HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+38
GRASSROOTSS
Mr Bean
mr_09
CoachPaul
theunknown2009
dhoward12
gnote
petro
canadianhoopsfan
ReshawnW.5
laszlo
Father Time
RealBall
imthebestperiod
Coach Mike
caddykid5
Zen Master
Ronson
rec
Coach Clement
coachblue
Respect
wcbasketball
minihotsauce
stevelogan92
bballfan
hoopluvr10
zonekiller
Sh0t_Calla12
knowthegame
dukesucks
tb11
steve.nash1
bruins
keepingitreal
whatupdawg
coachhopps
Coach Philippe
42 posters

North American Academy-NAA

knowthegame
    knowthegame
    Senior

Number of posts : 1123
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

North American Academy-NAA - Page 6 Empty Re: North American Academy-NAA

Post by knowthegame Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:06 pm

I agree to keep thid civil and respectful too. These subjects are made for ideas and methods of change, resolutions and progression. Good luck on your endeavours coach!
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Number of posts : 284
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Coach Philippe Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:38 pm

Thanks for the support and positive wishes fellas...

As I said, everything happens for a reason, and this is no exception.

Definitely making sure the players and their families that committed weren't left stranded was very important to me because they are the reason I fought so hard to make this happen.

As for me and my family, we'll be fine. I will announce my plans for the upcoming year shortly, but just so everyone knows I had a couple of other job offers in the U.S. (as a Coach and/or Program Administrator) but will CHOOSE to stay here in Toronto and continue to support Canadian Basketball.

I make a living as a Real Estate Agent with Royal LePage Real Estate Services (www.SoldByNate.ca) and will continue to do so, but Basketball is in my heart and runs through my veins so I will always be involved.

Stay tuned for more info, what doesn't break you will only make you stronger! A wise man once told me that Iron is welded in the depths of flame, so I come out of this experience a better, more focused Coach and person. The sky is truly the limit! (and I write this specifically for all the players reading this, don't get caught up in some of the negativity that is out there, you can accomplish whatever you set your mind to through dedication and work ethic, whether based out of Canada or the U.S.....)
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:50 pm

Oh yeah, and btw you'll notice I won't be responding to negative posts anymore.

The truth is that life is way too short, and we need to start treating each other better if we really want to make this a better world, and on a smaller scale improve the basketball community in Toronto/Canada....

Much more could be accomplished if we supported each other and lived as brothers!

Just like Obama, I believe in Change, and the Change starts with each and every one of us!
    Coach Mike
    Freshman

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Post by Coach Mike Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:36 am

Coach

Sorry to hear about NAA... I know from reading your posts on here it was something that you were working extremely hard at to make work and it is very unfortunate that things did not turn out in your favor. However you are an extremely talented young coach and having you back in the GTA is great for Toronto basketball and which ever program you become involved in will be lucky to have you.

Good luck this season and keep us all posted
    Respect
    Respect
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 562
    Registration date : 2009-01-07

Post by Respect Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:42 pm

Coach Philippe, I'm disappointed that it did not work out for you & the kids involved. I think you're a good person and hopefully you'll come out of this situation a little wiser. From the moment this program was announced, I had my doubts. In my 30 years around this game, I've seen many things, and specifically seen many people come and go. Through my experience, I've learned that shady individuals usually create shady situations. Nate hopefully you'll learn from this experience that you shouldn't allign yourself with individuals that have bad reputations. They usually are just a house of cards that sooner or later come tumbling down.

All the best.

Last edited by Respect on Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-07-18

Post by wcbasketball Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:10 pm

[quote="whatupdawg"]yo, i'm sorryz itz didn work out....but ya cant expect to walk into a program at west hill az a fresh coach in tdot...wid 4 established playaz alredyz dere and on dere backz try to make an name fo yoself and denz go to d statz 2 monthz latter...and thinkz playaz wil folla on a dime...it jus dontz work dat way....but hey at least you tried to follow yo dremz....respect...bow wow wow.[/quote]
    I totally disagree with this statement. You are entitled to your opinion but Coach Philippe did not ride on the backs of 4 players at West Hill. Please keep in mind that West Hill did not even win their region so I cannot see how these four players made life so easy for coach Philippe to find a new coaching gig in the states. In some cases, it is harder to coach players who are elite players because it is hard to get them to buy into your systems and beliefs and to play as a team. There is only one basketball and 5 players on the court so it is a tough task. You don't just throw out a basketball and say "go play".Coach Philippe did a great job with West Hill and certainly deserved to get an opportunity to move up. A lot of us warned him as a protectant as people such as myself were pulling for him to succeed. I know for a fact that Coach Philippe is not the type of individual to sit on his hands and assume players will follow like you said. Please keep in mind that two very prominant figures at the NAA pulled out and Coach Philippe was left to do it on his own.
    Keep in mind that this man made a decision that involved his family and that is very difficult. It seems to me that you have a very supporting wife and that is great because it is important during tough situations like this. I wish you the best and hope you land back on your feet.
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:52 pm

[quote="Coach Philippe"]Oh yeah, and btw you'll notice I won't be responding to negative posts anymore.

The truth is that life is way too short, and we need to start treating each other better if we really want to make this a better world, and on a smaller scale improve the basketball community in Toronto/Canada....

Much more could be accomplished if we supported each other and lived as brothers!

Just like Obama, I believe in Change, and the Change starts with each and every one of us![/quote]

Not sure if anyone read this post or not, but obviously it hasn't affected anyone's tone or perspective.

At this point, this thread is going in the wrong direction and I can't support this negativity.

Thanks to everyone who has passed on positive wishes and support, like I said everything happens for a reason 100% and I have no regrets
    about anything that has happened over the last 6 months while trying to build NAA.

You'll notice throughout this process that I have not said anything negative about any individuals, and I will maintain that going forward.

I will say that I have no affiliations though, and I am my own man, that does what I feel is best for players and developing the game of basketball in Canada.

All the best, and look for positive news and developments from me coming out shortly!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:44 pm