HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+23
rdh2
foreveryoung
hoopsCanada
postup
futurebigtimecoach
Peel Fan
PKballer
sba123
stevelogan92
rerun
Inside the lines
geno23
Eagle1
coachblue
jt
CentreCourt
Tila_Tequila
tek23
TygaTy
RealTalksz
coachc
Xavier Rimrocker
WaterBadgers
27 posters

AAA OFSAA

WaterBadgers
    Freshman

Number of posts : 41
    Registration date : 2010-02-15

AAA OFSAA Empty AAA OFSAA

Post by WaterBadgers Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:14 pm

take it in, st matthews from orleans have qualified for AAA OFSAA and look to defend their championship title. solid road wins and two upsets have led them to the ottawa area finals against sir robert borden at carleton U. st matts should receive anywhere from a 5-10 seed at ofsaa. AAA teams be aware they are hot right now! does anyone know of any other teams who have qualified for AAA OFSAA yet??
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

AAA OFSAA Empty Re: AAA OFSAA

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:18 pm

Speaking of Ottawa: go Pearson! It's been a long time since the Panthers qualified for OFSAA.
    coachc
    Freshman

Number of posts : 130
    Registration date : 2008-08-29

Post by coachc Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:22 pm

St. Matts from Ottawa has not qualified for AAA ofsaa just yet. They need to beat Sir Robert Borden tomorrow in order to do that. If they lose, they go to AAAA ofsaa as the winner gets to pick which ofsaa they will attend and I believe that both have chosen AAA.
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:31 pm

Wow, Borden has really dropped numbers over the past few years. (Though not as shockingly as Gloucester which was around 2000 during my high school days.)

http://www.fatdog.ca/_docs/NCSSAA_OFSAA_Designations_Classification.pdf
    WaterBadgers
    Freshman

Post by WaterBadgers Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:28 pm

if borden won, why would they choose AAA over AAAA. thats the dumbest thing ive herd. soft if thats what they do!
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:02 pm

Why is it soft? Is every AAA team that chooses to play at it's designated level soft? I don't think so.
    RealTalksz
    Freshman

Number of posts : 102
    Registration date : 2009-09-17

Post by RealTalksz Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:01 pm

I see Loyola Oakville or Martingrove taking this one.. Unless there are some big upsets.
    TygaTy
    Freshman

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2010-02-24

Post by TygaTy Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:49 pm

I agree with RealTalksz on that one!
    tek23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2010-02-08

Post by tek23 Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:41 pm

Look out for Anderson out of whitby, upset the number 5 seed last year
    Tila_Tequila
    Freshman

Number of posts : 280
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post by Tila_Tequila Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:52 pm

Loyola Oakville Will take this
    coachc
    Freshman

Number of posts : 130
    Registration date : 2008-08-29

Post by coachc Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:38 pm

I don't doubt that Loyola will be one of the favourites to win. They seem to have had a solid season. But why not wait until you know which teams have qualified first before making such a prediction? Are you even aware of which other teams might be in the tournament? I find it funny that people would say Borden is soft for choosing to go AAA instead of AAAA, yet the predict Loyola to win AAA and don't call them soft for making the same choice!
    CentreCourt
    Freshman

Number of posts : 172
    Registration date : 2009-08-25

Post by CentreCourt Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:57 pm

I'll say it:

Loyola is a soft, jump shooting team that plays euroball!
    jt
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-01-09

Post by jt Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:00 pm

Doesn't Loyola have to still beat Asension to qualify, isn't that game on Monday? So how did they decide where the game is and who gets Homecourt Advantage? Or is the match at a neutral site?
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Number of posts : 1043
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by coachblue Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:17 pm

game alternates sites...this year at loyola...next year back in peel...
    Eagle1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 119
    Registration date : 2008-09-27

Post by Eagle1 Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:23 pm

We (Ascension) play Loyola Oakville at their school on Monday March 1 at 3:30. The winner goest to AAA OFSAA. As I said before, I accept we are the underdogs, but let's at least play the game before we declare them the #1 seed!

Coach M

I will post the score win or lose
    RealTalksz
    Freshman

Number of posts : 102
    Registration date : 2009-09-17

Post by RealTalksz Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:51 pm

I never even knew about this game... Wow hopefully Loyola doesn't have a off game when it comes to there shooting.. I see Acsension taking this if Loyola having a bad shooting day .. dont sleep on Acesension
    geno23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 34
    Registration date : 2009-11-24

Post by geno23 Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:55 pm

Anderson qualified from AAA Lossa, behind 39 points from Justin Edwards.
    WaterBadgers
    Freshman

Post by WaterBadgers Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:18 pm

no one said loyola was first. monday is a big game. lets just hope its competitive considering the hype everyone has been hearing about peel north! loyola has already beaten campion and dyouville.
    jt
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-01-09

Post by jt Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Hey WaterBadgers don't be trying to take any cheap shots at Peel North. If they still had all our top players at our schools, Loyola would be getting smacked by 50+ points. Has a player from Loyola ever left to got to a Prep School. I can tell you D'Y has probably lost close to 10 players to the States in the last couple of years.

This years D'Y would have had Tristan Thompson, Jabs Newby and Sim Bhullar as their starting line-up and add Manny Sahota to that and tell me who in all of Ontario would be able to compete with that. They also might have had Anthony Bennet if he chose to switch to Catholic school. Just search anyone of these names on Google and see what's up.

So don't talk about beating D'Y, you essentially beat D'Y second line players that are left over after Prep mans left to States.
    Inside the lines
    Freshman

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2010-02-26

Post by Inside the lines Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:21 pm

AAA Qualifier

St. Theresa's From Midland won the GBSAA Championship tonight. They defeated the defending champions from St. Joes (Barrie).

There a good squad, would need a favorable ranking to make any noise. Last year St. Joe's was ranked 16th and played the eventual Gold and Silver medalist.
    WaterBadgers
    Freshman

Post by WaterBadgers Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:41 am

jt you dont make sense. those player arnt here so you cant talk about if they were. loyola beat dyouville now. thats all that matters. loyola has quality players who may end up d1. so keep your comments to yourself and stop giving a quality team like dyouville excuses cause they dont need any
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:28 am

Inside the lines wrote:AAA Qualifier

St. Theresa's From Midland won the GBSAA Championship tonight. They defeated the defending champions from St. Joes (Barrie).

There a good squad, would need a favorable ranking to make any noise. Last year St. Joe's was ranked 16th and played the eventual Gold and Silver medalist.

Happy to hear they won. They looked very good at the Rimrocker.
    rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

Post by rerun Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:39 am

Geno23,

What was the score in the LOSSA triple a championship with Anderson? Who did they beat in the final?
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:42 pm

Jt,

Shut Up! Im a Peel supporter and everytime you rant and rave about D'Y and kids leaving for Prep you make it seem like Peel is sour. The players who left are irrelavnt as to what is going on currently in Ontario. If you are going to argue a point bring up some solid information and points. If you havnt noticed "what if's, yea, if we had's, etc..." dont hold to much ground anywhere in life.

Waterbadgers,

I think you are mistaken about the "hype" being discussed. Nobody from Peel has claimed that every team in Peel North can whip any other team in the province. The claim is simply that 6 teams in Peel North have more meaningful games within their own division. Loyola Oakville truthfully has how many teams capable of upsetting them in their division? Im guessing not alot. Durham has the overall depth comparable to Peel but there teams are spread out in their divisions. TDCAA and Toronto public have their top teams spread out in different divisions aswell. York region is nowhere close.

Ascension, the team Loyola Oakville has to play for the AAA OFSAA birth, had to have a play in game against Sandalwood just to get into the Peel playoffs. Ascension has been recognized as an HM by this website. How many of the top 25 teams in the GTA had to play a tie breaker game to make it into their league play offs? This point speaks for the competiveness and depth of that one division compared to the other division in Ontario.
    sba123
    Freshman

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2010-02-10

Post by sba123 Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:34 pm

rerun wrote:Geno23,

What was the score in the LOSSA triple a championship with Anderson? Who did they beat in the final?

It was a good game Anderson was expected to kill Father Leo Austin, but Austin did pretty good but Anderson won 85-80 in OT! Very exciting game!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content