HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+17
stevelogan92
Laurier Basketball
smoothflow
Mr Bean
dak1
outside_stinga
TrueTalkz50
rvd1018
lovethegame
ballhard41
rerun
NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
gunta
BT
Mu2
kobee24
HooptownGTA
21 posters

HooptownGTA's Super 16 - released Jan 17

smoothflow
    Freshman

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2010-02-01

HooptownGTA's Super 16 - released Jan 17 - Page 2 Empty Re: HooptownGTA's Super 16 - released Jan 17

Post by smoothflow Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:20 pm

lol honestly when i watched swood at the west humber tourni they handled them with ease didnt even look like it was a game. swood is just unfortunate to not go to good tournies cuz their coaches are ..
    kobee24
    Freshman

Number of posts : 221
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

HooptownGTA's Super 16 - released Jan 17 - Page 2 Empty Re: HooptownGTA's Super 16 - released Jan 17

Post by kobee24 Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:33 pm

honestly sandalwood can be a very good team just they play really stupid sometimes... like the peel game against fletchers im hearing the game was back and fourth through 2 quarters and apparently in the 3rd they just got blown out... sandalwood is legit but inconsistent... and in the west humber tourny wasnt brandon playing?? he's a big attribute to the team
    smoothflow
    Freshman

Post by smoothflow Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:45 pm

yea brandon was playing he banged every inside jumper like jarvis isnt anything special wait till next year when sandalwoods full squad plays lol oh man
    Mu2
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by Mu2 Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:17 pm

does sandalwood bring everyone back next year?
    smoothflow
    Freshman

Post by smoothflow Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:20 pm

most likely. because brandon and aaron joseph will be playing
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:30 pm

What number is Brandon and Aaron on Sandalwood.
    Mu2
    Sophomore

Post by Mu2 Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:43 pm

those 2 guys are not everyone......what i mean is all their players right now are grade 12 and under?

are there any 5th year players playing at the moment? isn't troy (i think that's his name) 5th year
    Mu2
    Sophomore

Post by Mu2 Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:44 pm

fletchers has 1 5th year player, and dy 2

both bring back quality teams
    TrueTalkz50
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 393
    Registration date : 2010-05-01

Post by TrueTalkz50 Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:10 pm

Naw fletchers have more im preety sure they have like three I think.
    kobee24
    Freshman

Post by kobee24 Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:05 pm

actually all fletchers starting line up is gr 12s apart form richard

jonathon, shaq, cudjoe, denzil, and richard is the only gr12r... and sometimes i think nathan starts however im not suure and next year im pretty sure ALL they're team is coming back except for richard iheadindu and shaq might go prep im hearing but who knows either way this year is their best chance to win ropssaa and even make some noise in offssaa
    kobee24
    Freshman

Post by kobee24 Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:16 pm

Mu2 wrote:those 2 guys are not everyone......what i mean is all their players right now are grade 12 and under?

are there any 5th year players playing at the moment? isn't troy (i think that's his name) 5th year

LMFAOO no troy isnt 5th year he's a gr12 all three of them are and all im gonna say is when your starting line up looks like this... its not only ropssaa championship they're talkin about... i had such high hopes for them this season thinking the full squad will be playing... and even without it id still say the have a slim shot at winning ropssaa they have a kew matchup vs dy coming up soon and that ll help rate them as a team.. and this is the line up i had in mind by position

1. Aaron
    2. Troy
    3/4 Brandon
    3/4 Balyjot
    5. one of them seven foot tall @$$ guys i dont know their names
    and keep in mind they would also have a deep bench

so when you say those 2 guys arent everything... maybe you just havent seen them play.
    smoothflow
    Freshman

Post by smoothflow Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:07 pm

thats what it will be next year but troy at the 1
    TrueTalkz50
    Sophomore

Post by TrueTalkz50 Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:59 pm

Is That Richard guy getting looks because hes a very skilled player and draining down threes and dunking wen i seen him play
    johnwall1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2011-01-25

Post by johnwall1 Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:05 pm

....kobee24 ur goofin it bra....fletcher's is garb dawg.....western only lost by 3 to dem dey dere pure soft.........kobee24 u dunkno whats good fletcher's and jarvis are too soft......dey'd get slapped by central tech.....hollaaaaa
    kobee24
    Freshman

Post by kobee24 Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:36 pm

im talkin bout next year g... and central tech?? funny i never heard of them til you mentionned and i know jarvis is weak... but fletchers this year isnt soft so i dont know what you're talking about... they're solid this year
    Jello
    Freshman

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2010-11-12

Post by Jello Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:41 pm

kobee24 wrote:im talkin bout next year g... and central tech?? funny i never heard of them til you mentionned and i know jarvis is weak... but fletchers this year isnt soft so i dont know what you're talking about... they're solid this year

Yeah, knocking off the #7 team in their home tournament is pretty weak. Sandalwood has done nothing all year except win a low level GTA tournament. Same with Fletcher's (with the exception of beating d'Youville) early last month. Stop boosting playboy.
    steve.nash1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post by steve.nash1 Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:38 am

Why do all of these post lead to trash talk between PEEL guys?
    kobee24
    Freshman

Post by kobee24 Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:36 am

correct me if im wrong but didnt sandalwood beat jarvis and humber??
    kobee24
    Freshman

Post by kobee24 Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:37 am

and fletchers beat sandalwood by 15+ points so fletchers aint crap either jarvis lmfaooo didnt goetz beat them too aahahaha!
    Jello
    Freshman

Post by Jello Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:58 am

kobee24 wrote:and fletchers beat sandalwood by 15+ points so fletchers aint crap either jarvis lmfaooo didnt goetz beat them too aahahaha!

For the amount of time you spend on this site it's baffling the kind of answers you put forth. Yes, Sandalwood beat Jarvis in an early pre-season tournament, but that is irrelevant. The rankings are determined by the most recent results. Eastern lost to Martingrove, does that mean Martingrove is a better team? For the time being, technically, but in the long run, no.

Your whole argument is a contradiction. You say Jarvis is weak, yet praise Sandalwood for beating them ..
    TrueTalkz50
    Sophomore

Post by TrueTalkz50 Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:46 pm

To me sandalwood has had more sucees than jarvis but i also think sandalwood is a better team than jarvis their a peel contender who had defeated good teams in thier division and plus their presence as a team is thier in peel region, Im not saying Jarvis is dirt but what have they done in the toronto south league i think they should be honourable mention and sandalwood taking thier spot.
    Jello
    Freshman

Post by Jello Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:02 pm

TrueTalkz50 wrote:To me sandalwood has had more sucees than jarvis but i also think sandalwood is a better team than jarvis their a peel contender who had defeated good teams in thier division and plus their presence as a team is thier in peel region, Im not saying Jarvis is dirt but what have they done in the toronto south league i think they should be honourable mention and sandalwood taking thier spot.

How would that make sense when they haven't beaten anyone? The Super 16 is not about "who has defeated good teams in their region" or who YOU believe has had more success - it's simply about who has beaten which Super 16 teams.

Their**
    TrueTalkz50
    Sophomore

Post by TrueTalkz50 Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:07 pm

^^^^ Took it in still but sandalwood is still better then jarvis to me i wanna see them face eachother sandalwood would stiil slap jarvis, that win against st mikes was prbably fluke to me. Jarvis is a decent team but sandalwood over jarvis Very Happy
    kobee24
    Freshman

Post by kobee24 Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:18 pm

honestlyy... Father Goetz beat Jarvis... thats all i gotta say and that speaks for itself so yeahhhh JARVIS IS WEAK... and i dont praise sandalwood's team if anything i praise what they're team would be like without stupid ropssaa transfer rules of eligibility that put restrictions on two starters and clear obvious top players in peel from playing on their team.... and even without them too ... they still manage to food jarvis, so yeah sandalwood is alright.. and jarvis sucks

and yeah so what you beat st mikes.. when you take in st. mikes they aint even that good its duane notice.. and when he plays an average game thats probably how you guys won.
    Jello
    Freshman

Post by Jello Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:49 pm

kobee24 wrote:honestlyy... Father Goetz beat Jarvis... thats all i gotta say and that speaks for itself so yeahhhh JARVIS IS WEAK... and i dont praise sandalwood's team if anything i praise what they're team would be like without stupid ropssaa transfer rules of eligibility that put restrictions on two starters and clear obvious top players in peel from playing on their team.... and even without them too ... they still manage to food jarvis, so yeah sandalwood is alright.. and jarvis sucks

and yeah so what you beat st mikes.. when you take in st. mikes they aint even that good its duane notice.. and when he plays an average game thats probably how you guys won.

#1 Father Goetz has never beaten Jarvis, ever.
    #2 "Duane was certainly disappointed in his teams first round loss to Jarvis, but I thought he played the best game I've seen him play. He seemed to be taking a second to scan his options before he made his move, and as a result didn't seem out of control at all. He finished at the rim with great body control as usual and was terrific creating for himself in the open floor. He had 29 points in the loss."
    #3 "how you guys won", I'm not a basketball team.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:49 am