HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+44
j.m31
Agent 0
baller-3
riptown
baller777
jose2
anotherlevel
Judgedemental
tart11
THESCOUT
lockdownD
2k9basketball
jose_manuel08
TakinBallToNextLevel
Up&Comer
FAST23
CoachW
lockdown
stevelogan92
4realballer
gator01
Peel Fan
Prime Time
Iball15
dr.j
rvd1018
Coach Clement
CoachImgrund
REPLAY
Xavier Rimrocker
CoachPaul
HAWK-BOY
ball_2_live
diavoli
Eagle1
Hooptown_baller
Iso Ball
the_legend
isolation
BornToBall
kobee14
djoke
theanswer
panathas
48 posters

Peel Tier I Regular Season Scores

Iball15
    Freshman

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2008-12-16

Peel Tier I Regular Season Scores - Page 4 Empty Re: Peel Tier I Regular Season Scores

Post by Iball15 Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:35 pm

ST joes hasent had a real test they can bring talks when they play teams like the good teams in there div like goetz and xavier
    theanswer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Peel Tier I Regular Season Scores - Page 4 Empty Re: Peel Tier I Regular Season Scores

Post by theanswer Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:17 pm

Fletchers 58 St Augustine 46

Last edited by theanswer on Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    theanswer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Post by theanswer Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:18 pm

Brampton Centennial 75 Cadinal Leger 65
    BornToBall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 174
    Registration date : 2008-11-15

Post by BornToBall Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:32 pm

Nice fletchers, and wow BCSS is better than i thought !!

howd jarryn jahvin and kash play?
    djoke
    Freshman

Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2008-12-03

Post by djoke Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:54 pm

how did ashton play???
    panathas
    panathas
    Senior

Number of posts : 975
    Registration date : 2008-08-09

Post by panathas Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:58 pm

Kash had 20 points and was unstopable on the offensive glass. He got injured in the 4th and was unable to continue.
    Ashton had 26 points.

#24 on Leger had 4 fouls and was unable to be effective on defense.
    Our depth was too much for Leger on this day. Leger is tough to beat if their big 3 are all going strong at once.
    djoke
    Freshman

Post by djoke Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:06 am

Guud job to the BCSS coach
    CoachImgrund
    CoachImgrund
    Freshman

Number of posts : 265
    Registration date : 2008-08-04

Post by CoachImgrund Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:14 am

I'm not surprised that BCSS has beaten teams like Leger and Loyola, and kept it close (i.e. 51-50) with Hoop it Up finalist d'Youville. I had the opportunity to watch BCSS play at Hoop it Up and they're a talented, well-coached team.

Ashton is a 'beast' on the floor and will do whatever he needs to do to get his team the victory. The rest of the team (I only know Ashton from when we played BCSS last year) execute very well and will make you pay for every mistake. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think BCSS was Tier Two last year? If so, they definitely made the right choice by switching over to Tier One, where they appear to be dominating - even being in a division with d'Youville, Leger, and Sandalwood - three pretty solid teams in my opinion.

Coaches, quite often, are reluctant to switch tiers following a solid performance in one tier (finalists or champions last year?), but I'm glad BCSS has decided to take on this challenge.
    Prime Time
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 343
    Registration date : 2008-09-09

Post by Prime Time Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:18 am

WOW!!! BCSS, Leger, d'Youville, and Sandlewood all in the same division in Peel. Is it possible for all four to qualify for the playoffs?
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:20 am

Only three teams from each division will qualify.
    rvd1018
    Junior

Number of posts : 611
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Post by rvd1018 Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:33 pm

Father Goetz 72 @ St. Joseph 45
    panathas
    panathas
    Senior

Post by panathas Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:38 pm

Up to date standings:

http://www.ropssaascores.com/index.php?standings&sport=BASKETBALL&level=JUNIOR&tier=Tier1&gender=BOYS
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Peel Fan Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:56 pm

Nice win, BCSS coach. Your division is the deepest in the GTA and winning it is going to be tough. You could legitimately see the first place team with two losses because it's such a hard division.
    panathas
    panathas
    Senior

Post by panathas Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:51 am

[quote="Peel Fan"]Nice win, BCSS coach. Your division is the deepest in the GTA and winning it is going to be tough. You could legitimately see the first place team with two losses because it's such a hard division.[/quote]

I like to thank everyone who is congratulating me personally for the success of my team thus far, but I would like to remind everyone that at the end of the day it is the student-athletes who show up to practice (a lot of times from 5-7pm), play the games, sacrifice their bodies on the court, stay out of trouble in school, and execute my vision on the court.

My team has played well on the court so far, but I am more proud of my student-athletes because they have done a great job of becoming good citizens off the court. I am very strict on personal conduct and my athletes have accepted the responsibility and have met my expectations.

Every basketball player should understand that they need to be role models for other students within their schools.

Happy Holidays to everyone.
    gator01
    Freshman

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2008-10-27

Post by gator01 Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:41 pm

Last edited by gator01 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    djoke
    Freshman

Post by djoke Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:30 pm

REALLLY GUUD JOB TO THE BCSS PLAYERS, AND THE COACH

GREAT SCHOOL, GREAT PLAYERS, GREAT COACHES
    panathas
    panathas
    Senior

Post by panathas Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:06 pm

Pocock 63 St Marcellinius 46
    St Martin 56 Meadowvale 47
    Gonzaga 67 Iona 50
    Ste Famille 38 Turner Fenton 23
    Campion 59 St Augustine 46
    CoachPaul
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 306
    Registration date : 2008-12-07

Post by CoachPaul Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:35 pm

Tues Jan 6/2009, 4:40 PM
    Loyola 72 (win), St. Joan of Arc 50
    CoachPaul
    Sophomore

Post by CoachPaul Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:42 pm

Wed Jan 7/2009 at 3:30 PM

Loyola 90 (win), Iona 74

High Scorers

Nik Stauskas (Loyola) 28
    Cyle Egamino (Iona) 22
    Tremell Mayers (Loyola) 19
    panathas
    panathas
    Senior

Post by panathas Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:38 pm

Fletchers 74 Mississauga 48
    St Joseph 62 Rick Hansen 53
    4realballer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2008-12-16

Post by 4realballer Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:24 pm

Any high scorers of the Fletchers Mississauga game ?

And correct me if i'm wrong but my friend form my school (Joan of Arc) said Marcus scored 40 + vs Iona on Tues is this true?
    panathas
    panathas
    Senior

Post by panathas Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:12 am

D'Youville 59 Sandalwood 52
    diavoli
    Freshman

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2008-10-28

Post by diavoli Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:42 am

[quote="4realballer"]Any high scorers of the Fletchers Mississauga game ?quote]

Fletcher's (Shane Tennant & Shaquille Keith 9)

Mississauga (Javon Ottay 16)
    panathas
    panathas
    Senior

Post by panathas Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:07 pm

Loyola has forfeited 4 of their games. Their record is now 1-4 in league play. Coach Paul what happened? The problem now will be that if Loyola makes the play-offs as a low seed then they can cause weird play-off match-ups.

http://www.ropssaascores.com/index.php?standings&sport=BASKETBALL&level=JUNIOR&tier=Tier1&gender=BOYS
    CoachPaul
    Sophomore

Post by CoachPaul Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:44 pm

It's true! Here's what happened. I picked 10 guys for the team and had 3 alternates if any of the 10 couldn't play because of marks. One of the guys had to quit because of marks, so we called up our first alternate. The kid that we called up atteneded a different highschool last year. None of us were aware of that. This kid is eligible to play for Loyola but had not filled in his "transfer" paperwork. This makes him in-eligible.

We called him up one day before our first game. Even though he attended the game, he was not on the score sheet and hence was not officially on our team yet. We won that game, so it counts as one win. The next 4 games had this kid on our score sheet. Because he is in-eligible the ROPSSA committee disqualified us for those 4 games. We offically scored 0 points for each of those games and register a loss as well.

It's unfortunate that the "letter of the law" with regard to player transfter rule is being inforced instead of the "sprit" in which the rule was created. Basically, the rule was created to prevent one school from "stealing" a star player from another school specifically for the purpose of winning a season or tournament.

The kid in question didn't even play basketball last year at his school. He wasn't selected as one of the original 10 kids for the team, but was called up because one kid had to quit.

The only reason we found out about the problem is that the assistant coach for Loyola was having a casual conversation with this kid and it came out that he was at a different school last year. The assistant coach is Julia Piccinin (a teacher at Loyola). I commend her for her honesty and integrity. She could have easily ignored the comment and just swept it under the table. We could have simply told this kid that he can't play any more and nobody would have known the difference.

Rules are rules and unfortunately we have to pay the consequences.

We hope that our year will continue as strongly as it started and we will make up enough points to qualify for the ROPSSAA. What you've said is quite true. If we make it (if), we will be a low-seed. This will DEFINITELY screw things up because we will face one of the high seeds. If we win the first couple of games, we could knock out some of the best teams early. Crying or Very sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:50 pm