HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+42
osyp
TheNews
kingjames23
Coach Bob
Air Jordans
steve.nash1
scarx
laszlo
Yonge
tb11
LockDownDefender
THESCOUT
OneTimeVisitor
BAisdoodoo
Scarbro
Coach Clement
rvd1018
LEFTBENCH
whatupdawg
TorontoBasketball
Respect
Bballoutrageous
DatBaller15
mummie334
hoopster
BallinIsMyHobby12
rising_star_34
RealBall
we.not.me
DG-10
wcbasketball
AllAroundPlayer
Tila_Tequila
Coach Mike
kiddddo
loveball
Tango
stevelogan92
EYE OF A TIGER
bonez07
Conkkid
Coach Philippe
46 posters

West Hill Warriors Basketball 2008-09

Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Number of posts : 284
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

West Hill Warriors Basketball 2008-09 - Page 3 Empty Re: West Hill Warriors Basketball 2008-09

Post by Coach Philippe Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:49 pm

Game #15- West Hill vs Assumption (Burlington)
    (Quarter-Final Game of Eastern Commerce Holiday Classic)

Final Score:

West Hill- 68
    Assumption - 54
    (Burlington)

Leading Scorers:

West Hill- Adrian Tomlinson (31pts, 6asts, 3stls ), Alex Arthur (20pts, 8rbs, 2stls)

Assumption (Burl)- Trevor Williams (21pts), Chadrack Lufile (14pts)

Big win over one of the Top Ranked Programs in Ontario with a very strong defensive effort by our team and solid games from Adrian Tomlinson and Alex Arthur (who did a phenomenal job on the 6-10 Chadrack Lufile one of the top D1 NCAA prospects in Canada).

Overall record is now 14-1...

Next game is tomorrow vs Eastern Commerce at 12pm in the Semi-Final of the Eastern Holiday Classic (game at Jarvis C.I.)
    Tila_Tequila
    Freshman

Number of posts : 280
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

West Hill Warriors Basketball 2008-09 - Page 3 Empty Re: West Hill Warriors Basketball 2008-09

Post by Tila_Tequila Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:08 pm

West Hill Should Be #1, they beat #1 ranked eastern commerce...
    kiddddo
    Freshman

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2008-10-02

Post by kiddddo Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:40 pm

i think we should wait to see who wins that final
    West Hill is playing great basketball this season and i think they will be put were they've deserved after this weekend
    we.not.me
    Freshman

Number of posts : 101
    Registration date : 2008-12-11

Post by we.not.me Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:06 pm

west hill, maybe the most underrated rated team? Razz
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:42 pm

Game #16- West Hill vs. Eastern Commerce
    (Semi-Final of Eastern Commerce Holiday Classic)

Final Score:

West Hill Warriors- 72
    Eastern Commerce- 66

Leading Scorers:

West Hill- Adrian Tomlinson (31pts, 5rbs, 5asts), Alex Arthur (27pts), Taylor Johnston (17pts, 5rbs, 3stls)

Eastern Commerce- Shamar Bennett (21pts), Jerome Brown (14pts)

Game #17- West Hill vs. Pickering
    (Finals of Eastern Commerce Holiday Classic)

Final Score:

Pickering- 78
    West Hill- 69

Leading Scorers:

Pickering- Jonathan Tull (29pts), Rob Gagliardi (16pts)

West Hill- Adrian Tomlinson (33pts, 5rbs), Alex Arthur (20pts, 9rbs)

Tournament Recap:

With big wins over Newtonbrook, Assumption (Burlington) and #1 Ranked Eastern Commerce in the Semi-Finals, this weekend was a very solid showing for our team and I am proud of our players who executed our game plans well, played phenomenal Defense and played a great team game...

With a meeting against 2-time Defending OFSAA Champs Pickering in the Championship game, our team came out flat off an emotional high against Eastern. We made a game of it late, but came up just short...

Congrats to Pickering for a well played game/Tournament...
    Also Congrats to our players for a phenomenal Tourney in which we had some big highs but came up a little short.

Great Tournament for all the Tourney All-Stars (Jonathan Tull-MVP, Rob Gagliardi, Alwayne Bigby, Darnell Walters and West Hill's Adrian Tomlinson). Also great Tourney for Alex Arthur, Taylor Johnston and the rest of our guys!

Overall record is now 15-2....
    Next game will be Dec 16th @ Borden (we will also be on Court Surfing on Sportsnet at 7:30pm on the 16th)
    RealBall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 234
    Registration date : 2008-07-12

Post by RealBall Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:57 pm

Wow did Adrian Tomlinson really score 30-plus in all 4 games at this weekends tourney?

This kid is ballin outta control this season...A Real Talent.
    rising_star_34
    Freshman

Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2008-11-12

Post by rising_star_34 Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:42 pm

yea i think he maybe the best scorer in the gta
    BallinIsMyHobby12
    Freshman

Number of posts : 27
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Post by BallinIsMyHobby12 Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:34 pm

Does Adrian Tomlinson have any offers from d-1 schools
    we.not.me
    Freshman

Number of posts : 101
    Registration date : 2008-12-11

Post by we.not.me Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:41 pm

i heard he is going JUCO.
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

West Hill Warriors Basketball 2008-09 - Page 3 Empty West Hill Warriors News!!

Post by Coach Philippe Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:05 am

West Hill Warriors News:

I just received word that Adrian Tomlinson has been selected as the Toronto Star "Male Athlete of the Week"! A great honor to say the least...([url=http://www.parentcentral.ca/parent/article/555008]http://www.parentcentral.ca/parent/article/555008[/url])

He has also been featured in the Toronto Star on David Grossman's Top 10 Great Performances of the Week! ([url=http://thestar.blogs.com/schoolsports/]http://thestar.blogs.com/schoolsports/[/url] http://thestar.blogs.com/schoolsports/)

"Great Performances of the Week:

With just about one week left before schools shut down for the holiday season, time to single out some stellar individual performances. I believe these 10 rank right up there.

Adrian Tomlinson, West Hill. Some people thought his MVP performance at the Seneca Sting tourney was a fluke. Well, they should think again. He scored 24 points in a 76-65 league win over Pearson and then continued his banner year with a 32-point game in an 85-51 win over Newtonbrook at the Holiday Classic and 31 points in a 68-54 win over Assumption. "

(this took place before West Hill's games vs Eastern Commerce and Pickering in the Championship game of the Eastern Holiday Classic...)

Congratulations to Adrian who has been phenomenal this season for us and is showing improved leadership as one of our team Captains, and floor general! He deserves all the accolades that he gets, and I am expecting more success this season for Adrian and the West Hill Program!

Truly a great week for West Hill Warriors Basketball and I am proud of our guys and their development...

Now the work continues as we head into the 2nd half of the season!

Look for us also on Sportnet's Court Surfing on Tuesday Dec 16th at 7:30pm!

(ps. Thank you for all the positive postings and the people that have supported us from the beginning of the season. It's still early
    and there is still lots of work to do, but your support is definitely appreciated...)

Last edited by Coach Philippe on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:15 am; edited 2 times in total
    hoopster
    Freshman

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2008-12-15

West Hill Warriors Basketball 2008-09 - Page 3 Empty Schedule

Post by hoopster Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:31 am

Coach,

What is West Hill's remaining schedule league and tournament before the New Year?

Looking forward to coming out to see your team play. Thanks.
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:16 pm

This article just came out about the West Hill Warriors Basketball team (Toronto Observer):

http://www.torontoobserver.ca/2008/12/13/west-hill-warriors-back-in-battle/#more-2482[url=http://www.torontoobserver.ca/2008/12/13/west-hill-warriors-back-in-battle/#more-2482]http://www.torontoobserver.ca/2008/12/13/west-hill-warriors-back-in-battle/#more-2482[/url]

As far as your question Hoopster, here are our upcoming games/events:

Dec 16th, 3:00pm- West Hill @ Borden
    Dec 16th, 7:30pm- NBA Court Surfing (the Score)
    Jan 6th, 4:15pm- Laurier @ West Hill
    Jan 8th-11th- 49th Annual St. Mike's/Nike Invitational
    hoopster
    Freshman

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2008-12-15

West Hill Warriors Basketball 2008-09 - Page 3 Empty Upcoming games

Post by hoopster Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:29 pm

Thanks Coach.

What is the second game for you on the 16th?

Where is that located?
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:13 am

Tuesday Dec 16th at 7:30pm is a Team appearance on the Score's "NBA Court Surfing" (TV show)

Check for it, should be good...
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-07-18

Post by wcbasketball Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:32 pm

Great article coach. It is refreshing to hear top players talk about team goals and not individual stats. Baller 34 disagrees strongly so maybe you can enlighten him in the post in the Junior section titled "Coaches, who would you rather have". He makes it very clear that Adrian Tomlinson is an extremely selfish player and went as far as to refer to him as "the most selfish kid he has ever seen" and to "get my facts straight". I figured that you would be the best person to settle this disagreement between the two of us.
    Your team looks strong and congrats on the great showing at the Holiday Classic.
    mummie334
    Freshman

Number of posts : 47
    Registration date : 2008-11-11

Post by mummie334 Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:05 pm

Neutral Borden is gonna get slapped on National TV... Laughing
    DatBaller15
    Freshman

Number of posts : 83
    Registration date : 2008-09-04

Post by DatBaller15 Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:42 pm

did it show yet?
    Bballoutrageous
    Freshman

Number of posts : 14
    Registration date : 2008-12-07

Post by Bballoutrageous Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:12 pm

LOl they dont face borden on tv its jus the studio crowd for the show "NBA Court surfing" that west hills team is on
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:29 pm

Game #19- Laurier @ West Hill
    (Toronto East League Game #5)

Final Score:

Laurier - 64
    West Hill- 52

Leading Scorers:

Laurier- Daniel Mullings (29pts), Nat Wade (12pts)

West Hill- Alex Arthur (15pts), Adrian Tomlinson (15pts)

Recap:
    The year 2009 got off to a disappointing start with an extremely lackluster effort by our team. A combination of poor effort and execution from West Hill and a solid game by Laurier led to the loss.

Point spread was increased at the end of the game by a technical foul and a clear path 360 degree dunk at the buzzer by Daniel Mullings...

The team's overall Record is now 16-3, and 4-1 in the Toronto East. Next game is Thursday at 10:30am vs. Holy Trinity (Oakville) in the opening game of the St. Mike's Tournament.
    Bballoutrageous
    Freshman

Number of posts : 14
    Registration date : 2008-12-07

Post by Bballoutrageous Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:34 pm

make that 32 points coach
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:44 pm

Game #20- West Hill vs. Holy Trinity (Oakville)
    (Opening game of St. Mike's/Nike Tournament)

Final Score:

West Hill- 73
    Holy Trinity- 56

Leading Scorers:

West Hill- Adrian Tomlinson (24pts, 6rbs, 6asts), Alex Arthur (21pts, 7rbs), Taylor Johnston (12pts, 9rbs)

Holy Trinity- Jordan Clarke (25pts), Kent Bray (12pts)

Recap:

West Hill got back on track with a solid performance in the opening round of the St. Mike's Tourney. Holy Trinity was a solid, dicsiplined team and played a good game.

The team's overall record now stands at 17-3, next game will be the Quarter-Finals of the St. Mike's Tourney vs. Oakwood at 1pm on Saturday.
    Respect
    Respect
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 562
    Registration date : 2009-01-07

Post by Respect Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:43 pm

[quote="wcbasketball"]Coach, I want to say that you are a refreshing addition to the coaching ranks of Toronto High School Basketball. The updates , no matter if your team wins or losses is very positive. You are replacing a Coach who brought that program to the level it is today and the school is very lucky to have you. Even though Coach Dawkins pretty much takes all of the credit for the success of the school in the past, I want to make sure that Coach Smallings get's his well deserved props. He did a tremendous job when he coached there and now as the head coach at Centennial, get's an opportunity to go against Seneca and Coach Dawkins. Good luck this season to all three coaches.[/quote]

Hey kids, as a graduate and former West Hill Basketball Warrior (over 20 years ago), I've got to tell you that West Hill has had a very strong tradition of basketball success (even before my time - the 80's). Before Coach Dawkins & Coach Smallings were at WH, Coaches White & McKay took the teams I was on to several city championships including 4 in a row during my playing days. They are credited with coaching players such as the Williams Twins, Mike Trought, and Rowan Barrett to name a few.

As a WHCI Basketball alumnist I am proud to see that my old school is still fying high and has been in the good hands of the coaches mentioned above. I am very impressed with the committment, energy, and love that our new coach (Philippe) has brought thus far. Keep up the good work & may God bless the Warriors!
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:34 am

Game #21- West Hill vs. Oakwood
    (Quarter-Final game of St. Mike's/Nike Tournament)

Final Score:

West Hill- 36
    Oakwood- 54

Leading Scorers:

West Hill- Adrian Tomlinson (11pts), Alex Arthur (9pts, 9rbs)

Oakwood- Julian Clarke (15pts), Jamie Asefa (14pts)

Recap:

On an icy winter day, West Hill had it's coldest FG% game of the year!! Playing without Taylor Johnston, and facing a tough Oakwood team, the FG%, 3pt% and flow was the offense was completely atrocious (as show by being 41pts below our season scoring average of 77ppg!!!.)

Overall terrible offensive game, and solid defensive game for Oakwood.
    We will see Oakwood again, and the team will have to get bounce back quickly as we have a busy schedule next week...

The team's overall record now stands at 17-4, next game will be vs Cedarbrae (@Cedarbrae) on Tuesday Jan 13th, with the opening game of the MT Tourney vs. Martingrove on Thursday Jan 15th at 10:30am, followed by another league game at 4:15pm on the 15th vs. Churchill....

Last edited by Coach Philippe on Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:57 am

Respect, thank you very much for your post. Especially coming from a West Hill Alumnist, that was great to see...

The Tradition of Excellence that has been paved here at West Hill is extremely important to me and to our team, and we are definitely doing our best to continue the legacy. (yesterday aside...No)

This legacy, as you said has been forged over decades of hard work, commitment to effort and a passion for Excellence!

That is the reason to I came to West Hill, as my own beliefs and passion for Excellence align perfectly with those of WHCI!

Definitely much love and appreciation to all the Alumni and Coaches who paved the way, and we appreciate your continued support of the program.

All the best for 2009 to you and to our West Hill family!
    Like Respect so eloquently stated, God Bless the Warriors!
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:27 pm

Game #22- West Hill vs. Cedarbrae
    (League game #6)

Final Score:

West Hill- 85
    Cedarbrae- 26

Leading Scorers:

West Hill- Alex Arthur (13pts, 9rbs, 4stls), Adrian Tomlinson (12pts, 10asts, 7rbs), Taylor Johnston (10 pts, 10rbs, 3stls)

Cedarbrae- J. Lawrence (5pts), K. Facey (4pts)

Recap:

Great defensive effort for West Hill to get back on track after a tough week last week. Great all-round team effort with every player on the team scoring in a 59 point victory. Last week taught the team not to underestimate any opponent and play at a high level at all times.

The team's overall record now stands at 18-4, (5-1 in Toronto East League play). Next game will be the opening game of the MT Tourney vs. Martingrove on Thursday Jan 15th at 10:30am, followed by another league game at 4:15pm on the 15th vs. Churchill....

Last edited by Coach Philippe on Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:36 am