HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+21
Brown Starz
Peel-Look-Out
rvd1018
perfect10
TheComeUp33
ballerondarealz
OnlyTheTruth
AllAroundPlayer
stevelogan92
thechosenballer
HooptownGTA
Peel Fan
skip2myloupt2
santa_clause
Eagle1
Coach Bob
West_End_Baller
EYE OF A TIGER
Tango
TorontoBasketball
Xavier Rimrocker
25 posters

Xavier Senior Rimrocker: Groups & Schedule

stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Xavier Senior Rimrocker: Groups & Schedule - Page 4 Empty Re: Xavier Senior Rimrocker: Groups & Schedule

Post by stevelogan92 Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:24 pm

55 on dyouville should be on the all star team.
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Xavier Senior Rimrocker: Groups & Schedule - Page 4 Empty Re: Xavier Senior Rimrocker: Groups & Schedule

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:24 pm

Relax, folks. It's been three very long days. The error has been corrected.
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:28 pm

Mr. Logan, and all the others who I'm sure will let us know who the all-star team should be: It's great that you have many strong opinions but since we let the coaches choose the members of the all-star team, we are quite happy with the choices posted.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:41 pm

I didnt notice that you had already posted the full All-Star team. That was juss a suggestion.
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:58 pm

No worries, it's not directed simply at your comment. Every year, we get a lot of posts about all-stars so I like to make sure posters know that we trust the judgement of the coaches. They are the only ones who have seen every game their team played and also like to reward over-all performance and not simply scoring.
    Brown Starz
    Freshman

Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2008-07-23

Post by Brown Starz Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:49 am

I guess Campion and Dyouille will be an very good game to watch.

Xavier Rimrocker I know you can not pick a team, but from what you have seen from the pool play and playoffs which team has the edge?
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:01 am

Hard to say; they are both very good. They won't meet in the regular season because D'Youville is in the north and Campion is in the central. They might meet in playoffs, depending on seeds and results each round.
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Peel Fan Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:21 pm

Comments from the Rimrocker:

D'Youville looked like they were going to pull it out against Carr until about the last 90 seconds of the game. Credit to Carr for taking the title again. Unlike last year, however, the two finalists were evenly matched.

The gym for the Campion-Xavier game was rocking like I've never seen it before. Fans from both teams were loud and proud. I thought Xavier had this one in the bag after the first half but Campion didn't quit. These two teams are neck and neck and I think their league game will be a war to the finish.

Notre Dame was very solid and is certain to go to AAAA OFSAA from their region.

Pope John Paul II will have a top-5 team in the GTA next year. They are young and fast!

Martingrove and Emery are both quite overrated and deserve no better than a low honourable mention in the next rankings. I still have no idea why Emery was even in the rankings in the first place.

I saw a lot of scouts and coaches at the tournament. I heard the two Daves from Carleton U and Ottawa U were there. Saw the Hooplife guy and Jim Thomas on the last day. I didn't see you, Rick. Not sure where you live but did the weather keep you away?

Xaver has gets tons of credit for the junior rimrocker but the senior one shouldn't be forgotten. It has turned into an excellent tournament on its own. Each year, it gets deeper and more exciting. I talk to a lot of people in the basketball community and they give big props to the organizers for being the most organized in the GTA. Jason, Dave, and Rob, keep up the great work. Hopefully more and more of the elite teams in the area will join this tournament in the future.
    freezadakilla
    Freshman

Number of posts : 22
    Registration date : 2008-12-10

Post by freezadakilla Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:23 pm

i thought pope wuld of won this a wha di bloodclot
    TorontoBasketball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 158
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post by TorontoBasketball Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:28 pm

Yes, Peel Fan they must very overrated:

"Rimrocker Predictions

Group A: Xavier, Emery, Pope John Paul, St. Joseph
    Group B: Carr, Goetz, Holy Cross, Downsview
    Group C: d'Youville, Notre Dame, West Humber, Carmel
    Group D: Campion, Martingrove, Ascension, J. Clarke Richardson

Cons semi: Notre Dame over Emery and Martingrove over Goetz
    Champ semi: d'Youville over Xavier and Carr over Campion

Cons final: Martingrove over Notre Dame
    Bronze: Xavier over Campion
    Gold: Carr over d'Youville"
    Rexdale Coach
    Freshman

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by Rexdale Coach Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:05 pm

Xaver has gets tons of credit for the junior rimrocker but the senior one shouldn't be forgotten. It has turned into an excellent tournament on its own. Each year, it gets deeper and more exciting. I talk to a lot of people in the basketball community and they give big props to the organizers for being the most organized in the GTA. Jason, Dave, and Rob, keep up the great work. Hopefully more and more of the elite teams in the area will join this tournament in the future.[/quote]

Have to agree with PEEL FAN.... Jason and the whole crew at RIMROCKER do an incredible job at all their tourney's! They always produce high quality, organized and classy tournaments! A credit to GTA basketball and definitely should be applauded for all their work!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:27 pm