HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+13
MTTM
dhoward12
jumpshotta
Tila_Tequila
rapsfan4
DaKidMusclez
ballerondarealz
baller33
HAWK-BOY
HooptownGTA
stevelogan92
caddykid5
Coach Melnik
17 posters

Toronto takes on Georgia's Best in Christmas Tournaments

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Toronto takes on Georgia's Best in Christmas Tournaments - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto takes on Georgia's Best in Christmas Tournaments

Post by Coach Clement Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:55 am

Yes Barry I think you're right. Mikyle is a physical specimen as well!

Mikyle was very impressive in a game against my Junior team. So eventhough I had heard Mick was back it didn't register with me.

Mikyle is very close in size to his brother Mick but they do refer to Mick (not Mikyle) on the tape.

This tournament also gave Troy Joseph a chance to play. I believe he is still ineligible in Durham.

If either or both were eligible it would make Pickering very tough to beat in Canada. They would add talent strength and athleticism to an already strong core of players.

Bear in mind Gagliardi did not play in their final game and Tull had to carry the bulk of the scoring.

Last edited by Coach Clement on Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-07-18

Toronto takes on Georgia's Best in Christmas Tournaments - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto takes on Georgia's Best in Christmas Tournaments

Post by wcbasketball Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:09 pm

Great job by the players and coaches of Henry Carr and Pickering in representing GTA basketball.
    Coach Melnik
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 370

Post by Coach Melnik Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:12 pm

Thanks Coach. It is always nice to have the support of Toronto basketball community.

I also want to congratulate Josh Ogden on being named to the All Tournament Team. Josh's selection makes it three in a row for Father Henry Carr basketball, with Tramar Sutherland making the 2007 All Tournament Team at the Arby's Classic and Curtis Trotter making the 2006 All Tournament Team at the Beach Ball Classic.

Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year!

Coach Melnik
    Coach Melnik
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 370

Post by Coach Melnik Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:25 pm

Some of the top recruits at the GSK Invitational:

UNC: Reggie Bullock (Kinston)
    Duke: Mason Plumlee (Christ School) and Ryan Kelly (Ravenscroft)
    Memphis: Nolan Dennis (Richland)
    NC State: CJ Leslie (Word of God) and Lorenzo Brown (Centennial)
    South Carolina: Lakeem Jackson (Christ School)
    Auburn: Earnest Ross (Panther Creek)
    UNC-Wilmington: Matt Wilson (Ravenscroft)

PLUS
    Garrius Adams (Apex); uncommitted but considering NC State, Miami, South Carolina and Virginia Tech

AND the #1 ranked player in the country, John Wall (Word of God); uncommitted but considering Duke, NC State and Baylor
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:54 pm

Great news for Josh I cannot think of a player who works harder.

When you work that hard you deserve every bit of recognition that comes your way!

Great job by all the kids from both Henry Carr and Pickering. You did your city proud! Cool
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:56 pm

NC State appears to be putting together an impressive group of incoming freshmen.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 4:29 am