HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+14
estebanwilliamos
Crabber
coachf
Gnganinja
HyperMan
Coach Clement
newbieballer
rerun
Prime Time
SWBall
ballerx
coachsmc
Xavier Rimrocker
HooptownGTA
18 posters

4A OFSAA

Gnganinja
    Freshman

Number of posts : 176
    Registration date : 2014-12-16

4A OFSAA - Page 2 Empty Re: 4A OFSAA

Post by Gnganinja Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:31 pm

Thank you Coach Clement everyone already having Eastern vs SMC knowing they have a game prior
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Clement Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:45 pm

Yeah but everybody had Eastern beating Holy Names as well.

That's why we play the games.
    Crabber
    Freshman

Number of posts : 106
    Registration date : 2011-11-13

4A OFSAA - Page 2 Empty Live Streaming

Post by Crabber Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:34 am

Gnganinja wrote:Quarts semi n finals

We-tv.ca

It's not showing anything on that site. I don't want to miss first game tomorrow. Please give lnk to game site. Thank you. So far I have watch all the US finals up to date and the New Brunswick AAA Final but I would really like to watch all the AAAA OFSAA games.
    Gnganinja
    Freshman

Post by Gnganinja Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:10 am

Trust me I checked as well ofsaabasketball on twitter said that ummmm there was another can't recall
    Crabber
    Freshman

Post by Crabber Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:56 am

Well I'm going to bed now and I found links to watch AAA,AA and A but none to watch AAAA unless you give me a link that I can click on to looks like I can't watch.
    Gnganinja
    Freshman

Post by Gnganinja Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:03 am

Sorry I couldn't help that's what they said I checked and they said check twitter @wetvWindsor I dunno how good but good luck..perhaps they aren't showing anything because it's not live at 2am EST
    estebanwilliamos
    Freshman

Number of posts : 80
    Registration date : 2011-01-20

Post by estebanwilliamos Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:20 am

They are only streaming the quarters, semis, and finals. There isn't a stream for any of the other games.
    Crabber
    Freshman

Post by Crabber Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:32 pm

This is crazy yesterday I went to the site to check scores all asy long. Now I cant even get top the site.
    This is what it says. I have been watching OFSAA for 3 years now and have never had trouble getting to the site.

The website declined to show this webpage
    HTTP 403
    Most likely causes:
    •This website requires you to log in.

What you can try:
    Go back to the previous page.

Coach Dougall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2010-12-03

Post by Coach Dougall Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:40 pm

This is the link for Holy Names v Carr.

Says it goes live in ab 1:20 so 4pm EST
    Crabber
    Freshman

Post by Crabber Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:57 pm

You forgot to put the link
    eliteballer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 66
    Registration date : 2008-10-22

Post by eliteballer Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:00 pm

OFSAA Basketball AAAA - Holy Names vs. Father Henry Carr 4PM

https://youtu.be/e9-vDvFZR5c
    Crabber
    Freshman

Post by Crabber Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:22 pm

Thank you
    rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

Post by rerun Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:35 pm

I am really interested in the Dyouville-Campion quarterfinal. That should be an absolute war! The quarter finals will be interesting. Pine Ridge-Oakwood, St. Mikes and Sir John A Mcdonald and Henry Car and Holy Name.
    nobs
    Freshman

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2015-02-12

Post by nobs Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:24 pm

What a joke the ofsaa website has been. First they don't update the scores, then you cant even get on the website all day. This is supposed to be the ONTARIO CHAMPIONSHIPS and it is a complete farce. Just watched the Dy/Campion game and it looks like a crowd you would see for a junior girls basketball league game. Ofsaa should only be held in Toronto or Hamilton where the majority of people can get there within 90 minutes
    Gnganinja
    Freshman

Post by Gnganinja Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:03 pm

nobs wrote:What a joke the ofsaa website has been.  First they don't update the scores, then you cant even get on the website all day.  This is supposed to be the ONTARIO CHAMPIONSHIPS and it is a complete farce.  Just watched the Dy/Campion game and it looks like a crowd you would see for a junior girls basketball league game.  Ofsaa should only be held in Toronto or Hamilton where the majority of people can get there within 90 minutes

had that same argument......apparently its a lot of work for any region to take on and some dont want to deal with it, who ever puts the bid in is always Windsor (SWOSSA) so TDCAA or ROPSSAA or even York. i wouldve been there paid $10, hell maybe $20 to watch these quarter finals

on a side note if Pine Ridge beats Oakwood, my final four was actually correct
    rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

Post by rerun Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:29 am

OFSAA Semi-Finals

#1 St. Mikes vs. #5 Pine Ridge

#2 Campion vs. #3 Henry Carr

Based on the draw a lot of people had these teams in the final four. However, I think Dyouville got a raw deal. Dyouville should have been a 4th, 5th or at the worst a 6th seed. I think they are a top four team but had it tough with a quarter final match against Campion. I still think SMC is on a mission and will win it tomorrow. Pine Ridge has a shot tomorrow against SMC but Pine Ridge needs all their offensive weapons to perform well at the same time. Chase, Novell, Jordan, Spencer and Devante need to shoot the ball at a high percentage in order to have a realistic chance. They can't play like they did against Oakwood and expect to be competitive. I think Campion will beat Carr in the other semi-final. SMC over Campion for the gold medal. Pine Ridge over Carr for the bronze. That's my prediction!

ballerx
    Freshman

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2014-02-24

Post by ballerx Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:36 pm

holding both AAAA and AAA in Windsor was a joke..... AAAA got the best facilities....AAA teams got crap....this is suppose to be an experience for teams...only advantage was to Windsor schools ....they got 2 reps each in AAAA and AAA.... no water provided at Windsor Catholic....no parking around either schools .... had to share dressing rooms at Kennedy..... not enough quality officials in the area.... and in AAA host teams got to play all their games in their own gym fair advantage ..... I agree only Toronto or Hamilton should host OFSAA ...as far as AAA this was just another tournament ...not OFSAA experience
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:07 pm

OFSAA can only give the tournament to those that bid and the reality is that, until recent years, almost no one in the GTA would bid for the largest classification tournament. When we hosted last year it was the first time in almost 20 years for ROPSSAA. In the years that 4A ran from 2002-2015 (R.I.P.), the only GTA-hosted tournaments were Toronto in 2008, Durham in 2010 and our tournament last year. I know that when we bid our opponents in the process were Welland and London and I don't think there were any GTA bids for 2015.

The next two years are in Windsor and North Bay so the next chance for the GTA to host the largest classification (3A from next year) is in 2018. We've discussed bidding again but I have Rugby this year and will be part of our 5th time hosting wrestling in the region in 2018 so probably not until 2019 or 2020 at the earliest.

OTOH if any GTA coaches are looking to bid in 2018 or later I am happy to provide any advice they might need.

Hopefully more bidders will come forward in future years.
    tipoff
    Freshman

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2011-12-04

Post by tipoff Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:19 am

What is going on .... Windsor for the next 2 making 3 in a row for the largest classifications. Did no one else bid for 2016 and 2017?
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:13 am

That is not correct; 2017 is in North Bay.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:32 am