HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+17
Mu2
D1!
eg
george
Respect
realdeal
Coach Clement
Xavier Rimrocker
NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
tart11
stevelogan92
panathas
foreveryoung
futurebigtimecoach
RealTalksz
rerun
HooptownGTA
21 posters

HooptownGTA's Super 16 - released Dec 7th

rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

HooptownGTA's Super 16 - released Dec 7th - Page 3 Empty Re: HooptownGTA's Super 16 - released Dec 7th

Post by rerun Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:38 am

No! Oakwood deserves the number one spot because they are the only undefeated team in the rankings. The St. Mikes Tournament is less than a month away on January 7th. All the top teams are at that event so if they win there, then they'll be the undisputed, outright number one team in the GTA and probably in the province of Ontario. Everything will be sorted out shortly and we'll see if Oakwood is the true #1 or just holding it temporarily for Carr, Loyola, Eastern or Pickering....or possibly someone else.
    futurebigtimecoach
    Freshman

Number of posts : 101
    Registration date : 2009-11-03

HooptownGTA's Super 16 - released Dec 7th - Page 3 Empty Re: HooptownGTA's Super 16 - released Dec 7th

Post by futurebigtimecoach Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:06 am

so what is everyones thoughts if eastern commerce bounces back to win the st mikes invitational over oakwood in the finals and then loyola beats oakwood in the silver fox final! who would be number 1 then?? lets hear your thoughts foreveryoung, rerun and tart11!!!
    foreveryoung
    Freshman

Number of posts : 57
    Registration date : 2009-12-03

Post by foreveryoung Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:52 am

well if oakwood loses to eastern and loyola beats oakwood, and already beat eastern it would be loyola because loyola was held at 2 after oakwood when loyola had a early loss to oakwood... this would be the same situation except with eastern at two and loyola at one because of the pinky lewis loss.... no?
    futurebigtimecoach
    Freshman

Post by futurebigtimecoach Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:55 am

foreveryoung makes some sense finally! anyone else??
    rerun
    Senior

Post by rerun Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:28 pm

I agree it makes sense. Oakwood will be tested shortly. I'm sure they'll play Eastern twice in league play as well in 2010 since they are both in the Toronto South division. If that scenario plays out, then I'm in agreement with foreveryoung, but, as of right now you can't deny a team that is undefeated at this present time. They've won tournaments, beat everyone who has been put in front of them, played some high level teams in the process. Oakwood is good! Can they be beaten?...of course we know that there is no team that is head shoulders above anyone this year. There is no clear cut favorite for the OFSAA title in 2010. Two years ago, it was Pickering's title to lose...they went 70-2 on the year and just got by a tough Eastern team in the final at York University. Last year, everyone knew from the onset that Mother Teresa and Eastern Commerce were the two teams to beat and it played out accordingly. This year. as much as 8 teams could possibly win OFSAA from what we've seen so far. The best team all season might not win...but possibly a team that gets hot for that particular OFSAA weekend.
    foreveryoung
    Freshman

Post by foreveryoung Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:08 pm

futurebigtimecoach wrote:foreveryoung makes some sense finally! anyone else??

lol atleast i go by my own opinion and aren't just biased towards loyola like some people.....

however i agree with re run there is not even close one team that is head and shoulders above competition

is martingrove AAA or AAAA and its ashame loyola is AAA it'd be nice to see loyola play some of these teams a second time around to see if there for real... oakwood should be a treat
    futurebigtimecoach
    Freshman

Post by futurebigtimecoach Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:38 pm

lol please foreveryoung, loyola has proven there for real, i dont get what your trying to prove. maybe you just cant fathom that the white boys from oakville are actually better than the ballers of the GTA this year
    Mr Bean
    Freshman

Number of posts : 131
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by Mr Bean Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:48 pm

rerun, you may not understand this...Oakwood was invited to all the tournaments I mentioned and refused to compete. On that basis alone, they cannot be #1.
    rerun
    Senior

Post by rerun Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:51 pm

Hey! Those white boys and Rohan Boney are really good. I've told many people don't let the unassuming look, no basketball swag fool you....those guys have proven time and time again that they can play with anyone. I've haven't seen them play with the big man yet.
    futurebigtimecoach
    Freshman

Post by futurebigtimecoach Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:51 pm

and with him its even more of a treat. see foreveryoung your inconsistancy serves no purpose on this board. oakwood just dances around the big show.
    rerun
    Senior

Post by rerun Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:59 pm

Well you're right! I have no knowledge of that. You got the inside scoop and know that first hand? If that is true, then I guess they'll drop out of the ST. Mikes tournament real soon because everyone is there on January 7th except Loyola (Oakville). I'm not disputing what you say, but, it is a little hard to believe. Maybe the coach is using that European approach..practice to play ratio of 3:1. LOL

Maybe the coaching staff has a master plan to win OFSAA...limited games, impressive win/loss record, higher seeding, and a lot of practice to ideally prepare them for the big games ahead.
    foreveryoung
    Freshman

Post by foreveryoung Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:04 am

oakwood hasn't lost and i dont think they should be punished for it
    loyola has and they have been punished for it these rankings are correct and your fanthoms of these white boys being number one will have to wait until january that is all i have said therefore i dont understand how i am inconsistent

and i find with loyolas big man they are a tad slower... more blocks and stops ... but alot slower
    hes still very raw in the paint
    TheGrove
    Freshman

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2009-12-12

HooptownGTA's Super 16 - released Dec 7th - Page 3 Empty Martingrove AAAA?

Post by TheGrove Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:42 pm

foreveryoung wrote:
    futurebigtimecoach wrote:foreveryoung makes some sense finally! anyone else??

lol atleast i go by my own opinion and aren't just biased towards loyola like some people.....

however i agree with re run there is not even close one team that is head and shoulders above competition

is martingrove AAA or AAAA and its ashame loyola is AAA it'd be nice to see loyola play some of these teams a second time around to see if there for real... oakwood should be a treat

Martingrove has played AAA in the past. However I am pretty sure they are playing AAAA this year. Can someone confirm.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:48 pm