HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+23
laszlo
scarx
we.not.me
baller77
TAJ
DaKidMusclez
yaboy7
TheNews
Coach Philippe
baller1o1
Coach Bob
Scarbro
emeryball
lowcenter
TorontoBasketball
tb11
Yonge
RealBall
thechosenballer
skip2myloupt2
OnlyTheTruth
THE ROASTA
EYE OF A TIGER
27 posters

Toronto 3A City Championships (route to OFSAA)

Poll

Who WILL 3A CITY CHAMPIONSHIPS

[ 12 ]
    Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) - Page 2 Bar_left24%Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) - Page 2 Bar_right [24%] 
    [ 12 ]
    Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) - Page 2 Bar_left24%Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) - Page 2 Bar_right [24%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) - Page 2 Bar_left12%Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) - Page 2 Bar_right [12%] 
    [ 16 ]
    Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) - Page 2 Bar_left32%Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) - Page 2 Bar_right [32%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) - Page 2 Bar_left8%Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) - Page 2 Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) - Page 2 Bar_left0%Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) - Page 2 Bar_left0%Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 50
    EYE OF A TIGER
    Freshman

Number of posts : 161
    Registration date : 2008-07-22

Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto 3A City Championships (route to OFSAA)

Post by EYE OF A TIGER Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:10 pm

"TorontoBasketball" is that the real score ??
    for the Western Tech vs. Winston Churchill game??
    Coach Bob
    Freshman

Number of posts : 47

Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto 3A City Championships (route to OFSAA)

Post by Coach Bob Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:20 pm

Western Tech is a very solid team. Solid guards, but Lead by one of the most under-rated big man in the country in Jeffery Christmas. Any team will have their hands full with him.

Good luck to both teams should be a great Semi-final
    EYE OF A TIGER
    Freshman

Post by EYE OF A TIGER Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:55 pm

(Assuming Western Tech beat Winston Churchill)

SEMI #1:

Western Tech vs. Martingrove:

Western Tech Colts 2008/2009:
    Biggest W's: Oakwood, Father Goetz, Vaughn Road
    Biggest L's: Northern, Martingrove

Defeated Vaughan Road 50-45.
    Lost to Martingrove 72-59.
    Defeated Father Goetz 57-56
    lost to Central Commerce 56-43.
    Lost to Northern 53-38 in league play.
    Defeated Oakwood 64-49 in league game.
    Lost to Eastern Commerce 64-51 in league game. (Jeffery Christmas 25)

Martingrove Bears 2008/2009:
    Biggest W's: Central Commerce, Vaughn Road
    Biggest L's: Sir Allan MacNab, Northern, Father Goetz, Loyola(score only)

Lost to Sir Allan MacNab (Hamilton) 79-71.
    Defeated St. Theresa of Lisieux 62-37
    Lost to Mother Teresa 78-65
    Lost to Loyola 93-66.
    Defeated Central Commerce 78-76
    Defeated Western Tech 72-58.
    Defeated. Ascension 70-60
    Lost to Campion 70-50
    Lost to Father Goetz 74-62.
    Lost to d'Youville 69-61.
    Lost to West Hill 72-64
    Lost to Northern 72-60
    Defeated Vaughn Road 63-55

SEMI#2:

Emery Eagles vs. Sir Wilfred Laurier Blue Devils

Emery Eagles 2008/2009:
    Biggest W's: Vaughn Road, Newtonbrook
    Biggest L's: Pope John Paul, Xavier, Jefferies

Defeated St.Theresa of Lisieux 59-54
    Defeated Westview 49-41 in league play.
    Lost to Eastern Commerce 63-47.
    Lost to Pope John Paul 56-54 in OT
    Lost to St. Francis Xavier 68-45.
    Lost to Jefferys 63-54 in league game.
    Lost to Vaughan 64-51
    Lost to Campion 59-53.
    Defeated Newtonbrook
    Defeated Vaughn Road

Laurier 2008/2009:
    Biggest W's: West Hill X2 , Milliken Mills, Markham
    Bigest L's: St.Francis Xavier, Notre Dame

Defeated Markham & Milliken Mills.
    Lost to St. Francis Xavier
    -Defeated West Hill 64-52 in league game.
    Lost to Milliken Mills 56-50 and Notre Dame (Ajax) 60-54.
    Defeated West Hill

Last edited by EYE OF A TIGER on Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
    THE ROASTA
    Freshman

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2009-01-28

Post by THE ROASTA Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:15 pm

Coach Bob i agree with you. Jeffery Christmas is a big guy (looks like shaq) and he can shoot. Definently top 20 of his class

He sure seems to get better every single game. I seen him play @Vaughn Road Tourney in the begining of the year and i seen him play Eastern.
    There whole team improved, probably because they learned how to use Jeffery better in double teams and zones.

Martingrove defeated Western Tech in the begining of the year , But that was Western Tech's 1st Tourney/ games of the year.....while it was Martingrove's 3rd Tournament and 9th game of the year

This game will be vary close , but i go with the Bears for the slight win only because the won the 1st meeting
    OnlyTheTruth
    Freshman

Number of posts : 157
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by OnlyTheTruth Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:24 pm

I think that Martingrove will win this game again only because last time they played Martingrove wasnt the same team as they are now.. they have improved GREATLY as a team and I doubt Western Tech has had a greater improvment if they have then I see Martingrove losing but other then that I see Martingrove pull away at the end of the game and win by 10...
    EYE OF A TIGER
    Freshman

Post by EYE OF A TIGER Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:26 pm

Predictions (this is what i see):

Semi-Finals:
    Western Tech OVER Martingrove by 5+
    Sir Wilfred Laurier OVER Emery(6 men) 10+

Finals:
    Sir Wilfred Laurier Over Western Tech
    OnlyTheTruth
    Freshman

Post by OnlyTheTruth Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:49 pm

If your predictions were right ... would the backdoor game be Western Tech vs Emery?? and if so whos winning and going to Ofssaa?
    EYE OF A TIGER
    Freshman

Post by EYE OF A TIGER Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:53 pm

yes the Backdoor Game would be Western Tech vs. Emery

and i would go with Western Tech OVER Emery because Jeffery Christmas would foul out 1 of the 6 Emery players
    baller1o1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2008-07-19

Post by baller1o1 Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:43 am

Yo EYE OF A TIGER you have yet to speak on Martingrove beating Vaughan Rd. in the West finals, I wonder why...Maybe because you were doubting Martingrove so much? and then they end up winning.
    EYE OF A TIGER
    Freshman

Post by EYE OF A TIGER Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:48 pm

yes Martingrove pulled away at the end for a 8 piont win. Great Win......too bad Johnathon Reynolds(Oakwood last year) wasnt allowed to play.....i would of loved to see a full power Vaughn Road vs. full power martingrove......
    but nevertheless a back-to-back West title for Martingrove. Great Job

also, i seen some highlites in the morning on CTV...blocks, dives, and1's ...looked like an emotional game
    EYE OF A TIGER
    Freshman

Post by EYE OF A TIGER Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:00 pm

[quote="EYE OF A TIGER"]Predictions (this is what i see):

Semi-Finals:

Finals:
    Sir Wilfred Laurier Over Western Tech[/quote]

this is what i see because i seen most of the Western Tech vs. Oakwood league game and i was Suprised and so was every one else in the gym. Oakwood could not stop Jeffery Christmas who had some where around 23 pionts and 17 rebounds. Oakwood's shooting was off (they took WAY too much jumper) . They shyed away from the paint where the big fella way. Oakwood had better guards then Western Tech but Western Tech's guards wanted it more, they show soo much emotion on defence and most of all the learned how to swing the ball to dump to their big man (sort of what Mother Teresa does) . It was a great game to watch most definently.

I understand Martingrove improved too but their biggest wins were Vaughn Road and Central Commerce.....when Western Tech bigest wins are #6 Oakwood and almost upseting #1 Eastern Commerce until the 4th...........THESE ARE NOT THE SAME TEAMS FROM THE BEGINING OF THE YEAR!
    (to me Western Tech improved much more then Martingrove)
    TorontoBasketball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 158
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post by TorontoBasketball Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:16 pm

Western Tech may have the edge in this one as the game is being played at Western Tech.
    EYE OF A TIGER
    Freshman

Post by EYE OF A TIGER Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:08 pm

3A - Boys Basketball - City Championships Region - Senior

Tuesday Feb.24

Semi-final #1
    Emery CI vs. Sir Wilfrid Laurier CI (Time:11:30pm)
    @West Toronto C.I

Semi-final #2
    Western Technical-Commercial School vs. Martingrove CI (Time:1:00pm)
    @West Toronto C.I

note: Finals:
    Winner of Semi-final #1 and #2 will be on Rogers "Game Day" Channel 10 Thursday, Feb.26 @U of T

Last edited by EYE OF A TIGER on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Number of posts : 284
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Coach Philippe Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:42 pm

Here is the link to the TDSB Sports page (http://www.tdsb.on.ca/students/sports/viewschedule.asp?SportName=Basketball)

As per this site, Emery vs. Laurier will be at 11:30am, Tuesday Feb 24th (West Toronto CI)

and Western Tech vs. Martingrove is at 1pm, Tuesday Feb 24th (at West Toronto CI)

Don't know if this is accurate, but the TDSB site should be pretty reliable...
    emeryball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post by emeryball Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:29 pm

Who is the best player in your opinion out of these four teams Emery western tech martingrove and laurier

Last edited by emeryball on Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : h in the who was missing)
    TorontoBasketball
    Freshman

Post by TorontoBasketball Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:45 pm

No clear cut favourite, but if it came down to it probally Anthony Otley.
    RealBall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 234
    Registration date : 2008-07-12

Post by RealBall Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:47 pm

Anthony Ottley from Emery is sick, inside/outside game.

Other key players to watch will be;
    Kadeem Francis - Emery
    Jeffrey Christmas - Western Tech
    Martingrove - Matthew Wright
    Daniel Mullings - Laurier
    TheNews
    Freshman

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

Post by TheNews Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:47 pm

Anthony Ottley? Best player out of the four teams I do not agree with that at all. In my opinon I would have to say Daniel Mullings from Lauier or Matthew Wright from Martingrove, but if it came down to big men I would say Anthony Ottley or Jeffery Christmas.
    emeryball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post by emeryball Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Emery ci beat laurier earlier today
    OnlyTheTruth
    Freshman

Post by OnlyTheTruth Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:58 pm

Laurier loses to a 6 man Emery team by 1 in OT... Congradulations and goodluck to Emery on this amazing win over a tough Laurier squad.... Anyone have any update on the Martingrove vs Western Tech game??
    yaboy7
    Freshman

Number of posts : 48
    Registration date : 2008-10-09

Post by yaboy7 Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:06 pm

martingrove won, 69-53 over western tech

martingrove vs emery finals,
    I say martingrove is taking because of their outstanding offence
    but if Emery wins, big props to them
    TorontoBasketball
    Freshman

Post by TorontoBasketball Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:19 pm

Martingrove won by 16. This should be interesting a 6 man team vs Martingrove.
    DaKidMusclez
    Freshman

Number of posts : 34
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by DaKidMusclez Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:26 pm

Why does Emery only have 6 players?
    baller1o1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2008-07-19

Post by baller1o1 Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:28 pm

[quote="EYE OF A TIGER"]Predictions (this is what i see):

Semi-Finals:

Finals:
    Sir Wilfred Laurier Over Western Tech[/quote]

GREAT PREDICTIONS wrong on both, especially on the Western Tech and Martingrove game
    TorontoBasketball
    Freshman

Post by TorontoBasketball Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:29 pm

I believe those 6 are maybe commited, but you have to respect them for the fact they are in the finals. Congratulations to Bob and Emery.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:16 am