HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+2
bronbron23
futurebigtimecoach
6 posters

Future Bigs Preseason Top 10

futurebigtimecoach
    Freshman

Number of posts : 101
    Registration date : 2009-11-03

Future Bigs Preseason Top 10 Empty Future Bigs Preseason Top 10

Post by futurebigtimecoach Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:18 pm

I wouldn't be a futurebigtimecoach if i didn't have a preseason top 10 already picked in my mind, ive done some research but not much in this so feel free to comment add or switch around teams as this is just a one side view. There will be alot of top notch players returning on some of these teams and most of them will be familiar from last season. AAAA will be just as if not more competitive this year than last. Heres my top 10 based on returning players and such

1 J Clarke Richardson Storm Durham Region
    2 Loyola Hawks Halton Region
    3 Oakwood Barons Toronto Public
    4 Henry Carr Crusaders Toronto Catholic
    5 Pickering Trojans Durham Region
    6 Vaughan Voyageurs York Region
    7 Eastern Commerce Saints Toronto Public
    8 Mother Teresa Titans Toronto Catholic
    9 St. Mike's Blue Raiders CISAA
    10 Anderson Raiders Durham Region
    bronbron23
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 378
    Registration date : 2008-08-18

Future Bigs Preseason Top 10 Empty Re: Future Bigs Preseason Top 10

Post by bronbron23 Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:25 pm

1) Pickering
    2) Loyola Oakville
    3) Henry Carr
    4) J Clarke Richardson
    5) Vaughan
    6) St. Mikes
    7) Oakwood
    Cool Mother Teresa
    9) Eastern Commerce
    10) Anderson
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Peel Fan Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:22 pm

Oh joy, one person posts a top 10 and now everyone will take that list, move a few teams a spot or two and then re-post as their list. No additions. No deletions. Little thought. How about people actually discuss the original list instead of simply engaging in quasi-plagiarism?

I agree with the original post; this will be another season of parity in the GTA but will it be the first time in over a decade that a non-GTA team wins the largest OFSAA category? I think St. Thomas More over-achieved last season and will not go as far and no other Hamilton-Niagara team is likely to be any better. I could see one of the two London reps puling an upset or two since they are hosting OFSAA. Everyone knows about Beal but if Aquinas is AAAA, they might be a better candidate as they were by far the strongest junior team in WOSSA two years ago. Beyond that, I don't see anyone else challenging for the final four outside of the GTA.

Even though I am a big supporter of Peel basketball, I have no issue with Peel being left of the original poster's top 10 list. The downside of Peel's incredible parity is there is generally no one dominant team. With Campion and D'Youville having lost many key players, that will only serve to further balance things. If any Peel team does move into the top 10, my bet is either Ascension or Mount carmel, assuming their many transfers are eligible.
    TrueTalkz50
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 393
    Registration date : 2010-05-01

Post by TrueTalkz50 Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:13 am

Can i ask you something peelfan,it;s a litttle of topic but is it easy getting into ascension if you live in brampton considering they only have like 800 students and there not a capped school like most schools in brampton and missaugga i'm just eager to know.
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:43 pm

Call the school.
    futurebigtimecoach
    Freshman

Number of posts : 101
    Registration date : 2009-11-03

Post by futurebigtimecoach Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:17 pm

Peel Fan do you consider Loyola Oakville a GTA school? cause i dont think halton is GTA, Especially Oakville. So if Loyola wins this year then they are the first team to win the highest ofsaa outside GTA since Nelson Burlington i believe in 2000.
    MakingIt95
    Freshman

Number of posts : 27
    Registration date : 2010-08-16

Post by MakingIt95 Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:54 pm

futurebigtimecoach wrote:Peel Fan do you consider Loyola Oakville a GTA school? cause i dont think halton is GTA, Especially Oakville. So if Loyola wins this year then they are the first team to win the highest ofsaa outside GTA since Nelson Burlington i believe in 2000.

Burlington,Oakville and Milton are all in the Greater Toronto Area....
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:40 pm

Greater Toronto Area = Toronto, Peel, Halton, York, and Durham. Oakville Loyola is most definitely in the Greater Toronto area.

The only area in dispute would be Burlington, which Stats Canada considers to be part of both Greater Toronto and Greater Hamilton, depending on the stat, but which the Ontario Government includes as part of the GTA.
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:12 pm

You are free to have your opinion but the Ontario government, all of the major media, the Ontario Power Authority, and even the Oakville City Council and Halton Regional Government disagree with you.

Edit: I notice your post disagreeing strongly has been deleted. I assume you did some more research.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:34 am