HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+16
laszlo
THE ROASTA
unknown1
two3-higher than a star
baller1o1
DatBaller15
SprinklerDude323
kiddddo
Tila_Tequila
OnlyTheTruth
TorontoBasketball
TAJ
skip2myloupt2
azn_hobo
Coach Bob
EYE OF A TIGER
20 posters

Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West?

Poll

Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West?

[ 30 ]
    Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 5 Bar_left44%Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 5 Bar_right [44%] 
    [ 19 ]
    Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 5 Bar_left28%Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 5 Bar_right [28%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 5 Bar_left7%Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 5 Bar_right [7%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 5 Bar_left7%Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 5 Bar_right [7%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 5 Bar_left3%Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 5 Bar_right [3%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 5 Bar_left4%Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 5 Bar_right [4%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 5 Bar_left6%Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 5 Bar_right [6%] 

Total Votes: 68
    TAJ
    Freshman

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2008-11-11

Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West?

Post by TAJ Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:10 pm

[quote="OnlyTheTruth"]oh man why am I still here talking to Kumar the paki Taj and his buddy Harold the I cant see anything Azn_hobo LOL ... im done with this George Harvey is out.. NACI and Vaughn Road will be a close game ... Martingrove wins the West.. thats my Prediction..[/quote]

hahaha.. who are you? Charlie Chaplin?
    whatupdawg
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 425
    Registration date : 2009-01-12

Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West?

Post by whatupdawg Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:13 pm

yo hobo keepin kool... itz onlythetruth whoz wack....
    OnlyTheTruth
    Freshman

Number of posts : 157
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by OnlyTheTruth Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:29 pm

Charlie Chaplin that really wasnt funny.. but I aint even trying to start any beef.. all I did was stick to my word that i had stated ALONG time ago that Martingrove was better then George Harvey and now when they finally play Martingrove wins and azn_hobo and TAJ start making excuses about why they lost.. all im trying to do is stick to my word and back up the team that i favour.. Also azn_hobo face to face? just come down to my block and we can go face to face any day you want..
    TAJ
    Freshman

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2008-11-11

Post by TAJ Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:40 pm

You are the one who started it. Always trying to find a way to fight someone! I was not giving any excuse. I was stating this team had potential. I never said anything about Martingrove or any other team. Infact, I said 'Congrats to M."

The only negative thing I said was "board shouldn't make a team play back to back" It is not an excuse, it is a fact that you can learn from your phy.ed teachers.

Please read!!! Don't be excited and go on telling people to shut up!

I will stop here. I don't want to argue but when people takes my word wrongly, I will defend myself.

It's OVER! Let's see who wins the West. Naci, Vaughan or your favourite 'Martingrove'
    EYE OF A TIGER
    Freshman

Number of posts : 161
    Registration date : 2008-07-22

Post by EYE OF A TIGER Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:59 pm

[quote="EYE OF A TIGER"]fellas fellas ....RELAX....stop fighting over nothing......at the end of the day Martingrove squeezed a win passed George Harvey

According to a friend of mine Harvey was up by 2 at Half-Time, and back-and-forth until 3 minutes in the 4th.

was it fatigue from a back-to-back?..who cares the final score SPEAKS LOUDER than anything

Congrads to George Harvey in a surprising great season. Good Luck in the 2A cities to OFSAA

and why does people say i hate on Martingrove because i dont. I based my opinion on Harvey's full line-up (Jameel did not play). Anyways Congrads to the Martingrove Bears in a good gruiling win!

I herd it was a great game. home-court advantage really helped
    and i herd the refs were calling everything for the screaming home court team including ALOT of controverial charges which put Harvey in foul trouble?...is that correct? and does anyone know the final score?[/quote]

IT'S OVER LETS TALK ABOUT :
    NACI vs. Vaughn Road on thursay.......the clear favourite is Vaughn Road, but NACI is the most athletic team in the west so watch out
    OnlyTheTruth
    Freshman

Post by OnlyTheTruth Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:10 pm

I have a gut feeling NACI will beat them only because NACI is a very athletic team and they have made it so far and havent really had a chance to make to the finals in a while so they are going to give it there all..
    skip2myloupt2
    Freshman

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2008-07-17

Post by skip2myloupt2 Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:50 pm

are yall done with your arguments...

i was able to see todays game....it was GREAT!
    martingrove came strong out in the first quater
    harvey stepped it up in the second quater which made the game very, i repeat very exciting to watch! by the end of the first half harvey was up by 1.
    both, martingrove and harvey came out STRONG in the third and both teams REALLY wanted this.
    but what messed up harvey was fouling because by the end of the 3rd harvey had about 8 teams foul and martingrove only had 1 team foul
    **the controversy was that a player, i believe #4 had five fouls at the score table but harvey's manager only had four fouls**
    fourth quater two players from harvey and one from martingrove was fouled out and martingrove was able to pull away..

**Dont get my words twisted, but i believed that since both the jrs. and srs. for martingrove did win (their first games) and that girls volleyball playoffs start thursday for toronto west, they were forced to move it to today**

Hopefully ill be able to travel to VRA to watch another GREAT playoff game and give yall an update on that too..

Ps. a prediction is a prediction its *someone's* opinion just leave it be.
    OnlyTheTruth
    Freshman

Post by OnlyTheTruth Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:14 pm

Anyone have an update on the Vaughn Road vs NACI game...??
    kiddddo
    Freshman

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2008-10-02

Post by kiddddo Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:06 pm

I have a good source that Vaughan Rd. won by 8 without a lot of players.

Could anyone confirm the score & who was missing?
    OnlyTheTruth
    Freshman

Post by OnlyTheTruth Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:21 pm

damn ... i was wrong but congradulations to Vaughn Road for another appearance in the finals .. looks like they want a round 2 in the finals against Martingrove should be an interesting final.. Offensive Team Vs Defensive Team ...
    kiddddo
    Freshman

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2008-10-02

Post by kiddddo Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:42 pm

Everyone wants to see an upset, especially come playoff time. Look, Oakwood lost to Central Commerce, that makes everything much more exciting because now we want to know if they could take on Eastern. This will be an exciting game, just like the last one. Im not missing this one for the world!!!!!

Is the location set yet??? I know it was at Etobicoke last year, is it held there again??? & what is the time for the Junior game i want to make it for that game too???
    skip2myloupt2
    Freshman

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2008-07-17

Post by skip2myloupt2 Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:06 pm

[quote="kiddddo"]Everyone wants to see an upset, especially come playoff time. Look, Oakwood lost to Central Commerce, that makes everything much more exciting because now we want to know if they could take on Eastern. This will be an exciting game, just like the last one. Im not missing this one for the world!!!!!

Is the location set yet??? I know it was at Etobicoke last year, is it held there again??? & what is the time for the Junior game i want to make it for that game too???[/quote]

i hear you this is a game to watch!
    OnlyTheTruth
    Freshman

Post by OnlyTheTruth Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:30 pm

This game is going to be a battle.. Junior game shouldnt be as interesting though.. Richview will probably beat Thistletown easily..
    OnlyTheTruth
    Freshman

Post by OnlyTheTruth Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:38 pm

Vaughn Road (52) Over North Albion (41) - Top Scorers??
    Martingrove (77) Over George Harvey (65) - Top Scorers??

Final
    Vaughn Road vs Martingrove 3:30 - Location Unknown..

http://www.tdsb.on.ca/students/sports/viewschedule.asp?SportName=Basketball&filtereducationunit_id=&filterregionid=2&filtergenderid=&filterdate=

On the site it says that both Junior and Senior games will be played at 3:30 .. so it looks like they will be at two different locations unless that is a typo and will be corrected when the location is realeased..
    we.not.me
    Freshman

Number of posts : 101
    Registration date : 2008-12-11

Post by we.not.me Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:05 pm

seriously, the board has really fucked up BIG on this one.
    OnlyTheTruth
    Freshman

Post by OnlyTheTruth Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:13 pm

I think that they will change that to the same thing as it has been... having the junior and senior finals in two different places just wont make no sence and its a random change of style.. I think they just put the timing there for the hell of it so when they find the place were the games will be taken place they will put the actaully time.. were Juniors will probably play first at about 3-3:30 followed up by the senior game...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:47 am