HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+57
giovannicapone
knowthegame
coachhopps
york3man
Yung-Melo
spl4sh
AwetV
kidlebron23
MackJ
RealTalksz
CoachImgrund
pickeringbasketball
greenlight
COACHV
Public Enemy #1
elevator
2hot2handlez
CP3
HoodProspect
whatupdawg
minihotsauce
General Fan
i love ball
UnitedBaller
bballfan
gator01
eastern#1
Keeps
steve.nash1
panathas
Coach Clement
Xavier Rimrocker
D1!
millerlite
BAisdoodoo
WaterBadgers
stevelogan92
dunkthat1
balla032
southballer_15
Skillz21
geno23
chosen1
bronbron23
TorontoBasketball
sba123
coachblue
BoomSUS
NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
hoopsCanada
Peel Fan
tb11
Tila_Tequila
futurebigtimecoach
jt
rerun
Ryerson Rams Basketball
61 posters

Battle of the Boards! by Ryerson University

spl4sh
    Freshman

Number of posts : 14
    Registration date : 2010-01-09

Battle of the Boards! by Ryerson University - Page 7 Empty Re: Battle of the Boards! by Ryerson University

Post by spl4sh Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:04 pm

someone live stream this event Razz
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Number of posts : 1043
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Battle of the Boards! by Ryerson University - Page 7 Empty Re: Battle of the Boards! by Ryerson University

Post by coachblue Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:04 pm

whatupdawg: i love that you tell it like it is, but the timing was a bit tight in regards to having a tryout process...
    Yung-Melo
    Freshman

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2008-10-26

Post by Yung-Melo Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:12 pm

whats the full roster for toronto public??
    york3man
    Freshman

Number of posts : 26
    Registration date : 2008-12-30

Post by york3man Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:28 am

[quote="CP3"]AwetV, no one from those teams? k lemme tell you who could be on that team since obviously u havnt seen them play cuz if you did u wudnt say that

Thornlea - Dapo
    B.A. - Anthony, Adrian, Tremayne
    McGivney- That flip guy an Romaldo
    STL - Jordan, Kareem

If McGivney an STL finished top 4 in York there has to b atleast ONE player from each team that is good. You have guys from Woodbridge an Milliken who didn't do anything this year or beat any top team in York.[/quote]

STL DIDN'T FINISH TOP 4 IN YORK! I'm not sure why you're taking shots at Milliken and Woodbridge. Milliken didn't have their team together at the beginning of the year but by the end they were a pretty good squad. Woodbridge beat Brebeuf who beat Markham, Thornlea and GW. Woodbridge also beat Alex Mac who beat STL (by 40). The only guy i can vouch for is Rumaldo he can play but Jordan and Kareem?? Over who Bos, Din, Landon or Pangos. Sorry that doesn't make sense. REMEMBER IT'S AN ALLSTAR TEAM! 12 GUYS! THAT'S IT! You can't put everyone on!
    bronbron23
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 378
    Registration date : 2008-08-18

Post by bronbron23 Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:46 pm

alex mac didn't beat STL by 40...
    bronbron23
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 378
    Registration date : 2008-08-18

Post by bronbron23 Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:50 pm

I would take Adrian Van Rossum/ Anthony Pouching/ Malik Cox over Brodie Hill
    gator01
    Freshman

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2008-10-27

Post by gator01 Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:43 pm

Anyone have roster for Toronto public. Should have gotten Notice to play He would have shown everyone he is the best player in gta.
    i love ball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2010-03-01

Post by i love ball Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:51 pm

[quote="whatupdawg"]yorkz teemz r sof tingz....pangos.....dinjil....stefan....d res r roll playaz inz dis regionz....bow wow wow! duramz...dem menz r reedeeqluss....nd cathlik teemz av baremenzdemz...publik teemz shud b gud...av 2 waitz n cz....bow wow wow...haltunz nd peelz r suss....2 much politikz...bow wow wow![/quote]

i didnt have a problem with you whatupdawg until that post.....look at brandon bos on youtube, or read about him in the paper 27 ppg is not a role player......he had over 20 in the second half of a YR playoff game to eliminate Stefan Nastic and his thornhill team.....there are other players on the list that are solid but brandon i know for sure is underrated and u have proven ur ignorance
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Post by coachblue Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:34 pm

dawg: peel is suss?

gator: not sure they would let a grade 9 play in it, but no doubt duane should play...as he goes to st mikes would he be public or catholic?
    Ryerson Rams Basketball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 41
    Registration date : 2009-10-04

Post by Ryerson Rams Basketball Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:42 pm

Toronto Public Battle of the Boards Roster

Players:
    Julian Clarke- Oakwood CI
    Matthew Wright- Martingrove CI
    Tyler Wilson- Westview Centennial SS
    Cameron Robertson- Eastern Commerce CI
    Tyrone Ariri- Eastern Commerce CI
    Daniel Mullings- Sir Wilfred Laurier CI
    Kevin Blake- Oakwood CI
    Anthony Ottley- Emery CI
    Mussa Noble-Mohamed- Jarvis CI
    Kavon Parchment- West Hill CI
    Asron Best- Eastern Commerce CI
    Michael Ranger- Oakwood CI

Coaches:
    Kevin Jeffers- Eastern Commerce Collegiate Institute
    Anthony Miller- Oakwood Collegiate Institute
    Sean Bookal- Eastern Commerce Collegiate
    i love ball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2010-03-01

Post by i love ball Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:44 pm

what is happening with TDCAA's roster ?? are they allowed to have 4 players from one team?
    BAisdoodoo
    Freshman

Number of posts : 89
    Registration date : 2009-01-26

Post by BAisdoodoo Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:02 am

York beat Toronto Catholic today in an exhibition game.
    whatupdawg
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 425
    Registration date : 2009-01-12

Post by whatupdawg Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:23 am

yo... i luv ballz.....chilz...wurdz ond streetz...boz neva cam 2 d allworldz practic...neva playzd ind gamez las nitz.....nd iiz gotz a qwestionz 4 yuz....hoo didz boz dropz 27 onz inz d topz 10 dis sezn....bow wow wow....d peepz wanna noe...bow wow wow!
    whatupdawg
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 425
    Registration date : 2009-01-12

Post by whatupdawg Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:26 am

baisdoodoo....wha d ell....yorkz teemz 1....ow?? catholikz teemz missin menz demz?? wow bow wow!
    steve.nash1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post by steve.nash1 Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:29 am

Where was Bos? How did Nastic play??
    Pangos must have went off

Details anyone??
    BAisdoodoo
    Freshman

Number of posts : 89
    Registration date : 2009-01-26

Post by BAisdoodoo Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:00 am

No York is just good..they may not be the better league but they have superior guards ..Bos/Nastic didn't play ...I told you guys this!
    coachhopps
    Freshman

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by coachhopps Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:30 pm

I just thought I would click on this and see what players are going to rep their league ... Looks like there will be some good competition in the Battle of the Boards this year ...

As a coach I was wondering how did the players find out about this? I know I never received an email or phone call so I was unable to inform my players of this ... was it just a selected few that got the invite?

Coach Hopkins
    jt
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 333

Post by jt Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:28 pm

PEEL tore it up tonight they ate Durham's food, wasn't even close, won by over 30 points and there were no garbage points at end, Durham was playing their best until the end.

Tonight proved it that PEEL has the best talent and deepest league in GTA, I heard people talking and even the organizers at Ryerson were saying they were most impressed with PEEL and they would have beaten all the other regions tonite. Should have seen the dunks and plays PEEL manz were running, they made Durham look like really bad.

Enough people been hating on Peel coaches lately, but tonite they set up perfect line ups. It wasnt just a few players playing the entire game almost all the players got equal playing time. That was the other thing, while many of the regions only had players from 4-5 schools, Peel had players from 8-9 schools on the team. That once again proves our league is the deepest and we don't just send all of our players to a couple of schools. Imagine if Peel players were lying about their addresses and sending all the good players to 2-3 schools, you would see how much damage they would do to other teams out there.

It was a good tourny tonite, hopefully expands to championship rounds next year. And to all the Peel haters hope you all learned a thing or two tonite, just give us a year or two our schools are mostly all brand new still and programs are developing, then you see what happens.
    jt
    Sophomore

Post by jt Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:35 pm

Plus to whoever was hating on Paul Williams from Centennial, you should have seen him play, man was a beast had a few put back dunks over a couple of guys. Got into some foul trouble but definitely a presence on defense, man is huge still so good for putting him on team.
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Post by coachblue Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:37 pm

cannot say it any better jt. peel put in some serious work. if that talent was concentrated at 2-3 schools as it happens in other regions (intentionally or unintentionally) then we would have some basketball juggernauts

all in all, great event...hope they all come to york!!! jus playin...

a lot of fun.
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Post by coachblue Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:38 pm

paul had some very good moments during the game...
    jt
    Sophomore

Post by jt Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:55 pm

Yeah I know thats exactly what I was thinking if all those players only went to a couple of schools, there were no more than 2 players from any one school in peel at game tonite.

Yea Peel definitely made a name for themselves tontite, hope the peel all star game is just as fun.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:12 pm

[quote="jt"]Plus to whoever was hating on Paul Williams from Centennial, you should have seen him play, man was a beast had a few put back dunks over a couple of guys. Got into some foul trouble but definitely a presence on defense, man is huge still so good for putting him on team.[/quote]

He was deserving of the spot on the roster.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:20 pm

I wish I was there to watch the Peel game.

I heard Andrew Howell-Stephenson was top scorer with 19. Heard he had 3 amazing dunks in the last minute or so of the game.

Chris Anderson was the second leading scorer with 17. No garbage minute points.

If Peel put up 120+ points and the high scorer had 19. Then the scoring was balanced throughout the whole team.

Also heard that Manny Sahota had a Highlight of the game And 1 baseline dunk on Mickyle McIntosh.

Quite funny how Gator01 has gone through all of his posts on this thread and deleting every single one of them.
    gator01
    Freshman

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2008-10-27

Post by gator01 Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:24 pm

Saw the peel game and I must apologize for all the $hit I talked about Paul Williams. The kid was a beast tonight Maybe he plays better when he just has to focus on rebounding and defence. I still believe that Michael Glasic is better then Paul Williams. Peel still needs to improve the coaching as today proved that the talent in Peel is better then any region but Peel does horrible in OFSSA.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 4:54 pm