HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+21
Coach Troy
*Baller
observernba
CantStopMe
Xavier Rimrocker
JussBall
wildcatball
Basketball.
4realballer
bigleagues
nike
FlowerCityHoops
ballhard99
mrknowitall
Peel Fan
smoothflow
gunta
baller000
jt
stevelogan92
rvd1018
25 posters

Peel Tier One Playoffs - D'Y Tier One Champs

gunta
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 373
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

Peel Tier One Playoffs - D'Y Tier One Champs - Page 3 Empty Re: Peel Tier One Playoffs - D'Y Tier One Champs

Post by gunta Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:14 am

[quote="jt"]So DY takes the Tier 1 Senior and Junior titles this year. Does anyone remember last Peel team to take both Senior and Junior titles in same year?

So what's situation for next year, most juniors moving up to senior right. I think almost all starters were grade 10s and I dont think coach really used 9s that much this year. Thats kind of unfortunate because I think players like Aaron need that experience and he could be a key player for DYs future.[/quote]

Jt you dont seem to understand basketball or did not attended too many games.DY had eight grade 9 players which they all had a lot of playing time durning the season. There were only 3 games they did not play which was Goetz,Gonzaga and Fletchers. 3 big games there was no way Aaron could of gone in the game when you have 2 other big men.There was only one grade 9 player that player all 3 games but limited time.
    You think and you think do not talk about things you dont know about. Dy won Ropssaa congrats guys.
    gunta
    Sophomore

Peel Tier One Playoffs - D'Y Tier One Champs - Page 3 Empty Re: Peel Tier One Playoffs - D'Y Tier One Champs

Post by gunta Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:18 am

[quote="bigleagues"]congragulations to d'youville coming up big and ya d'youville was mostly gr.10s and i remember from last year people saying how d'youville was gonna do it big ,you showed us right[/quote]
    DY had eight grade 9 and eight grade 10 so what is your point.
    Coach Troy
    Freshman

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2009-09-17

Post by Coach Troy Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:49 am

Congrats to Dy, ropssaa champs. But most importantly congrats to the steady development of the players.

Watching most of these guys in the past is a clear indication that peel has good talent that continues to improve.

There was many great games prior to the championship game.

This age group will be fun to watch next year as seniors.
    BSSBallHard
    Freshman

Number of posts : 146
    Registration date : 2009-11-16

Post by BSSBallHard Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:40 pm

gunta you tlk so much ish and never about the topic
    gunta
    Sophomore

Post by gunta Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:13 pm

[quote="BSSBallHard"]gunta you tlk so much ish and never about the topic[/quote]
    Here is something off topic without #23 terrence bramalea is nothing now i know why the coach keep you guys in tier 2. How much points did terrence have 30 -35 out of what the team score lol.Stay down in tier 2, how is that for off topic.Season finish time to move on until seniors. cheers
    goharder42
    Freshman

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2010-02-14

Post by goharder42 Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:48 am

lol terrance didnt score 30-35 and this is the first game this season he has scored over 20 so hold dat, cuz they have 2 other good players that have scored over 20 more than 5 times for them to win he just took over the last game cuz no one could guard him from central so if u dont no the stats or anything stop talking
    BSSBallHard
    Freshman

Number of posts : 146
    Registration date : 2009-11-16

Post by BSSBallHard Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:53 am

lmaooooo thank you goharder this terrence averages like 11 pts a game .. i bet you this kid doesnt comment again
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Number of posts : 1043
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by coachblue Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:17 am

for sure terrence is the key to the team but they certainly have other players who contribute...i love the way shakiyl cooper douglas plays...i definitely will try to recruit him for mdp...he was an impact player on both ends of the floor...

gunta: i do believe bramalea is a tier 1 calibre team...perhaps not a championship level team but they (and central peel) could certainly compete at tier 1...statements such as "if they didn't have player x they are nothing" are not particularly helpful...the same could be said for many teams including d-y..."if they didn't have randy (who i coach at cp) or james ag where would they be?" the fact of the matter is that these teams do have these players...

btw terrence played on my mdp team last year where he regularly scorched american competition (including a game winning runner in double ot to play the defending usssa division 2 national champions)...he is capable of playing at the next level, especially if he develops more confidence in his jump shot
    goharder42
    Freshman

Post by goharder42 Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:37 am

yeah and there big man Mubin Yakubu is a very talented player who can do lots of things on offense and defense and Matthew Hall is also another good player who plays for Malton Mavericks so there is no question they can play in tier 1 and they also beat campion and turner fenton and only lost by 4 in double ot to Gonzaga
    panathas
    panathas
    Senior

Number of posts : 975
    Registration date : 2008-08-09

Post by panathas Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:01 am

Central Peel attended our tournament this year and did very well. They beat a couple of tier I teams and lost to Campion by 2. If they were in the north tier I division they would make the play-offs. Every year the top tier II teams can compete with most of the tier I teams. We only moved to tier I 2 years ago. I don't look down at the tier II teams because I know there are good teams playing tier II.
    goharder42
    Freshman

Post by goharder42 Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:21 am

is it true theres a peel all star game? is it for both tier 1 and 2?
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:56 am

Terrence Thomas is a special talent.

He averages 11pts a game because he is so unselfish. After the final, Terence proved he can score when he needs to, or distribute if he has too. His court vision is Great! He passing ability is great aswell. Also, for a point guard he rebounds exceptionally well.

With Terrence the W is far more important than his personal stats. He is a fine young man.
    goharder42
    Freshman

Post by goharder42 Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:17 pm

stevelogan92 wrote:Terrence Thomas is a special talent.

He averages 11pts a game because he is so unselfish. After the final, Terence proved he can score when he needs to, or distribute if he has too. His court vision is Great! He passing ability is great aswell. Also, for a point guard he rebounds exceptionally well.

With Terrence the W is far more important than his personal stats. He is a fine young man.

Holy do u no Terrence well i no terrence i play with him too and thats all he talks about the W and he knows that he can score when his team needs it thats what makes him and his teammates better so its not only about him because thats how there other two players play aswell Mubin and Shakiyl because Terrance is the quiet leader and has made those two play like him they all dont hog the ball they play together as a team thats why they are very good
    gunta
    Sophomore

Post by gunta Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:15 pm

[quote="coachblue"]
    gunta: i do believe bramalea is a tier 1 calibre team...perhaps not a championship level team but they (and central peel) could certainly compete at tier 1...statements such as "if they didn't have player x they are nothing" are not particularly helpful...the same could be said for many teams including d-y..."if they didn't have randy (who i coach at cp) or james ag where would they be?" the fact of the matter is that these teams do have these players...

first i have to asked you coach Randy at CP is that central peel?
    ..."if they didn't have randy (who i coach at cp) or james ag where would they be?"
    I agree Randy is a good player who improved this year but i have to say Coach troy did that job.
    James is good but sorry Brandon H did a very good job and dy did a good job with out james so they could of gone without him.

Just to give you some facts DY had no true superstar but good alround team with a deep bench.good players like randy,abed,brandon h,devante,james,brandon g,joey.
    DY had many good players that was not on the team for certain reasons,but could have field 2 good junior teams.
    *Baller
    Freshman

Number of posts : 120
    Registration date : 2009-02-28

Post by *Baller Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:49 pm

no offence gunta coach blue is right:
    randy definetly the best player
    there pg james leads the team without him they struggled,
    lost to turner fenton, lost to campion
    they should of beat these teams becuase they didnt have a legit point guard to run the plays\offence and lead the team, dont get me wrong dy has a good sqaud but those are the key players of the team
    sorry gunta
    you can ask anyone they'll agree with them right coach blue , right coach troy?
    jt
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-01-09

Post by jt Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:55 pm

Yeah DY couldn't do anything when James was out injured and everyone knew that. Why you think Turner and Campion beat them. Brendan H is alright, he is either hit or miss. If he playing good he can hit shots, but he definitely cracks under pressure and nuff times throws up air balls.
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Number of posts : 1043
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by coachblue Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:06 pm

cp is nike centre for performance...canada basketball

while d-y certainly has a better all-around team than bramalea, their offence is centered around randy creating from the wing, james creating off the dribble, and brandon making an occasional perimeter jumper...i am speaking about d-y performing vs high level teams...obviously they played well enough to be tier 1 champs, but randy and james are the keys...i enjoy watching brandon play but he can make some very poor decisions at times on the floor
    gunta
    Sophomore

Post by gunta Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:05 pm

[quote="*Baller"]no offence gunta coach blue is right:
    randy definetly the best player
    there pg james leads the team without him they struggled,
    lost to turner fenton, lost to campion
    they should of beat these teams becuase they didnt have a legit point guard to run the plays\offence and lead the team, dont get me wrong dy has a good sqaud but those are the key players of the team
    sorry gunta
    you can ask anyone they'll agree with them right coach blue , right coach troy?[/quote]
    lol you really brave to make statements like that, first let me say coach Troy is the one
    that improved randy game.
    Now lets go back i could tell you how james really hurt his hand but all i would say he should keep his emotions intact.
    In Rimrocker james went down in the first quarter against pickering and dy they played a great game without him losing by 1 point which was questionable.

"that ref ruined it for Dy i was there it was a bad call pickering shouldnt have won that game!!!!" your statement.
    Brandon H led dy to win 2 tournaments losing no games,the lost to Campion would have happen even if james was there.The lost to turner fenton james played that game so what a joke you making that statement.

Baller you have serious issues first you post https://hooptowngtaforums.forumotion.com/major-midget-1994-boys-f14/whos-better-venom-pg-james-agyeman-or-monarchs-myles-charvis-t5141.htm#59169.

Then this one different place https://hooptowngtaforums.forumotion.com/junior-bantam-high-school-f6/is-henry-tan-good-t5007.htm#58025

Then you post asking who is dy best point guard between Brandon H,Abed and James.
    James led dy to a lost against WestHill who had 6 players because one went down injured and could not return. so they lost to 6 players.

One last thing james could not guard Myles in the gonzaga game he was being run over so coach put Brandon H to guard Myles who did a great job.

Sorry for the long babbling post but when i see foolish statements against good players i have to say something.Yes DY needed Randy but they could of gone without James to the finals.
    Baller the season is finish what james should be thinking about is seniors,too many guards to pick from next season not counting the new students transfering feelings will be hurt.
    gunta
    Sophomore

Post by gunta Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:26 pm

[quote="jt"]Yeah DY couldn't do anything when James was out injured and everyone knew that. Why you think Turner and Campion beat them. Brendan H is alright, he is either hit or miss. If he playing good he can hit shots, but he definitely cracks under pressure and nuff times throws up air balls.[/quote]

Jt you are a disgruntled dy student.
    smoothflow
    Freshman

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2010-02-01

Post by smoothflow Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:31 pm

brandon hit a buzzer beater vs fletchers i think so hes not bad under pressure lol the point is DY WON thats it nd of discussion

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:21 am