HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+57
giovannicapone
knowthegame
coachhopps
york3man
Yung-Melo
spl4sh
AwetV
kidlebron23
MackJ
RealTalksz
CoachImgrund
pickeringbasketball
greenlight
COACHV
Public Enemy #1
elevator
2hot2handlez
CP3
HoodProspect
whatupdawg
minihotsauce
General Fan
i love ball
UnitedBaller
bballfan
gator01
eastern#1
Keeps
steve.nash1
panathas
Coach Clement
Xavier Rimrocker
D1!
millerlite
BAisdoodoo
WaterBadgers
stevelogan92
dunkthat1
balla032
southballer_15
Skillz21
geno23
chosen1
bronbron23
TorontoBasketball
sba123
coachblue
BoomSUS
NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
hoopsCanada
Peel Fan
tb11
Tila_Tequila
futurebigtimecoach
jt
rerun
Ryerson Rams Basketball
61 posters

Battle of the Boards! by Ryerson University

Public Enemy #1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2009-06-10

Battle of the Boards! by Ryerson University - Page 6 Empty Re: Battle of the Boards! by Ryerson University

Post by Public Enemy #1 Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:44 am

x

Last edited by Public Enemy #1 on Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Number of posts : 1043
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Battle of the Boards! by Ryerson University - Page 6 Empty Re: Battle of the Boards! by Ryerson University

Post by coachblue Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:53 am

gator: sorry you feel that way man...whenever you ready talk ball i'm here...
    whatupdawg
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 425
    Registration date : 2009-01-12

Post by whatupdawg Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:44 am

Gator01...wow bow wow....whatz upz dawg....hopez u havz a cleenz slatez wid d po po...ifz notz...wha d ell....u mitez workz...didz u eva hitz d bookz...coachin iz abowtz characta 2.....sarry bra....u gotz nun....y dontz u goz sowth....gitz a reelz tast ov politikz...bow wow wow!
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Number of posts : 1043
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by coachblue Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm

bow wow wow!
    steve.nash1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post by steve.nash1 Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:40 pm

Tony (ATON) Sims is a has lost his marbles. That is not the guy you want dealing with children...........bow wow wow....gator 1 you have lost all credibility on this board.......bow wow wow....this is why teachers / principals keep people like you away from students.
    bballfan
    Freshman

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by bballfan Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:00 pm

Ok can we get back on topic with the Battle of the Boards which is in 2 days I believe.... looking forward to seeing TDSB (Toronto public) and York region's rosters.... did Durham submit a roster yet?

Why the exception with TDCAA roster with 4 players from 2 of the schools?
    COACHV
    Freshman

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by COACHV Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:19 pm

GATOR1......

Ok i came across this thread from one of my players,

I think it be interesting to find out exactly who you are. are you a coach?
    i am a coach at high level rep ball, so im a community coach. that being said get you facts straight i coach high school ball in peel. so i dont understand where you are going with all your non-sense. Joan of arc i see has a community coach.

From what i see from you this is why alot of high schools dont want to work with our programs because of stupid facts that people like you try to prove where it is about you.

to me you sound like either a coach that couldnt find a team to coach or your a rep player that is not getting the playing time he wants at his school because its a different type of game. and you cant do what you want.

think you should take the fact that alot of schools have tried it and it hasnt worked.Playing ball for your school is a privlage which alot of players dont understand. if you are involved with a rep program (coach or player) you should know that us coaches all say school comes first.
    that being said Alot of schools have trouble with players and school meaning grades and other issues in school. how is a community coach going to be involved with everything at school.
    I would also think that the community coach would also have his own responsibilities to worry about (work, family etc.) holding practices in mornings right after school at 2:45 3pm.

i think you need to rethink everything you said. And if the program you are involved with or want to be involved with is that bad and your concerned maybe you should be asking coaches(teachers) how they can help.

As for people trying to get to schools to coach remember its not about just you or a few players on the team remember the coach that is going to coach at a school has a huge responsibility to have. that coach also has to have a staff from the school able to work with that coaches schedule.

So lastly teachers that coach the high schools thank you for keeping basketball going in each school. and i hope that this one person does not in any way affect how you feel about community coaches. thats just one out of to many to count.
    greenlight
    Freshman

Number of posts : 87
    Registration date : 2008-07-15

Post by greenlight Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:00 pm

[quote="gator01"]Thus is the reason why Canada basketball sucks compared to US we got teachers coaching teams guys like blue and panathas who think that just because they are teachers the know everything about basketball. Teachers are just overpaid university graduates who could not get a real job like I have. I can be a community ciach but your coaches and principals do not let community coaches in peel region. You have the best coach in peel Tony sims not coaching because you smart teachers will not let him coach. The guy played in the NBA and no school in peel will let him coach now. Look what he did at chinguacousy SMS sent two players d1 and then he was told he could not coach anymore at chinguacousy. He goes to fletchers and somebody told him he cannot coach there anymore. Just because you are a teacher do not think you are better that is why name you have seen all the best peel players leave peel over the years because coaches suck in peel.[/quote]

why is tony simms not allowed to coach? Having met him some years back I think he is an interesting character but yet I do know of some guys that he by himself got scholarships for
    pickeringbasketball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 27
    Registration date : 2009-07-28

Post by pickeringbasketball Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:18 pm

Durham Roster

1. Natiel McKenzie (Pickering)
    2. Asher Tulloch-Lewis (Pickering)
    3. MiKyle McIntosh (Pickering)
    4. Aaron Redpath (JClarke)
    5. Leon Alexander (JClarke)
    6. Tyrell Samuels (JClarke)
    7. Justin Edwards (Anderson)
    8. Dyshawn Pierre (Anderson)
    9. Nathan Brown (Sinclair)
    10. Andrew Aboraa (Ajax HS)
    11. Isiah Swaby (Pineridge)
    12. Shevon Miller (Pineridge)
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Clement Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:19 pm

pickeringbasketball wrote:Durham Roster

1. Natiel McKenzie (Pickering)
    2. Asher Tulloch-Lewis (Pickering)
    3. MiKyle McIntosh (Pickering)
    4. Aaron Redpath (JClarke)
    5. Leon Alexander (JClarke)
    6. Tyrell Samuels (JClarke)
    7. Justin Edwards (Anderson)
    8. Dyshawn Pierre (Anderson)
    9. Nathan Brown (Sinclair)
    10. Andrew Aboraa (Ajax HS)
    11. Isiah Swaby (Pineridge)
    12. Shevon Miller (Pineridge)

That is an imposing lineup!
    elevator
    Freshman

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2009-12-01

Post by elevator Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:34 pm

any rosters for toronto public, halton and an official peel ?
    CoachImgrund
    CoachImgrund
    Freshman

Number of posts : 265
    Registration date : 2008-08-04

Post by CoachImgrund Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:38 pm

I am also interested in York's line-up.

No coaches from our region were involved in the selection process. Our athletic association didn't even know of this event!

It seems like a 'fraternity' thing to me, with no formal selection process in place as others above have also posted.

There are definitely other better ways that this could have been organized.

Although we may be represented by some great players, I would definitely not call the team from our area the 'York Region' team.

That name would be very misleading... Maybe "Select Players Known By One York Region Representative".
    RealTalksz
    Freshman

Number of posts : 102
    Registration date : 2009-09-17

Post by RealTalksz Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:15 pm

I think Toronto Public will be a team to beat as they have the top 2 players in the GTA Julian Clark( Oakwood) and Matthew Wright( Martingrove). Also to add ontop of that they get Daniel Mullings(Laurier), Cameron Robertson (Eastern) and Anthony Ottley( Emery) .. In my head that team is just not fair..
    rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

Post by rerun Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:21 pm

It is sounding like the turn around time immediately after OFSAA is a little to much to go through...especially with the event so close after the week long March Break. I love the concept! I certainly hope they expand it to a full tournament format like how they use to do it with the Star Wars Regional Tournament back in the day.

The Star Wars Regional Tournament use to take place the first week in April. It gave participating coaches a breather and some much needed down time after the long high school season to reorganize things. The only draw back was that players would get a little rusty since they were no longer playing in season, but, at least the selection process was never compromised or called into question. I hope the event is a huge success and takes off in the future. I just think they need to push it back a little to do it justice.
    rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

Post by rerun Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:33 pm

Toronto Public is only playing against Toronto Catholic, however, it would be very interesting to see which region would win it overall in an eight team tourney. I think that all the teams look good! York has Dynjyl Walker, Kevin Pangos, Stefan Nastic for starters.....Durham has Aaron Redpath, Justin Edwards, Mykyle Macintosh, Tyrell Samuels....Peel has some serious talent...Halton has talent as well...and of course Toronto Catholic with Carr, MT and Pope has some good players as well. We'll see how these guys play together...someone has to do the rebounding and dirty work! However, I do agree that Toronto Public has some big name talent.
    Ryerson Rams Basketball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 41
    Registration date : 2009-10-04

Post by Ryerson Rams Basketball Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:40 pm

Durham Battle of the Boards Roster

Natiel McKenzie guard pickering
    Asher Tulloch-Lewis guard Pickering
    MiKyle McIntosh forward Pickering
    Aaron Redpath guard JClarke
    Leon Alexander forward JClarke
    Tyrell Samuels guard JClarke
    Isiah Swaby forward Pineridge
    Shevon Miller guard Pineridge
    Justin Edwards guard Anderson
    Dyshawn Pierre forward Anderson
    Andrew Aboraa guard Ajax HS
    Nathan Brown forward Sinclair

Coaches
    Mike Gordensky Pickering
    Mike McFetters J Clarke
    Mike Cummings Pickering
    Ryerson Rams Basketball
    Freshman

Post by Ryerson Rams Basketball Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:45 pm

York Region Battle of the Boards Roster

Kevin Pangos PG 11 Denison
    Dinjiyl Walker SG 11 Vaughan
    Darnell Landon SG 12 Woodbridge
    Brayden Gohn SF 11 Denison
    Vlad Velici 6’6 SF 12 Woodbridge
    Stefan Nastic PF/C 12 Thornhill
    Brodie Hill 6’0 SG 12 Milliken Mills
    James Choi SG 12 Vaughan
    Carlos Isit PG 12 Vaughan
    Brandon Bos SG 12 Markham
    Zach Marcelline SG 11 Denison

Coaches:
    Gus Gymnopoulos Vaughan
    Mohamed Saleh Vaughan
    Nizam Alkins Vaughan
    Brent Evans Dr. J.M. Denison S.S.
    Azam Khan Maple H.S.
    Ryerson Rams Basketball
    Freshman

Post by Ryerson Rams Basketball Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:50 pm

Battle of the Boards Official Schedule:

4:30- York vs. Halton

6:15- Peel vs. Durham

8:00- TDSB vs. TDCAA

All games will be played at Ryerson University's Kerr Hall Gymnasium located at 31 Gerrard Street East on the second floor. Tickets are to be purchased at the door.

Last edited by Ryerson Rams Basketball on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    MackJ
    Freshman

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2010-01-25

Post by MackJ Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:04 pm

Durham Battle of the Boards Roster

Natiel McKenzie guard pickering
    Asher Tulloch-Lewis guard Pickering
    MiKyle McIntosh forward Pickering
    Aaron Redpath guard JClarke
    Leon Alexander forward JClarke
    Tyrell Samuels guard JClarke
    Isiah Swaby forward Pineridge
    Shavon Miller guard Pineridge
    Justin Edwards guard Anderson
    Dyshawn Pierre forward Anderson
    Andrew Aboraa guard Ajax HS
    Nathan Brown forward Sinclair

This is a good Team
    steve.nash1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post by steve.nash1 Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:15 pm

The York team is a good one, I think they picked all the best players. After that there isn't much. Maybe the Pilipino kid from MCGivney, maybe Latouche from my school BA. As for Coach Imgrunds complaints, what else is new they always complain....not to mention lose early every year in the playoffs.....bow wow wow
    CP3
    Freshman

Number of posts : 72
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post by CP3 Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:48 pm

No one from Thornlea,STL, B.A., or McGivney? lol
    kidlebron23
    kidlebron23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 143
    Registration date : 2008-08-28

Post by kidlebron23 Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:08 pm

Tremayne McKay same with Adrian Von Rossum...But w/e it is what it is, shud be a very fun and competitive tourney

steve.nash1 - Latouche doesn't even play for B.A. he is at a prep school down south
    AwetV
    Freshman

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2009-12-14

Post by AwetV Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:42 pm

CP3 wrote:No one from Thornlea,STL, B.A., or McGivney? lol

no one to pick...
    whatupdawg
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 425
    Registration date : 2009-01-12

Post by whatupdawg Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:43 pm

yorkz teemz r sof tingz....pangos.....dinjil....stefan....d res r roll playaz inz dis regionz....bow wow wow! duramz...dem menz r reedeeqluss....nd cathlik teemz av baremenzdemz...publik teemz shud b gud...av 2 waitz n cz....bow wow wow...haltunz nd peelz r suss....2 much politikz...bow wow wow!
    CP3
    Freshman

Number of posts : 72
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post by CP3 Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:50 pm

AwetV, no one from those teams? k lemme tell you who could be on that team since obviously u havnt seen them play cuz if you did u wudnt say that

Thornlea - Dapo
    B.A. - Anthony, Adrian, Tremayne
    McGivney- That flip guy an Romaldo
    STL - Jordan, Kareem

If McGivney an STL finished top 4 in York there has to b atleast ONE player from each team that is good. You have guys from Woodbridge an Milliken who didn't do anything this year or beat any top team in York.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 6:27 am