HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+16
laszlo
THE ROASTA
unknown1
two3-higher than a star
baller1o1
DatBaller15
SprinklerDude323
kiddddo
Tila_Tequila
OnlyTheTruth
TorontoBasketball
TAJ
skip2myloupt2
azn_hobo
Coach Bob
EYE OF A TIGER
20 posters

Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West?

Poll

Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West?

[ 30 ]
    Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 3 Bar_left44%Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 3 Bar_right [44%] 
    [ 19 ]
    Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 3 Bar_left28%Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 3 Bar_right [28%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 3 Bar_left7%Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 3 Bar_right [7%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 3 Bar_left7%Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 3 Bar_right [7%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 3 Bar_left3%Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 3 Bar_right [3%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 3 Bar_left4%Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 3 Bar_right [4%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 3 Bar_left6%Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 3 Bar_right [6%] 

Total Votes: 68
    TorontoBasketball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 158
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West?

Post by TorontoBasketball Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:09 pm

Updates from today game?
    skip2myloupt2
    Freshman

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2008-07-17

Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who will WIN the TDSB Toronto West?

Post by skip2myloupt2 Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:11 pm

TorontoBasketball..
    i just recently heard that GHCI did win its game over WHCI!

TAJ..can you confirm?
    azn_hobo
    Freshman

Number of posts : 37
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Post by azn_hobo Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:43 pm

who ever thought west humber was gunna knock off george harvey. sorry maybe another year.

West Humber - 72

George Harvey - 94

Top Scorers:

West Humber -
    Mark Brown : 30 points

George Harvey -
    Fidel Benjamin : 36 points, 18 rebounds
    skip2myloupt2
    Freshman

Post by skip2myloupt2 Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:10 pm

thanks azn_hobo
    any word on the NACI vs Runneymede game?
    fullcourt
    fullcourt
    Freshman

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by fullcourt Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:27 pm

NACI won over RUNNYMEDE in a VERY close game....it came all the way down to the last second....LITERALLY

NACI HAS THE MOST SUPPORTIVE CROWD IVE EVER SEEN....good luck to the team
    azn_hobo
    Freshman

Post by azn_hobo Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:33 pm

do you kno wat the final score was?
    TAJ
    Freshman

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2008-11-11

Post by TAJ Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:41 pm

[quote="skip2myloupt2"]TorontoBasketball..
    i just recently heard that GHCI did win its game over WHCI!

TAJ..can you confirm?[/quote]

(lol, sorry for late reply. I was outside though wanted to update right after the game :0)

Ya bro, GHCI won. They played very well and looked liked the better team. Fidel and Mark lead respectively for their team. Wishing WHCI, best of luck for next season. They showed a lot of sportsmanship.

btw, congrats to NACI over their win!
    skip2myloupt2
    Freshman

Post by skip2myloupt2 Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:01 pm

THANKS!
    THE ROASTA
    Freshman

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2009-01-28

Post by THE ROASTA Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:21 pm

[quote="THE ROASTA"]Playoff Brackets- #1's have Clinched Home Court Advantage

#4 Silverthorn @ #1 Martingrove
    #3 West Humber @ #2 George Harvey

#4 Weston @ #1 Vaughan Road
    #3 Runnymede @ #2 North Albion

This is what i see:

Martingrove vs. George Harvey

WINNER: George Harvey with an UPSET. George Harvey is hungry and i believe they will win because of there depth

Vaughn Road vs. North Albion

WINNER: Vaughn Road only because of there leadership in Jacob Z. and Marvin T.[/quote]

I guess what i said is coming true. George Harvey looks really strong and if that piont/rebound stat is correct Fidel B. is a beast.......like i said Wednesday i see George Harvey UPSETing Martingrove. MARK MY WORDS
    . Also congrads to N.A.C.I for ending Runneymede's season. ONLY because of the home court advantage (1 of the MOST CRAZY CROWDS in the city)...i see Vaughn Road over NACI but WATCH OUT FOR THE COUGARS ( the most athletic team in the west)
    fullcourt
    fullcourt
    Freshman

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by fullcourt Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:59 pm

i think the final score was 58 (runnymede) to 60 (NACI)
    TAJ
    Freshman

Post by TAJ Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:18 pm

I think George Harvey beating WHCI, is not an upset. Harvey is a strong and decent team. They could have been even better if they had all their players. Fidel did drop 36 points and 16-20 rebounds.
    Harvey @ Martingrove will be a very interesting match. I wouldn't predict the outcome of this match because it can go either way. May the best team win! Cheers!
    OnlyTheTruth
    Freshman

Number of posts : 157
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by OnlyTheTruth Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:13 pm

I think that NACI vs Vaughn Road will be a very close game.. Only because NACI has a fairly big team and they are an athletic bunch... I dont think Vaughn Road will slap them at all ... if they do I could say NACI was tired from todays intense game.. Martingrove Vs George Harvey is also going to be an intense game but i Guarntee that Martingrove will come out with a win.. They have the experience of always being the team that everyone thinks are going to lose and they have answered everytime.. so lets just see what happens but thats my predictions..

Vaughn Road Vs NACI - Very Close Game Could Go Either Way
    Martingrove Over George Harvey- by 5+
    skip2myloupt2
    Freshman

Post by skip2myloupt2 Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:19 pm

Thursday
    George Harvey @ Martingrove

Friday
    North Albion @ Vaughn Road

I personally think that people should spend time and watch these games!..
    BOTH GAMES WILL BE INTERESTING!
    TAJ
    Freshman

Post by TAJ Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:56 pm

[quote="skip2myloupt2"]Thursday
    George Harvey @ Martingrove

Friday
    North Albion @ Vaughn Road

I personally think that people should spend time and watch these games!..
    BOTH GAMES WILL BE INTERESTING![/quote]

Are you sure about the dates? I know that Harvey game might me moved to thursday but Firday there is no school. LOL Just wondering.
    TorontoBasketball
    Freshman

Post by TorontoBasketball Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:29 pm

Wednesday February 11, 2009
    Semi-Final #1
    George Harvey @ Martingrove CI 4:15 PM Martingrove CI

Thursday February 12, 2009
    Semi-Final #2
    North Albion CI @ Vaughan Road Academy 3:30 PM Vaughan Road Academy
    EYE OF A TIGER
    Freshman

Number of posts : 161
    Registration date : 2008-07-22

Post by EYE OF A TIGER Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:24 am

Wednesday February 11, 2009
    Semi-Final #1
    George Harvey @ Martingrove CI 4:15 PM Martingrove CI

Thursday February 12, 2009
    Semi-Final #2
    North Albion CI @ Vaughan Road Academy 3:30 PM Vaughan Road Academy[/quote]

These games should be really exciting.. I am impressed with NACI's 2 piont win over Runneymede and George Harvey's blowout of a full West Humber lineup for the 3rd time this year.

these are my predictions:

*Vaughn Road over North Albion

because NACI doesnt not have their sea of fans screaming and NACI doesnt have any banging big men to take advantage of the Vipers size.

*George Harvey over Martingrove

because Geroge Harvey is deeper and in the playoffs every play is gruiling down to the wire basketball so sooner or later the lack of bench will hurt you. If there's going to be an upset it's here
    azn_hobo
    Freshman

Post by azn_hobo Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:29 am

i strongly agree. lets see how the game goes today. sure to be exciting!
    TorontoBasketball
    Freshman

Post by TorontoBasketball Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:37 pm

Martingrove wins. To bad eye of a tiger and roasta and everyone else with their so called predictions. This is not attended to azn or anyone who supported a good game. This is for those who continue to hate, hate a bit harder gentlemen.
    OnlyTheTruth
    Freshman

Post by OnlyTheTruth Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:40 pm

As I guarnteed .. Martingrove did beat George Harvey .. does anyone no what the score was and the top scorers?? ... also ROASTA and EYE OF A TIGER.. just stop making guarntees or predictions because you are very bad at it..
    TAJ
    Freshman

Post by TAJ Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:46 pm

Martingrove beat Harvey by 12. I couldn't be there so don't have the score. Congats to Martingrove. I heard some stuff but I wont comment until I have more sources.

(If any west region basketball board member watching this, just want to let you guys know that you shouldn't play a team back to back and give the opponent a day break)

Anyways, I want to give it out to Harvey. I still feel this team is capable of beating top 16 teams. This team could have been even stronger if they had all the players from the start. Also, the story would have been different if two of the season players played in the playoffs. Unfortunately, Board didn't allow them to play.
    Unlike many teams, this team was well disciplined by the coach (Mr Vandyke). Unlike many other teams this school keeps academic first and only allows good academic students to play.
    Once again, harvey had a great season but came short of their goals.
    TAJ
    Freshman

Post by TAJ Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:49 pm

[quote="OnlyTheTruth"]As I guarnteed .. Martingrove did beat George Harvey .. does anyone no what the score was and the top scorers?? ... also ROASTA and EYE OF A TIGER.. just stop making guarntees or predictions because you are very bad at it..[/quote]

Please! People have their own opinions. You cannot tell anyone to shut up just because they were wrong. Some day you will be wrong, but will you shut your mouth? NO!
    Congrats, your prediction was right. But it would have been different if Bears came to Hawks gym! I can gurantee you THAT!
    baller1o1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2008-07-19

Post by baller1o1 Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:59 pm

The Rosta and Eye of a Tiger should shut up seriously
    TorontoBasketball
    Freshman

Post by TorontoBasketball Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:04 pm

Taj,
    First of all, it is a RULE that transfer students need to get their information filled out, so there is no need to point fingers at the board. Any team can say, well yeah we lost cause our trasnfers weren't eligible. Ask Coach Melnyk how he deals with that situation. And academics? I do know plenty of teams in Toronto West after speaking to countless coaches have told me they put academics first, along with Martingrove. Lastly, on the flipside when you see people supporting your team there are no words to be said, but when its the opposite, we point fingers. I agree that this whole prediction stuff is total garbage. But I believe most of this all started when people started rating George Harvey as "elite" team due to their tourney wins. Sadly, the Hawks did not finish first, meaning no home court advatage and that can be blamed on the Harvey players for not trying hard enough not anyone else. Key words you said their was "would have been". And the reason why they are being told to shut up, is because of the nonsense The Roasta and Eye of a Tiger have been saying. Especially EYE OF A TIGER, who seems to have some sort of grudge agianst Martingrove. And The Roasta personally I think is Eye Of A Tiger and that can be proved by a simple IP check, his posts are all atacking people with incunclusive evidence.
    Congrats to the Martingrove Bears who will be playing winners of VRA or NACI and also securing a spot in the City's.
    TAJ
    Freshman

Post by TAJ Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:17 pm

Toronto Basketball,

Bro, I am not blaming anyone. I am not blaming the board either. I was just mentioning the potential of the team. Yes, they lost to Martingrove but overall, I feel Harvey could have been a better team (season and playoffs).
    Nothing against other teams. Although I dont play b-ball, I do play other sports and I respect my opponents (unless they cheat) so I don't pick on people.
    The only thing dissapointed me was the board made it back to back game for Harvey. Oh well, good team doesnt have excuses.
    Also, "all started when people started rating GH as elite team". Bro, I will stand by it. I feel this team had 'potential' to be an elite team.
    Nevertheless, season maybe over but there is ofsaa. Harvey is AA school and could go to ofsaa from Toronto.

Just want to let everyone know that all of you guys have made this season interesting through your post. If people dont have opinions then there is no point on having a forum Smile.

Hooptown members, thanks a lot for all your work!
    OnlyTheTruth
    Freshman

Post by OnlyTheTruth Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:23 pm

Taj,
    Its your time to just be quiet and stop talking.. as TorontoBasketball had stated if the Hawks had finished in first place then they would have got there home court advantage but they didnt because they had lost to Vaughn Road and Runneymede.. Martingrove went 10-0 .. and also im pretty sure Martingrove treats there players as STUDENT athletes rather then Athlete then students.. just because George Harvey does that doesnt mean Martingrove does not.. there big man wasnt even playing because of Academic Eligibilty for the first couple games so dont bring that up..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:06 pm