HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+42
osyp
TheNews
kingjames23
Coach Bob
Air Jordans
steve.nash1
scarx
laszlo
Yonge
tb11
LockDownDefender
THESCOUT
OneTimeVisitor
BAisdoodoo
Scarbro
Coach Clement
rvd1018
LEFTBENCH
whatupdawg
TorontoBasketball
Respect
Bballoutrageous
DatBaller15
mummie334
hoopster
BallinIsMyHobby12
rising_star_34
RealBall
we.not.me
DG-10
wcbasketball
AllAroundPlayer
Tila_Tequila
Coach Mike
kiddddo
loveball
Tango
stevelogan92
EYE OF A TIGER
bonez07
Conkkid
Coach Philippe
46 posters

West Hill Warriors Basketball 2008-09

bonez07
    Freshman

Number of posts : 185
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

West Hill Warriors Basketball 2008-09 - Page 2 Empty Re: West Hill Warriors Basketball 2008-09

Post by bonez07 Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:25 pm

At which campus is the Seneca tourny happening?
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-07-18

West Hill Warriors Basketball 2008-09 - Page 2 Empty Re: West Hill Warriors Basketball 2008-09

Post by wcbasketball Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:29 pm

The game against Mowat is not a blowout by any means. Is Mowat that strong this season, as they have been in Tier 2 since the stone age? Good to have them up and being competitive
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Number of posts : 284
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Coach Philippe Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:06 am

The Seneca Tournament is taking place at the Newnham Campus which is 1750 Finch Ave. East (Finch @ 404, main campus where Seneca Sting home games take place)

As far as Mowat goes, yes they are much improved and should be competitive in the TDSSAA East. We could see them again this weekend at the Seneca Tourney....

On another note, just saw the Hooptown GTA rankings for Dec 1st and we dropped from #6 to #10... We are currently ranked #5 with the Toronto Star. Interesting to see how quickly perceptions/opinions can change...

The bottom line is it's a long season and what happens on the floor is what counts at the end of the day! (Rick is doing a phenomenal job with this website and I definitely respect his opinion...)

We are now 7-1 overall (5 wins over Top 16/HM teams) and 1-0 in League play with a game vs. Thomson on Dec. 3rd and the Seneca Tourney on Dec. 5th & 6th.
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Post by wcbasketball Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:16 am

Coach, I want to say that you are a refreshing addition to the coaching ranks of Toronto High School Basketball. The updates , no matter if your team wins or losses is very positive. You are replacing a Coach who brought that program to the level it is today and the school is very lucky to have you. Even though Coach Dawkins pretty much takes all of the credit for the success of the school in the past, I want to make sure that Coach Smallings get's his well deserved props. He did a tremendous job when he coached there and now as the head coach at Centennial, get's an opportunity to go against Seneca and Coach Dawkins. Good luck this season to all three coaches.
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:03 pm

Thanks Wcbasketball, great post and appreciate the support!

Coach Smalling is actually no longer at Centennial, the Head Coach there is actually Ro Russell who I have the pleasure of working with in the Grassroots Canada OBA/AAU program and is another one of my mentors in the Coaching business.

Definitely important to show respect to those that paved the way, and I am doing my best to follow in the line of great West Hill coaches and maintain the legacy of Warriors Basketball while putting my own mark on the program!

My players have done a great job of adopting my new Coaching philosophies, and with continued work and growth we will continue to move in the right direction.

Thanks again for the support Wc, much appreciated....

Last edited by Coach Philippe on Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    DG-10
    Freshman

Number of posts : 80
    Registration date : 2008-09-05

Post by DG-10 Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:14 pm

Hey wheres the scores and standings for the east this year?I cant seem to find them on tdsb's website....can you guys update us with scores in the east tier 1 if you have them....not just west hill scores
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Post by wcbasketball Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:49 pm

Coach Phillippe, you certainly deserve the props. I didn't know that Ro Russell took over at Centennial. Should be interesting at the college level this year.
    In terms of the East, it is very disappointing that the convenor has not posted anything on the TDSB website yet. In terms of scores:
    Laurier beat Churchill by 5 on Monday
    DG-10
    Freshman

Post by DG-10 Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:56 pm

Is Churchill nice this year?who are their main guys?
    DG-10
    Freshman

Post by DG-10 Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:36 pm

West Hill is pretty nice styll but they only have two sick players in Alex Arthur and Adrian...The rest of the team is average at best...
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:23 pm

Game #9- West Hill vs. Thomson
    (Regular Season Game #2 @ West Hill)

West Hill - 78
    Thomson - 61

Leading Scorers:

West Hill- Alex Arthur (20pts), Adrian Tomlinson (17pts)

Thomson- Schual Richards (24pts), Andrew Anderson (14pts)

Overall Record now stands at 8-1 with a league record of 2-0...

Next up is the Seneca College Tourney where we will face Woodbridge at 7:30pm on Friday Dec 5th...

Last edited by Coach Philippe on Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Post by wcbasketball Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:23 pm

[quote="DG-10"]West Hill is pretty nice styll but they only have two sick players in Alex Arthur and Adrian...The rest of the team is average at best...[/quote]
    I'm sure that Coach Philippe would strongly disagree. You seem to have forgotten about a player named Taylor Johnston who has committed to Binghampton next season. Kevin Parchmount was one of the top Junior players at Borden last year so I doubt he would be considered average. Pretty off the wall statement about a team that has played quality opponents and have only one loss.
    In terms of Churchill, they beat Cedarbrae by about 20 points today. Very tenacious defence which will offset their lack of size. Very quick which cause the opposing teams offence problems. It will be a long season for Cedarbrae as they will struggle in the East this season
    DG-10
    Freshman

Post by DG-10 Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:17 pm

Well I belive that he is a one dimensional player...but to each their own....What are your predictions this year for the east(standing wise) from 1 to 9...
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:06 pm

Yeah Wc, no doubt I strongly disagree with DG-10's analysis, but I didn't feel like it was necessarily even worth discussing because it is so far off...

We have a deep solid team lead by our Senior leaders Alex Arthur, Adrian Tomlinson, Devaughn Williams and Taylor Johnston (who is far from a one dimensional player, but obviously those who know basketball know that is completely ridiculous..)

With our young Grade 11's making major contributions and growing every day, the present and future of West Hill Basketball is bright. Michael Knight, Donte James, Kevon Parchment, Janeil Brown, Andre Hamilton and Jamaal McLeggon are all talented and athletic guys, who are developing into solid players and bring strength and depth to our roster.

Glad to see you're passionate about Toronto East basketball though DG-10, I'm sure you'll see more of our team this year and see what it takes to be a successful, complete and competitive team.

As far as this chain goes, I posted it to keep West Hill supporters up to date on our team's season. Toronto East scores are supposed to be posted here; http://sports.tdsb.on.ca (but unfortunately it hasn't been updated, so that's where we can agree DG-10, it should be kept up to date on a regular basis...)
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:15 pm

Just an update on the Seneca Tournament Draw:

Vaughan S.S. has pulled out of the Tournament and West Humber has taken they're place...

The 1st Round Draw now looks as follows:

3:00pm - Vaughan Road vs. Jefferys
    4:30pm - Don Bosco vs. West Humber
    6:00pm - Thornhill vs. Mowat
    7:30pm - Woodbridge vs. West Hill

Saturday December 6th:

Consolation Semi-finals:
    9:00am: Loser Game 1 vs. Loser Game 2
    10:30am: Loser Game 3 vs. Loser Game 4

Championship Semi-finals:
    12:00pm: Winner Game 1 vs. Winner Game 2
    1:30pm: Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 4

7th/8th place game @ 3:00pm

Bronze Medal game @ 4:30pm

Consolation Final @ 6:00pm

Championship Final @ 7:30pm

Last edited by Coach Philippe on Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Post by wcbasketball Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:31 pm

[quote="DG-10"]Well I belive that he is a one dimensional player...but to each their own....What are your predictions this year for the east(standing wise) from 1 to 9...[/quote]
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion. In terms of my predictions in the East, I will open up a new post out of respect for West Hill as this is their thread.
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:11 pm

Game #10- Woodbridge vs West Hill
    (Seneca Sting Tournament-First Round)

Final Score:

West Hill - 85
    Woodbridge- 46

Leading Scorers:

West Hill- Taylor Johnston (26pts), Adrian Tomlinson (20pts, 5rbs, 6asts, 5stls)

Woodbridge- Darnell Landon (19pts), Sukhbir Singh (9pts)

Overall record is now 9-1, next up will be the Semi-Finals of the Seneca Sting Tournament vs. Mowat at 1:30pm tommorow, and if we win vs. Mowat, Championship game will be at 7:30pm (against the winner of Vaughan Road vs West Humber)...

Last edited by Coach Philippe on Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    Coach Mike
    Freshman

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Post by Coach Mike Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:50 pm

Hey Coach...nice win today... your boys played well... good luck with the rest of the tourney
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:38 pm

Game #11- West Hill vs. Mowat
    (Seneca Sting Tournament- Semi-Final)

Final Score:

West Hill- 85
    Mowat- 48

Leading Scorers:

West Hill- Adrian Tomlinson (26pts, 13asts, 6stls), Donte James (18pts, 7rbs, 3stls), Alex Arthur (14pts)

Mowat- Javier Evering (11pts), Stephen Stephenson (10pts)
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:39 pm

Game #12- Vaughan Road vs West Hill
    (Seneca Sting Tournament Championship Game)

Final Score:

West Hill - 60
    Vaughan Rd - 47

Leading Scorers:

West Hill- Adrian Tomlinson (20pts, 4asts, 4stls), Alex Arthur (19pts, 8rbs)

Vaughan Rd- Jonathan Reynolds (16pts), Jacob Zorazella (13pts)

Tournament Wrap-up:

Tournament MVP- Adrian Tomlinson
    Tournament All-Star- Alex Arthur

Congrats to Vaughan Road on a great Tournament and very hard fought game. They brought tremendous defensive intensity to the game, and hustled to the very last whistle. However we were able to break their press and outlast them with a solid team effort! Congrats to our players on the Seneca Tournament Championship! It was an overall well played, high intensity tournament for our team...

Also special congrats to Tourney MVP Adrian Tomlinson who played at a very high level, Alex Arthur (Tourney All-Star), Taylor Johnston and Donte James who also had phenomenal Tournaments!

Our overall record now stands at 11-1, next game will be Dec 10th @3pm vs Pearson with the Eastern Commerce Holiday Classic from Dec 11-13th....
    Conkkid
    Freshman

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2008-10-05

Post by Conkkid Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:53 am

I've been refraining to ask this Coach Philippe, but is there any way I could get Taylor's stats for the year? Be it game averages or a gamelog (which would be incredibly awesome)?

I'm sure you are busy like the rest of us with work, family, friends, etc. so I'd completely understand if this is out of the question or out of line (which I think I might be for asking!). After all, you already take the time out of your day to post results and some stat highlights, which I come back for hoping to see Taylor's name with () after it and filled with some gaudy numbers.

If you don't mind doing this, my email is juice31890@yahoo.com

Anyways, congrats on your great start and heres to continued success!
    kiddddo
    Freshman

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2008-10-02

Post by kiddddo Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:06 am

who was the rest of the all-star team coach?
    and to this point, what do u think your hardest 3 games have been against and why?
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:50 am

Seneca Sting Tournament All-Stars:

Adrian Tomlinson- West Hill (MVP)
    Alex Arthur- West Hill
    Jonathan Reynolds- Vaughan Rd
    Jacob Zorazella- Vaughan Rd
    Terrell Campbell- C.W. Jeffryes

As far as you're 2nd question, Kiddddo that's an interesting one...

I'd have to say yesterday against Vaughan Road in the Championship game of the Seneca Tourney was a very tough game because of their frantic and relentless full court defensive style. Very Hard-Nosed team that will give a lot of teams problems and beat C.W. Jeffryes and West Humber solidly in the Seneca Tourney (both tough teams also...)

Obviously, I'd have to say our 1 loss to Vaughan in the Championship game of their tourney was our other toughest game! Vaughan is a solid and fundamental team with one of the best shooters in the GTA in Joshua Collins. The fact we were playing without Taylor Johnston (signing his Commitment letter to Binghampton- NCAA D1) and coming off 2 very tough wins over C.W. Jeffryes and Markham (Markham game was only 1 hr before the Championship game) made that a very challenging game...The fact the game was pretty heated, and there were some very controversial calls and that it was on they're Home-Court made it even more challenging!

Overall, it's been a great start to the season and our team is improving everyday. I don't think any Coach would complain about an 11-1 start, but with the Eastern Commerce Invitational coming up this weekend, and the St. Mike's and Mother Theresa Tourneys in the new year there will be lots of tough games to look forward to! Very Happy
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:35 pm

Game #13- Pearson vs West Hill
    (Toronto East Regular season game #3)

Final Score:

West Hill- 76
    Pearson- 65

Leading Scorers:

West Hill- Adrian Tomlinson (24pts, 4asts, 4stls), Alex Arthur (20pts, 7rbs), Taylor Johnston (15pts, 8rbs)

Pearson- Troy Jeffers (15pts), Andre Smith (14pts)

Our overall record is now 12-1, and 3-0 in the Toronto East....

Next game is tomorrow vs Newtonbrook (@Newtonbrook 3:30pm) which is our opening game in the Eastern Commerce Holiday Classic...
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:15 pm

Game #14- West Hill vs Newtonbrook
    (1st Round of Eastern Commerce Holiday Classic)

Final Score:

West Hill- 85
    Newtonbrook- 51

Leading Scorers:

West Hill- Adrian Tomlinson (32pts, 6rbs, 7asts), Taylor Johnston (21pts), Alex Arthur (12pts, 11rbs, 3stls)

Newtonbrook- Masih Sadri (20pts), Nigel Lebov (15pts)

Overall record is now 13-1, next game is tomorrow vs Assumption (Burlington), 5pm at Jarvis Collegiate in the Quarter Finals of Eastern Holiday Classic...
    we.not.me
    Freshman

Number of posts : 101
    Registration date : 2008-12-11

Post by we.not.me Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:20 pm

that adrian guy is a hell of a player. yet to see him play, but i sure do wish i do get to see him play soon. i see him posting big numbers, but it impresses me more to see him also grab boards and make plays with the assists and rebounds he is avg. and still avg the points he is avg.

all in all very nice job to the coach of west hill, i hope you can keep the team level headed and accomplish your goals whatever they may be.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 11:16 am