OnADime
    Freshman

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2009-12-16

Post by OnADime Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:22 pm

if chris anderson plays the way he did at battle of the boards the north has a problem on their hands!
    wasn't he the highest scorer of that game againt durham ?
    panathas
    panathas
    Senior

Post by panathas Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:07 pm

I won't be posting the rosters for the teams until Monday or Tuesday.

The following students need to contact me before the end of the long weekend and let me know if they are still interested in participating:

Jamal Pryce, Xavier
    Jamar Forde, Xavier
    Germain Bempong, Joan of Arc

email me at:

elias.pahis@peelsb.com
    panathas
    panathas
    Senior

Post by panathas Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:33 am

Rosters have been released and are on the first post on this thread.
    jt
    Sophomore

Post by jt Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:24 pm

Is it me or does that TOP 20 SOUTH team look totally weird with the schools included. Since when did Brampton schools become apart of the South? Even Ascension is in North division and barely made it into play-offs because North division was so tough and they get placed in South team.

Whoever makes these teams needs a basic lesson in Geography and what's difference between Brampton and Sauga.

The following players should not be in South Team:

Bikram Gill, Ascension
    Camall Brown, Ascension
    Joseph Ojelade, Central Peel
    Kashrell Lawrence, Cardinal Leger
    Gilbert Gyamfi, Cardinal Leger
    PEELBALL91
    Freshman

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2010-02-15

Post by PEELBALL91 Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:49 pm

Joseph Ojelade, Central Peel top 20????? all polictics didnt make it that far in playoffs i could pick about four other players that did much better in div 2 iill let it be.....lol
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Peel Fan Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:40 pm

PEELBALL91 wrote:Joseph Ojelade, Central Peel top 20????? all polictics didnt make it that far in playoffs i could pick about four other players that did much better in div 2 iill let it be.....lol

Yes, please let it be or some of the more knowledgeable posters will have to ridicule you for thinking that the best players are always on the championship teams.
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Peel Fan Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:44 pm

jt wrote:Whoever makes these teams needs a basic lesson in Geography and what's difference between Brampton and Sauga.

Or maybe the non-coaches on the board need a lesson in making reasonable compromises to ensure the best players participate. How would you feel if more deserving players were left off the rosters simply to satisfy a hard line on city borders?

Also, why shouldn't Ascension players be on the South team? Considering how married you are to the idea that the south should only be Mississauga players and the north should only be Brampton players then you have an unavoidable conflict based on your own standards.
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Number of posts : 1043
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by coachblue Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:07 pm

jt: i'm pretty sure malton (and ascension) is in mississauga. very northeast end of mississauga but still in sauga...

we can only pick from guys who try out...

we did do a little moving around to ensure the teams were a bit fair...not sure how many more 54 point losses i can put on the resume....hahaha
    panathas
    panathas
    Senior

Post by panathas Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:21 pm

The North/South boundary line is an imaginary, floating line that changes every year.

The primary objective of the coaches is to pick the top 40 players that try-out, regardless of what area they are from. The teams are decided on after the top 40 are picked. This is not a Brampton vs Mississauga game.

Peel Fan has explained it perfectly.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:43 pm

Wow ,Im shocked that Nick Madray made Top 20. Has he improved that much?
    jt
    Sophomore

Post by jt Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:52 pm

" The North/South boundary line is an imaginary, floating line that changes every year.

The primary objective of the coaches is to pick the top 40 players that try-out, regardless of what area they are from. The teams are decided on after the top 40 are picked. This is not a Brampton vs Mississauga game. "

-Seen I thought it was a B Town vs. Sauga thing, so I was confused with the teams.

" Wow ,Im shocked that Nick Madray made Top 20. Has he improved that much?"

Yeah who is that guy, I never heard of him either. Whats the report on him?
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Post by coachblue Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:40 pm

yes nick is a very good player...
    KingKhan!
    Freshman

Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2009-07-31

Post by KingKhan! Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:42 pm

[quote="panathas"]The North/South boundary line is an imaginary, floating line that changes every year.

The primary objective of the coaches is to pick the top 40 players that try-out, regardless of what area they are from. The teams are decided on after the top 40 are picked. This is not a Brampton vs Mississauga game.

Peel Fan has explained it perfectly.[/quote]

Why is Alex Amadi ,CJ Pellow, and Jim Ochiang all playin the top 40 game and not top 20 game?
    2hot2handlez
    Freshman

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post by 2hot2handlez Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:44 pm

hey can anyone tell me how to get to sheridan from sauga :S using transit
    and also how fast will seats fill up :S
    panathas
    panathas
    Senior

Post by panathas Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:07 pm

Tickets for the games are as follows:
    $5 for adults
    $2 for high school students with proper I.D.
    Free for children under the age of 12.

You can purchase tickets at the door.
    panathas
    panathas
    Senior

Post by panathas Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:21 pm

If you are participating in tomorrow's game, you need to bring shorts. We will only provide a jersey. Please pass this info to any students who are participating tomorrow.

thanks
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:38 pm

South is going to be in for a rough Top 20 game.
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Post by coachblue Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:16 pm

Top 20:

South 104, North 103 in quadruple overtime

MVP: Jahmal Jones
    Sportsmanship: Dylan Periera
    Hon Mention: Bikram Gill and Jordan Clennon

Obviously a great game...both teams invested much more than is usually seen in an all-star game...

Much credit to the guys on our team for being patient with our sub patterns...

A lot of credit to Coach Muia for implementing a strategy that changed the tempo and helped us stay in the game when we looked flat...

Sorry to all those who missed one of the great games of the year...
    panathas
    panathas
    Senior

Post by panathas Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:21 am

TOP 40 GAME RESULT
    North 110
    -Andre Brown (Sandalwood), 19
    -Noman Ahmed (Lincoln Alexander), 17
    -Alex Amadi (Brathwaite), 16
    -Jamal Kett (Robert Hall), 12
    -Ryan downey (Brampton Centennial), 11

South 84
    -Germain Bempong (St. Joan of Arc), 26
    -Andre Henry (Loyola), 15
    -Mile Pajovic (Glenforest), 12
    -Juwon Ogunnaike (St. Joan of Arc), 10

Game MVP-Andre Brown
    Sportmanship Award-Germain Bempong

TOP 20 GAME RESULT in quadruple OT
    South 104
    -Bikram Gill (Ascension), 16
    -Camall Brown (Ascension), 15
    -Jahmall Jones (Mississauga), 12
    -Joseph Ojelade (Central Peel), 12
    -Gilbert Gyamfi (Cardinal Leger), 12

North 103
    -Richard Iheadindu (Fletcher's Meadow), 16
    -Dylan Periana (d'youville), 15
    -Jordan Clennon (Campion), 14
    -Shaquille Keith (Fletcher's Meadow), 13

Game MVP-Jahmal Jones and Jordan Clennon
    Sportsmanship Award-Dylan Periana

The top 20 game was really entertaining. South was down by double digits most of the game but fought back to take it to overtime. Coaches had their own battle going on with coaching tactics.

Thanks to Terell Bramwell for putting on another great show during the half. I saw 3-4 video cameras in the crowd, I hope someone posts a link.
    Eagle1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 119
    Registration date : 2008-09-27

Post by Eagle1 Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:43 pm

First of all, thanks to Coach Pahis for organizing this wonderful event again. We, the coaches, had a great time in the Top 20 game and I also want to thank our players for being great sports with our substitutions. There were really no winners or losers in the game (although it was nice to come out on top after the 45 point loss last year!). And thanks to the other coaches for being part of this event.

Coach M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:48 pm