HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+6
outside_stinga
basketball IQ
coachetob
coachgeo
Scout Watcher
Coach Clement
10 posters

Mother Teresa Tournament - Results

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Mother Teresa Tournament - Results - Page 2 Empty Re: Mother Teresa Tournament - Results

Post by Coach Clement Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:32 pm

The Championship Game:

Fr. Henry Carr vs. Dowsview 8:00 pm
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Mother Teresa Tournament - Results - Page 2 Empty Re: Mother Teresa Tournament - Results

Post by Coach Clement Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:57 pm

Team MVP's:
    Pickering - #12 Ryan Williams
    ACMT (Hamilton) - #11 Nick Sahlollbey
    Dunbarton - Cameron Creightney
    Bill Crothers - Ty Rombus
    Martingrove - David Anderson
    Ste. Marguerite d'Youville - Jerome Simpson
    H.B. Beal - Moses Orozco
    J. Clarke Richardson - Bailey Burton
    Vaughan Secondary - Tristan Newman-Smith
    Mother Teresa - Jalen King
    Pine Ridge - Joel Dash
    West Hill - Jerron Shalland-Rhodes
    Forster - D'Andre Brown
    Downsview - Othniel Russell
    Fr. Henry Carr - Lamar Copeland

All Star team
    Willie Gaston - Windsor Forster
    Kemar McKnight - Downsview
    Christian Hewitt - Fr. Henry Carr
    Rashawn Chambers - Downsview
    Brandon Chevannes - Fr. Henry Carr

Tournament MVP -Jalen Poyser - Fr. Henry Carr

Last edited by Coach Clement on Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:38 pm

Championship Game - Fr. Henry Carr 58 (Christian Hewitt 18) Downsview 47 (Kemar McKnight 22) .
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:49 am

Thursday December 2
    10:30 am - G1 - Vaughan 50 vs. West Hill 42
    11:45 am –G2 – Ste Marguerite d’Youville 48 vs. Dunbarton 60
    1:15 pm – G3 – Blessed Mother Teresa 65 vs. Martingrove 64
    2:45 pm – G4 – Bill Crothers 55 vs. Downsview 70
    4:00 pm – G5 - Winner G1 (Vaughan 54) vs. Loser G2 (d'Youville 24)
    5:30 pm –G6 – Winner G2 (Dunbarton 59) vs. Loser G1 (West Hill 61)
    6:45 pm – G7 – Winner G3 (Blessed Mother Teresa 70) vs. Loser G4 (Bill Crothers 63)
    8:00 pm – G8 – Winner G4 (Downsview 64) vs. Loser G3 (Martingrove 58).

Friday December 3
    10:30 a.m.-G9 – Pine Ridge 43 vs. Oakwood 51
    11:45 a.m. –G10 –ACMT 55 vs. Pickering 52
    1:15 pm – G12 – Windsor Forster 80 vs. London H.B. Beal 61
    2:45 pm – G 13 – Winner G9 (Oakwood 49) vs. Loser G10 (Pickering 41)
    4:00 pm – G11 - Fr. Henry Carr vs. J Clarke Richardson
    5:30 pm –G 14 - Winner G10 (ACMT ) 36 vs. Loser G9 (Pine Ridge 57 )
    6:45 pm – G15 – Winner G11 ( Fr. Henry Carr) vs. Loser G12 (London Beal )
    8:00 pm – G16 – Winner G12 (Windsor Forster ) vs. Loser G11 (J.Clarke Richardson)

Saturday Dec. 4
    Quarter-Finals - 9:30 a.m. - Downsview 49 vs. Vaughan 45
    10:45 a.m. -West Hill 56 vs. Mother Teresa 46
    12:00 pm - Forster 68 vs. Oakwood 63
    1:30 pm - Fr. Henry Carr 100 vs. Pine Ridge 43

Semi-Finals - 3:00 pm - Downsview 49 vs. West Hill 25
    4:30 pm - Fr. Henry Carr vs. Forster

Championship Game - 8:00 pm - Fr. Henry Carr 58 vs. Downsview 47
    Mr Bean
    Freshman

Number of posts : 131
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by Mr Bean Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:11 am

Ironic isn't it? Vaughan brings down Tristan Newman Smith to play junior, with the hope of beating Henry Carr. Henry Carr moves up Lincoln Samuels to senior. And look what happened? Vaughan loses to Downsview in the semi finals and Henry Carr beats everyone, including Downsview in the finals.

Point to ponder- Why haven't any of Hooptown's Finest Haters made a comment about Tristan moving back down to junior? And I am sure there are other juniors playing both senior and junior. Why no comments?

gave
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 357
    Registration date : 2008-07-24

Post by gave Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:24 pm

Really good Tournament - I got to see some of the teams I have not seen before: Dunbarton, Forster, Pine Ridge, Oakwood...

Carr did not miss a beat without Lincoln, I thought Christian stepped up and played a great game against Downsview-

Carr's only test in this tourny was -Forster and Downsview...

I am proud of the Downsview team - they played this tournament without 3 starters - Michael Roye- Bright Ofori and Keane Brown - 3 grade tens...

I thought the grade nines did a great job beating a very good Vaughn squad and competing against Carr for most of the game...

Thank you to MT and staff for making us feel like we were home- see you next year-

Save my spot coach...

Last edited by gave on Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

Post by rerun Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:42 pm

I'm curious about the score of the Henry Carr/Windsor-Forester Semi-final game. What did Forester lose by? Was it a close game? The update shows the high scorer but not the team score.
    lovethegame
    Freshman

Number of posts : 109
    Registration date : 2010-05-10

Post by lovethegame Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:56 pm

Mr Bean wrote:Ironic isn't it? Vaughan brings down Tristan Newman Smith to play junior, with the hope of beating Henry Carr.
    Who ever said his decision had anything specifically to do with beating Henry Carr? They're not even in the same league. Paranoid much?

Mr Bean wrote:
    Point to ponder- Why haven't any of Hooptown's Finest Haters made a comment about Tristan moving back down to junior?

A player who averages around 10 ppg at the junior level and little prospect of significant pt at senior is probably better suited for the junior game.

Mr Bean wrote:
    I am sure there are other juniors playing both senior and junior. Why no comments?

What other juniors are playing senior and then showing up at Jr tournaments and dominating to a ridiculous level at junior?? Sounds like a red herring.
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:01 pm

rerun wrote:I'm curious about the score of the Henry Carr/Windsor-Forester Semi-final game. What did Forester lose by? Was it a close game? The update shows the high scorer but not the team score.

Forster was playing their first games of the season.

They hung in until the fourth against Carr but wound up losing big. They are excellent.

Willie Gaston is real good - showtime all the way! D'Andre Brown is a great finisher. These guys can play!

I would love to see them in a few weeks! Great coaches - wonderful people around the team!

I hope they come back next year - their program is solid!
    coachetob
    Freshman

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2009-10-29

Post by coachetob Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:15 pm

gave wrote:Really good Tournament - I got to see some of the teams I have not seen before: Dunbarton, Forster, Pine Ridge, Oakwood...

Carr did not miss a beat without Lincoln, I thought Christian stepped up and played a great game against Downsview-

Carr's only test in this tourny was -Forster and Downsview...

I am proud of the Downsview team - they played this tournament without 3 starters - Michael Roye- Bright Ofori and Keane Brown - 3 grade tens...

I thought the grade nines did a great job beating a very good Vaughn squad and competing against Carr for most of the game...

Thank you to MT and staff for making us feel like we were home- see you next year-

Save my spot coach...

Downsview was impressive in this tournament. However, Michael Roye did play against Martingrove and I believe Bill Crothers. Scored 7 points against Martingrove.
    gave
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 357
    Registration date : 2008-07-24

Post by gave Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:10 pm

Yea he was there on Thursday in body but was very ill vomiting between shifts - u will c him this weekend...

Like I said we were with out Micheal Roye : = He was our leading scorer in the Vaughn SS Tournament...

Bright Had Knee surgery on Thursday the 2nd

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:55 am