HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+21
Coach Troy
*Baller
observernba
CantStopMe
Xavier Rimrocker
JussBall
wildcatball
Basketball.
4realballer
bigleagues
nike
FlowerCityHoops
ballhard99
mrknowitall
Peel Fan
smoothflow
gunta
baller000
jt
stevelogan92
rvd1018
25 posters

Peel Tier One Playoffs - D'Y Tier One Champs

rvd1018
    Junior

Number of posts : 611
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Peel Tier One Playoffs - D'Y Tier One Champs - Page 2 Empty Re: Peel Tier One Playoffs - D'Y Tier One Champs

Post by rvd1018 Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:03 pm

QUARTER FINAL MATCH UPS

Gonzaga @ campion

St. marcellinus @ St. joseph

St.Joan of Arc @ fletcher's meadow

D'Youville @ father goetz

All games played Thursday, March 4th at 3:30
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Peel Tier One Playoffs - D'Y Tier One Champs - Page 2 Empty Re: Peel Tier One Playoffs - D'Y Tier One Champs

Post by stevelogan92 Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:06 pm

My predictions

Gonzaga over Campion

St.Joes over St. Marcy's

SJA over Fletchers

DY over Goetz in a close one
    4realballer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2008-12-16

Post by 4realballer Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:11 pm

Gonzaga vs Sandalwood:

The Game started with strong takes by Myles and Marcus to the rim getting easy layups and putting Sandalwood in foul trouble(Myles drawing 2 fouls on the Sandalwood point guard in first 2 minutes, and Marcus getting to the line 6 times in first 2 minutes).

Then Sandalwood started picking up thier game and started getting some easy points by breaking Gonzaga's trap. Scoreres off this were Baljoyt Judge and Marc Ruddock.

Then Sandalwood went box and 1 on Marcus for the rest of the half and #15 on and #10 on Gonzaga really stepped up (especially 15 he had about 5 threes in the game) which pushed the lead to 7 going into half time.

Second half it was more of the same thing. Gonzagas lead got up to 13 with 2 minutes left and they burned alot of clock. Sandalwood really couldn't muster any offensive flow.

Top Players: Gonzaga: Paul Dragos 17 points( five 3's), Marcus Hanson 16 pts about 5 assits and 10 boards, Myles Charvis 14 pts and about 7 assits. Baljoyte Judge 12 points about 6 boards, Marc Ruddock 15 points about 5 boards.
    rvd1018
    Junior

Post by rvd1018 Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:55 pm

St. Aloysius Gonzaga 48 @ St. Edmund Campion 46
    St. Marcellinus 47 @ St. Joseph 67
    St. Joan of Arc 55 @ Fletcher's Meadow 66
    D'Youville 66 @ father goetz 56
    jt
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-01-09

Post by jt Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:34 pm

Oh seen Gonzaga making a run, nice victory over Campion. I thought Campion was way over-rated anyways, they should never have received #1 ranking.

The D'Y - Gonzaga game looks like it will be a real nice one next week. I seen D'Y and Goetz game and I wasn't really impressed with either team. D'Y is good if they play a fast run and gun game and use their big men. But honestly, their shooting isn't that good and their free throws are HORRIBLE. Damn doesn't D'Y practice free throws during practice or what?
    gunta
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 373
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

Post by gunta Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:08 pm

[quote="jt"]Oh seen Gonzaga making a run, nice victory over Campion. I thought Campion was way over-rated anyways, they should never have received #1 ranking.

The D'Y - Gonzaga game looks like it will be a real nice one next week. I seen D'Y and Goetz game and I wasn't really impressed with either team. D'Y is good if they play a fast run and gun game and use their big men. But honestly, their shooting isn't that good and their free throws are HORRIBLE. Damn doesn't D'Y practice free throws during practice or what?[/quote]

I guess we both were at different games.Both teams played a great game,how many free throws did DY miss to be horrible.Before you go off lying score sheets are official and i can tell you how many free throws dy and goetz miss or do you want to know each player score?

Being a DY hater must make you sick to see them win,how come you did not talk about their defence,the great dunk to finish the game,the ball movement, not losing their cool to goetz pack gym making loud noise.stop by Lens crafters to have your eyes check.
    Basketball.
    Freshman

Number of posts : 14
    Registration date : 2009-04-07

Post by Basketball. Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:25 pm

my perdictions are:

D'y over Gonzaga and
    Fletchers over Joes

to continue to rivalry. Anything could happen in the final game,
    but this is the game everybody has been waiting for, for about a year now.
    rvd1018
    Junior

Post by rvd1018 Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

pretty sure joes will win
    wildcatball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post by wildcatball Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:42 pm

[quote="gunta"][quote="jt"]Oh seen Gonzaga making a run, nice victory over Campion. I thought Campion was way over-rated anyways, they should never have received #1 ranking.

The D'Y - Gonzaga game looks like it will be a real nice one next week. I seen D'Y and Goetz game and I wasn't really impressed with either team. D'Y is good if they play a fast run and gun game and use their big men. But honestly, their shooting isn't that good and their free throws are HORRIBLE. Damn doesn't D'Y practice free throws during practice or what?[/quote]

I guess we both were at different games.Both teams played a great game,how many free throws did DY miss to be horrible.Before you go off lying score sheets are official and i can tell you how many free throws dy and goetz miss or do you want to know each player score?

Being a DY hater must make you sick to see them win,how come you did not talk about their defence,the great dunk to finish the game,the ball movement, not losing their cool to goetz pack gym making loud noise.stop by Lens crafters to have your eyes check.[/quote]

I agree the Goetz game was great, both teams played pretty good. pretty sick atmosphere. But you can't defend how many free throws DY missed. It's probably what kept Goetz in the game. free throws definately could play a factor in DY's remaining playoff game(s).

not hating btw. thought DY was fun to watch and are quite talented. I believe they got a great shot to take down the championship.
    jt
    Sophomore

Post by jt Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:56 pm

"Being a DY hater must make you sick to see them win"

Haha first people accuse me of hyping up DY, but you are the first to say I hate them. Look at my previous posts, if anything I hype up DY and most Brampton schools, because that's where I am from. So I don't know where you coming from, but I tell it like it is.

I don't need to mention the other stuff, because that's a given we already know DY is a good team and they should be consistently doing that stuff (the dunk at the end was nice btw). But even the other poster agrees that DY free throw shooting is what kept Goetz in the game. I don't know about exact stats, but I can definitely say they missed WAY TOO many free throws that a top team like them should be nailing, especially in clutch time. But it aint even how many they missed, it's the way they missed them, getting AIR BALLS off free throws in end of game isn't acceptable. Plus if you look at the players free throw form, its not good at all.

They definitely need to work on free throws, don't know if it was an off day or what, but that is the kind of stuff that will haunt them in later rounds of play-offs. Plus, you have to admit most of their points today were off fast break lay-ups and penetrations. The shooting field goal percentages were low on the whole, enough 3 pointers were air balls too.
    mrknowitall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2009-11-18

Post by mrknowitall Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:02 pm

go suck on those airballs
    gunta
    Sophomore

Post by gunta Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:23 pm

[quote="jt"]"Being a DY hater must make you sick to see them win"

Haha first people accuse me of hyping up DY, but you are the first to say I hate them. Look at my previous posts, if anything I hype up DY and most Brampton schools, because that's where I am from. So I don't know where you coming from, but I tell it like it is.

I don't need to mention the other stuff, because that's a given we already know DY is a good team and they should be consistently doing that stuff (the dunk at the end was nice btw). But even the other poster agrees that DY free throw shooting is what kept Goetz in the game. I don't know about exact stats, but I can definitely say they missed WAY TOO many free throws that a top team like them should be nailing, especially in clutch time. But it aint even how many they missed, it's the way they missed them, getting AIR BALLS off free throws in end of game isn't acceptable. Plus if you look at the players free throw form, its not good at all.

They definitely need to work on free throws, don't know if it was an off day or what, but that is the kind of stuff that will haunt them in later rounds of play-offs. Plus, you have to admit most of their points today were off fast break lay-ups and penetrations. The shooting field goal percentages were low on the whole, enough 3 pointers were air balls too.[/quote]

I guess you have your views on the team.But the one question that should be answer is who won "Looks like now it will be Goetz chance to get revenge in their home court against D'Y after what happened to Seniors" your words from the first page.

The next question gonzaga or dy?
    nike
    Freshman

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2009-03-11

Post by nike Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:35 pm

DY over Gonzaga
    fletchers and joes will be a close one not sure
    JussBall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2009-11-26

Post by JussBall Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:51 pm

I predict D'Y over joes in final
    jt
    Sophomore

Post by jt Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:34 pm

Yo money just because I said Goetz wants revenge, doesn't mean I support them, obviously they wanted revenge after Seniors lost to DY. Anyways I hope DY takes it because thats my area still or Fletches as long as B Town. My whole point is DY has to work on free throws, end of story and anyone who watched gaame would agree with me.
    wildcatball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post by wildcatball Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:41 pm

DY just squeaked out an OT win over Gonzaga. DY in the finals.
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:57 pm

d'Youville 57-47 Gonzaga
    Fletcher's 56-47 St. Joseph
    4realballer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2008-12-16

Post by 4realballer Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:20 pm

OT in the D'Y, Zaga game....D'Y was just deeper and it showed in OT ...good fight by Zaga though
    jt
    Sophomore

Post by jt Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:47 pm

Seems like another North Brampton final again, just like senior balll. But yeah this will be a very close match I think.

Once again, DY almost lost all because of free throws, I said it before and I will say it again, they can't score free throws in clutch time. In the fourth quarter, they were like 3 for 10. I told you guys after semis against Goetz that if DY loses it will be because of free throws and my prediction came true. They just got lucky and out-hustled Gonzaga in end and had too much experience for a team like Gonzaga that I doubt has ever made it this far in play-offs.

The DY junior coach better practice free throws for next couple of days because I think it will come down to them again vs. Fletchers..
    gunta
    Sophomore

Post by gunta Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:08 pm

[quote="jt"]Seems like another North Brampton final again, just like senior balll. But yeah this will be a very close match I think.

Once again, DY almost lost all because of free throws, I said it before and I will say it again, they can't score free throws in clutch time. In the fourth quarter, they were like 3 for 10. I told you guys after semis against Goetz that if DY loses it will be because of free throws and my prediction came true. They just got lucky and out-hustled Gonzaga in end and had too much experience for a team like Gonzaga that I doubt has ever made it this far in play-offs.

The DY junior coach better practice free throws for next couple of days because I think it will come down to them again vs. Fletchers..[/quote]

Wow you really need attention you find posting one place was not good enough you had to post it 2 different place.Keep talking about the free throws,we going to the finals cheers cheers cheers cheers tongue lol!
    CantStopMe
    Freshman

Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2009-12-14

Post by CantStopMe Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:26 pm

where will the finals take place for tier 1 finals . at fletchers or dyouvillle?
    observernba
    Freshman

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2010-03-08

Post by observernba Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:42 pm

DY played a great game. Congrats!!!!
    *Baller
    Freshman

Number of posts : 120
    Registration date : 2009-02-28

Post by *Baller Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:19 pm

Dy 50 Fletchers 45
    congrats to dy peel champions!!!
    jt
    Sophomore

Post by jt Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:33 pm

So DY takes the Tier 1 Senior and Junior titles this year. Does anyone remember last Peel team to take both Senior and Junior titles in same year?

So what's situation for next year, most juniors moving up to senior right. I think almost all starters were grade 10s and I dont think coach really used 9s that much this year. Thats kind of unfortunate because I think players like Aaron need that experience and he could be a key player for DYs future.
    bigleagues
    Freshman

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2010-02-11

Post by bigleagues Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:44 pm

congragulations to d'youville coming up big and ya d'youville was mostly gr.10s and i remember from last year people saying how d'youville was gonna do it big ,you showed us right

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:03 am