HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+16
laszlo
THE ROASTA
unknown1
two3-higher than a star
baller1o1
DatBaller15
SprinklerDude323
kiddddo
Tila_Tequila
OnlyTheTruth
TorontoBasketball
TAJ
skip2myloupt2
azn_hobo
Coach Bob
EYE OF A TIGER
20 posters

Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West?

Poll

Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West?

[ 30 ]
    Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? Bar_left44%Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? Bar_right [44%] 
    [ 19 ]
    Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? Bar_left28%Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? Bar_right [28%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? Bar_left7%Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? Bar_right [7%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? Bar_left7%Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? Bar_right [7%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? Bar_left3%Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? Bar_right [3%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? Bar_left4%Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? Bar_right [4%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? Bar_left6%Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? Bar_right [6%] 

Total Votes: 68
    EYE OF A TIGER
    Freshman

Number of posts : 161
    Registration date : 2008-07-22

Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? Empty Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West?

Post by EYE OF A TIGER Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:45 pm

This is a Year ANYBODY CAN WIN....Regionally, City Wide, and Provincially.....WHO WILL TAKE THE WEST OUT OF THESE FINE PROGRAMS?...PLEASE VOTE AND WRITE YOU YOU THINK SO???
    Coach Bob
    Freshman

Number of posts : 47

Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? Empty Re: Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West?

Post by Coach Bob Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:11 pm

I would say Vaughn road after watching there Hard-Nose defence @ Mother Teresa Tournament
    azn_hobo
    Freshman

Number of posts : 37
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? Empty Re: Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West?

Post by azn_hobo Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:23 pm

it's george harvey hawks
    skip2myloupt2
    Freshman

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2008-07-17

Post by skip2myloupt2 Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:31 pm

i thinks is between Vaughan Road and Martingrove because those are the only two teams putting in work for the west and the only two doing it for a couple of years.
    TAJ
    Freshman

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2008-11-11

Post by TAJ Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:21 pm

I think we will see good battles in the playoffs. Naci, Martingrove, Harvey, Runnymede and Vaughan will fight for the top spot. I say the home team will have the advantage here.
    I see Vaughan vs Martingrove finals.
    But I wont underestimate Harvey and Runnymede.
    TorontoBasketball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 158
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post by TorontoBasketball Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:09 pm

VRA will probally win due to the amount of quality wins they are getting.
    OnlyTheTruth
    Freshman

Number of posts : 157
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by OnlyTheTruth Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:01 pm

Martingrove is going to the finals for sure they have shown everyone that there side of the pool is no challenge to them.. and from the other side if Vaughn Road plays how they did at MT tourney they will win the west ... BUT Vaughn Road is a very small and defensive team... Matthew Wright from Martingrove is a very talented player and im pretty sure he is capable of breaking there defence just like he did last year in the finals.. but it should be a interesting playoff run for both teams.. we will just have to wait and see what happens
    Very Happy
    Tila_Tequila
    Freshman

Number of posts : 280
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post by Tila_Tequila Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:26 pm

Vaughan Road, They had an amazing performance against Pickering and Vaughan (York)
    kiddddo
    Freshman

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2008-10-02

Post by kiddddo Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:28 pm

Vaughan Road's defense was able to handle Jonathan Tull, Robert Gagliardi, Kevin Thomas & Josh Collins this weekend, so like you said if they play that way, they very well could run away with it. Martingrove in a team that scores a whole lot of points, while Vaughan Road is prided on defense. Great match-up, if it does happen.......
    OnlyTheTruth
    Freshman

Post by OnlyTheTruth Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:27 pm

Jonathan,Rob and Kevin didnt even play half the game... so you cant say that there defence handles them dont boost.. and when they did come on they brang the game close...If this happens Vaughn road is has to bring there A game if not they will lose once again just like last year...
    TorontoBasketball
    Freshman

Post by TorontoBasketball Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:26 am

VRA has a very good chance, not the best...but a better chance than the rest of West.
    OnlyTheTruth
    Freshman

Post by OnlyTheTruth Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:02 pm

We will just have to wait and see what happens.. I really wouldnt mind seeing both first place teams knocked out first round haha that would make things VERY interesting lol!
    SprinklerDude323
    Freshman

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2009-01-23

Post by SprinklerDude323 Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:14 pm

even though theyve had a bad season, i still believe that Thistletown CI will be winning the Toronto West only because they have the besst players in that division..people might disagree but thats my opinion
    BTW i dont go to TCI i go to Weston and got to watch one of there games
    kiddddo
    Freshman

Post by kiddddo Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:21 pm

SprinklerDude323,

if your not mistaken, this is a senior board.
    i think you may be talking about there decent junior squad that very well my take it this year, but there seniors look like they wont even make playoffs lol
    EYE OF A TIGER
    Freshman

Post by EYE OF A TIGER Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:55 pm

Going by the Standing at this moment, this is the draw:

1. Vaughn Road 1.Martingrove
    2.Runneymede 2.North Albion
    3.George Harvey 3.West Humber
    4. Silverthorn 4.Weston

1st ROUND:

Vaughn Road OVER Weston

Martingrove OVER Silverthorn

Runneymede OVER West Humber (only b/c it @Runneymede...But watch out)

George Harvey vs. North Albion (TIED!!) ----since its @NACI with the craziest fans i'll give it to te cougars (NACI OVER George Harvey)

2nd ROUND:

Martingrove vs. Runneymede
    -the last 2 years Runneymede has lost to Martingrove in the 2nd round. I believe this year is DIFFERENT. Mike & Denham (Runneymede) have a nice 1, 2 punch with a bunch of talented on the Bench. Martingrove's starting 5 is good but i seen them play, but they have ZERO Bench production and THAT WILL BE THE DIFFERENCE. ( Runneymede OVER Martingrove)

Vaughn Road vs. North Albion
    - Everybody is talking about the #8 team in the city beating Pickering (Pickering's Bench) and Vaughn. Yes Vaughn Road is RED HOT. but their HEADS better not be too BIG when they face NACI. NACI only lost to Martingrove by 8. They are not a walk over. Matter of fact this game will be close. but i still see ( Vaughn Road OVER NACI)

Vaughn Road vs. Runneymede
    -these teams played before and Vaughn Road won. But people dont know Runneymede was without Mike for that game and the George Harvey Game. He make a big difference for his team. but still Vaughn Road's D-fence is TOO MUCH . (Vaughn Road OVER Runneymede)

Vaughn Road Vipers 2009 TDSB Toronto West Champions

-you know what they say "D-FENCE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS"
    DatBaller15
    Freshman

Number of posts : 83
    Registration date : 2008-09-04

Post by DatBaller15 Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:11 pm

vaughn road vipers vs martingrove bears in the finals - vaughn road wins by less than 5
    baller1o1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2008-07-19

Post by baller1o1 Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:47 pm

Runnymede over Martingrove thats a joke
    OnlyTheTruth
    Freshman

Post by OnlyTheTruth Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:56 pm

Quarters
    Vaughn road Over Weston 10+
    Martingrove Over Silverthorn 10+
    Runneymede Over Westhumber 5-10
    Naci Vs George Harvey Toss up.. close game

Semis
    Vaughn road Over Naci/GH winner 5-10
    Martingrove Over Runneymede 10+

Final
    Martingrove Over Vaughn Road 10+

... These are my predictions .. and i am very confident and will stand up for all of them..
    TorontoBasketball
    Freshman

Post by TorontoBasketball Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:11 pm

Are we betting on proline or something?
    C'mon guys, just let the games happen.
    azn_hobo
    Freshman

Number of posts : 37
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Post by azn_hobo Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:39 pm

you guys got it all wrong, harvey's gunna finish ahead of runnymede wen the season is done.
    kiddddo
    Freshman

Post by kiddddo Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:32 pm

[quote=""]
    Final
    Martingrove Over Vaughn Road 10+

... These are my predictions .. and i am very confident and will stand up for all of them..[/quote]

Whats your reasoning OnlyTheTruth, 10+ is a bold prediction wouldn't you say?
    EYE OF A TIGER
    Freshman

Post by EYE OF A TIGER Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:05 pm

" OnlyTheTruth" you definitly dont know what ur talking about or i believe you attend grove and just bias.

Martingrove IF they get passed Runneymede WILL NOT defeat #8 Vaughn Road by 10+......MATTER A FACT .....

PLAYOFF BASKETBALL is "DIFFERENT" from season games.......playoff ball every posetion is valued. Therefore wasting alot of energy in every play, you would not have in a season game. MY PIONT is good offensive teams that have NO BENCH in the season WILL STRUGGLE against teams like #8 Vaughn Road who loves D-FENCE

and teams like Runneymede (most under-rated team in the city) who is lead by Mike and Denham and who have a Deep talented bench (past Junior Champs)
    baller1o1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2008-07-19

Post by baller1o1 Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:23 pm

Or EYE OF A TIGER you seriously have something against Martingrove cause your post always has something against them since the beginning of the school year. Undefeated record means nothing? Scoring 637 points over 8 games means nothing?"

You were right in one of your posts in saying "D-FENCE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS"

But they also say "Never under estimate the heart of a champion."
    two3-higher than a star
    Freshman

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2008-11-04

Post by two3-higher than a star Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:33 pm

Honestly.... i think grove is gonna win ......Martingrove v.s Vaughn Road in the west region finals......martingrove by 5
    OnlyTheTruth
    Freshman

Post by OnlyTheTruth Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:07 pm

Just cause im telling "The Truth" about a school doesnt mean i attend it :S.. everyone was saying the same things about Martingrove last year oh they went perfect there going to lose when they play runneymede anyways.. blowout.. oh soft soft there gonna lose to vaughn road for sure Abriham James is the truth.. they beat them ... this year there is no Abriham James.. so EYE OF THE TIGER before you start opening your mouth about whos going to beat who think about the past and how Martingrove has reacted to the sh*t talking and then think about who is going to win.. And dont say that someone goes to the school just cause they defend a school because they think they are the stronger team out of the whole division... stop talking like a kid and grow up and just face the facts.. Martingrove is the favourite to win and i think they will come through and win and maybe return to OFSSAA

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:03 am