HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+16
jd7
THATDUDERIGHTTHERE
we.not.me
frank543
originalchild
JackieMoon
azn_hobo
knowthegame
bruins
Tila_Tequila
unknownballer
Peel Fan
rec
Respect
TAJ
panathas
20 posters

AA OFSAA RESULTS

JackieMoon
    Freshman

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2009-03-11

AA OFSAA RESULTS - Page 2 Empty Re: AA OFSAA RESULTS

Post by JackieMoon Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:18 pm

[quote="azn_hobo"]ur an idiot too. the webcast stops right after the game was done. u didnt see wat happened in the next 30 mins AFTER the game. morons keep talkin trash on da net. why dont u come to harvey nd say wat u gotta say to our faces[/quote]

The webcast didnt stop right after the game. Most of the time it ran for long after games, and you'd see random fans shooting around for hours at a time.

Don't act like Harvey did anything respectable at OFSAA. The way they act in the quarterfinals was a disgrace, and they ruined a teams chance at taking gold home, just because they couldn't handle losing a good game(which it would have been if not for the cheapshot on Parksides best player)
    azn_hobo
    Freshman

Number of posts : 37
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Post by azn_hobo Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:31 pm

LOL ur an idiot too. cheap shot? its a contact sport. u kno wat why dont u go suck that player's dads nuts too. tryna attack a harvey player after the game. LOL
    azn_hobo
    Freshman

Post by azn_hobo Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:32 pm

AND the fact that the refs were racist, sayin out loud to our players 'i dont want u to win' psh, parkside? shitt
    originalchild
    Freshman

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2009-03-10

Post by originalchild Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:37 pm

"azn_hobo", first off, what a name to start with, your name tells me, you simply have too much time on your hand which you use to spend on the computer. Why you looking for internet "beef" with your tiny ass hiding behind a computer screen blocked with a IP address, whats the good reason for all this profanity, I do hope you understand there are other children on this site. Lets respect the norms of this site, and actually engage ourselves in informative discussions. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and we ought to respect that, this includes you, but there are ways of doing so!
    azn_hobo
    Freshman

Post by azn_hobo Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:38 pm

blah blah blah, come down to da block nd give me ur words
    originalchild
    Freshman

Post by originalchild Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:38 pm

[quote="azn_hobo"]AND the fact that the refs were racist, sayin out loud to our players 'i dont want u to win' psh, parkside? shitt[/quote]

I am sure that did not happen! It is evident you guys are making excuses for your loss, suck it up! Only losers make excuses
    azn_hobo
    Freshman

Post by azn_hobo Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:43 pm

hmm actually, it DID happen, cuz i was right there. but of course u werent.
    frank543
    Freshman

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2008-11-07

Post by frank543 Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:49 pm

this is coming from a dude who was there still mang he did not watch some webcast so the must have a better idea then u of what went down
    originalchild
    Freshman

Post by originalchild Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:58 pm

"azn_hobo" and "frank543", clearly, you guys are the same people. It is easy to tell, both of you guys have a relatively similar way of speaking and interestingly posted right after one another in a matter of 5 MINUTES, in the "street" way of speaking. LOL. Anyways being involved with referees, having coached and played long enough, I know that referees wont do that, because they are "neutral", hope you understand what this means. At the end of the day, they dont care what the outcome is, they are not going to gain anything from this, all they want is the pay cheaque, a good sweat and some experience. Push your rubbish aside and please dont attempt to prove me wrong, just work on your game, and come back harder next year.

However, I do agree, some referees get caught up in the game, and the way a game is going sometimes influences their decisions. Thats all your going to get from me!
    azn_hobo
    Freshman

Post by azn_hobo Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:04 am

ur a loser too. thats all ur gettin from me. wat a douche
    rec
    Freshman

Number of posts : 189

Post by rec Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:44 am

I spoke directly with a person attending the game in Timmins. The officials ran out of the gym afraid for their lives. The George Harvey players were attacking their opponents, verbally and physically, and the officials backed off as much as they could, whether in fear or incompetence is anyone's guess.
    The George Harvey coach accosted the Parkside parent after the game and wouldn't let up. It is also seen on the webcast. The coach pulled the race card and it was all in vain. There was no race card but a simple question of sportsmanlike behaviour. Both George Harvey players and the coach behaved disgracefully and there are plenty of witnesses to that fact. They had the support of the Timmins people to boot, believing that the race issue was valid! Why would that be? It was ridiculous. More likely, is it because they did not want Parkside to advance and beat their home team Timmins High (which they did) and in fact supported the vicious attack that disabled their best player. I hate to think this is true but in fact the word is quickly spreading that Timmins was not the great host town it was made out to be. If this offends anyone, then please re-read and try to understand where it came from. A team works hard and plays to win and is faced with vicious attacks that are then allowed to continue until serious injury occurs because the officials are fearful? This really does not sit well with me and it should be unacceptable to everyone else out there.
    If you really can't or won't believe this truly happened then there is no point in discussing it further.
    There are witnesses to all this and it is real.
    azn_hobo
    Freshman

Post by azn_hobo Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:24 am

George Harvey players were attacking their opponents? who r u talking to? the parents of parkside players AND nicolson came onto the floor, while the harvey players did their chant for the last time in tears. harveys coach pushed all his players INTO the change room, while timmins coachs were holding off the parents from screaming and pushin through. psh
    JackieMoon
    Freshman

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2009-03-11

Post by JackieMoon Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:38 am

I wouldn't blame Timmins for the refs, OFSAA refs are chosen by the commitee. It isn't all locals.

To me its just a matter of a team that can't handle a lose to a better team and take out their frustration like a bunch of children. "The refs didnt want us to win".. what a joke.
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Peel Fan Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:47 am

[quote="unknownballer"]why are you guys disrespecting the coach for[/quote]

It's a fair comment if a coach is known to frequently disrespect the refs.
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Post by Peel Fan Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:48 am

[quote="azn_hobo"]Peel Fan, ur an idiot. Unless u were there IN TIMMINS IN THE GYM, u dont kno .[/quote]

Who's the idiot? You might want to read my post again and notice that I was talking about two tournaments earlier this year, not the events of OFSAA this week.
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Post by Peel Fan Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:54 am

I've heard some horror stories about the refs, fans, and parents in Timmins during past OFSAA tournaments and, if the events claimed this week are true, it looks like things haven't changed much in the past couple of decades.

My absolute favourite story was the one about a top seed many years ago that faced Timmins in the opening game. Timmins played the game like it was full contact and the refs were more than happy to oblige...but only for Timmins, of course. The highlight of the game was at the very end when the star for the top seed went up for an easy, game-wining lay up with a couple of second left and was grabbed by TWO Timmins players at once and hauled to the ground. The player landed on a third Timmins player and yet the player hauled down was the one called for the foul.
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Post by Peel Fan Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:55 am

[quote="azn_hobo"]LOL ur an idiot too. cheap shot? its a contact sport.[/quote]

Basketball is a contact sport?

Once again, the irony of you calling others idiots...
    Respect
    Respect
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 562
    Registration date : 2009-01-07

Post by Respect Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Legal contact in basketball is fine, but violent attacks, intimidating refs, & out of control coaches are completely unacceptable.
    rec
    Freshman

Post by rec Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:31 pm

[quote="azn_hobo"]George Harvey players were attacking their opponents? who r u talking to? the parents of parkside players AND nicolson came onto the floor, while the harvey players did their chant for the last time in tears. harveys coach pushed all his players INTO the change room, while timmins coachs were holding off the parents from screaming and pushin through. psh[/quote]

This is all a lie. There is no truth to this at all. Given the behaviour of you and your team, I am not surprised at the lies.

It is on the webcast and later I spoke with a person that was there. Parents stayed in the stands for quite awhile after the game and the one parent did go to his kid, then they were followed by the George Harvey coach out of the gym. The George Harvey coach is unstable and irrational. He was trying to intimidate, picking a fight and it failed. No hot heads from the winning team and considering their chances of winning gold were destroyed, they behaved properly. No parents were chasing the Harvey kids, they were going to their own players. A class act all the way. They won the game and wanted out and away from all the garbage.
    The Timmins folk are equally to blame for bad behaviour. They were just looking for an excuse to lay it on the #1 seed.
    As Peelfan stated earlier, they have a history of abusing their guests, especially the #1 seed, at the ofsaa's that they host, so why are they allowed to continue hosting?

All this has put a bad spin on the entire event. I am so happy that Parkside defeated the Timmins team. Parkside played with heart, without their best player, in a hostile environment that goes way beyond the home team's usual school spirit.
    Timmins did behave inappropriately for hosts and should be held accountable.

As to the officials behaviour. They did nothing wrong except that they were given the task of keeping control of a game played by unsportsmanlike players and coach. They failed and unfortunately a player paid the ultimate price, as did his team.
    Let's hope the injury isn't serious but that chance at ofsaa gold is gone.

George Harvey can now get a banner made up for their gym...I'll let you all guess what I think should be printed on it...but the word "goon" would be prominant. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by rec on Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    rec
    Freshman

Post by rec Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:36 pm

And the STA win over Westminster was incredible!!!
    Truly a great game.
    Ryan Thomson is the heart of that team.
    we.not.me
    Freshman

Number of posts : 101
    Registration date : 2008-12-11

Post by we.not.me Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:35 pm

people who were not at the double A ofssaa should SHUT THE . UP, yes i'm talking to you rec. and peelfan, don't talk . about my former coach, you need to get your head out of your ass and shut the . up too. you were not there, so sit down and suck something, please it's what you are good at. and i'm dying about these accusations about harvey was the one causing trouble and acting like menaces. so is that why the ofsaa committee came up to the harvey coach after the parkside game and apologized for the behaviour of the parkside parents? i watched the parkside game where number 25 would yell in harveys point guards face but the harvey pg would not say a word back. i love the face that everyone has hated on harvey forever since the start of this season, and you kow what i say to you guys. EAT A DICK.
    THATDUDERIGHTTHERE
    Freshman

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

Post by THATDUDERIGHTTHERE Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:35 pm

I played against parkside at Ofsaa just two days, # 25 is a chirpfest, he even attmepted to start a fight with my teamate, also # 34 is the same way and took several attempts at injuring the Westminister big man, but did no where near a giid enough job, like Ali Haider did. Timmin's were wonderful hosts they were extremely courteous to my team and others and there were compliments from parents about the community cheering harder for West and Sta then Timmins themselves. Parkside is seen with a white light, no pun intended. but they played dirty just like every other team that knew they were going home.
    jd7
    Freshman

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

Post by jd7 Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:21 pm

I was there. I do not have a connection to any team nor do I have any previous experience with Timmins.

It is exactly as rec described. If anything, I thought the parents were well controlled. A key player on their team went down and their hope for gold was gone. I don't think they realized at the time that it was done with intent.
    After the game, I watched the parent being approached by the Harvey coach and after a few words, the parent tried to get away from the Harvey coach. Some verbal comments were openly stated between the two as they walked out of the gym but it was not initiated by the parent. It was in fact in reaction to the absurd comments made by the coach who was following the parent all the way through the gym into the hallway. The parents went out of the gym to get the kids from the locker room to get out of there. I also left quickly as it was apparent that the situation was volitile but I saw the group in the parking lot immediately after I left so they did not linger to continue the debate.

I observed arbitrary cheap shot comments directed at parents who were simply cheering on their kids from the start. Did they react badly, maybe, I don't know, but I don't blame them. They were simply there as parents of the #1 seed and as such, apparently became the target of the Timmins people as well. Some may call that school spirit, thinking that supports their home team, but I do not. I did not experience open cheering of other teams other than Timmins High and Westminster (who lost to Timmins in the first game) in the finals.
    I watched other teams parents subjected to the same abuse. Perhaps not as severe but certainly not the expected behaviour of a friendly small town population. I did not observe or hear of the great comments from these other parents and as I said, I was simply an observer.

"Chirping"....aka trash talk is part of the game. Cheap shots at the knees are not. Laughing at injured players is not part of the game either.
    I watched that Parkside/Harvey game. The Parkside player is a class act and does not take out anyone at the knees, he does not need to...he knows how to play. I have scouted him for quite a while and know this. The George Harvey player came out and targeted him to get him out of the game. I hope that the injury is not serious. That player is CIS bound, the George Harvey player is not. Enough said on that.

The comment that the Timmins convenor apologized to the Harvey coach is laughable. Did they also apologize for the officials that ran out of that gym, exclaiming that they needed to get the hell out of there? Did the Harvey team lose a key player to injury? Where is the sympathy to Parkside? None was forthcoming....Timmins fans applauded and cheered when Parkside players went down with injury in the bronze medal game as well. Is that the action of a good host? Not in my eyes. Ofsaa should definitely recognize this incident as unacceptable and keep it in mind when Timmins requests to host again. They condoned this action....incomprehendable to me. Perhaps they bought into the Harvey coach's ramblings. I did not.

I only comment on this incident now because it is a black eye on the true terrific Toronto programs. You would never see this type of behaviour from the Mother Teresa's, Eastern Commerce, Pickerings...too many class act programs to mention. Intentional injuries are beyond comprehension amongst real athletes. And you can be assured if any of their players were set upon in the same manner, the same reaction would result. Laughing and cheering at another players injuries crossed the line for me.
    All of us need to band together to acknowledge this incident as unacceptable.
    stunin101
    Freshman

Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by stunin101 Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:23 pm

[quote="we.not.me"]people who were not at the double A ofssaa should SHUT THE . UP, yes i'm talking to you rec. and peelfan, don't talk . about my former coach, you need to get your head out of your ass and shut the . up too. you were not there, so sit down and suck something, please it's what you are good at. and i'm dying about these accusations about harvey was the one causing trouble and acting like menaces. so is that why the ofsaa committee came up to the harvey coach after the parkside game and apologized for the behaviour of the parkside parents? i watched the parkside game where number 25 would yell in harveys point guards face but the harvey pg would not say a word back. i love the face that everyone has hated on harvey forever since the start of this season, and you kow what i say to you guys. EAT A DICK.[/quote]

Straight up
    stunin101
    Freshman

Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by stunin101 Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:26 pm

can someone tell me what number the harvey player was wearing that injured the other player

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:46 pm