HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+42
osyp
TheNews
kingjames23
Coach Bob
Air Jordans
steve.nash1
scarx
laszlo
Yonge
tb11
LockDownDefender
THESCOUT
OneTimeVisitor
BAisdoodoo
Scarbro
Coach Clement
rvd1018
LEFTBENCH
whatupdawg
TorontoBasketball
Respect
Bballoutrageous
DatBaller15
mummie334
hoopster
BallinIsMyHobby12
rising_star_34
RealBall
we.not.me
DG-10
wcbasketball
AllAroundPlayer
Tila_Tequila
Coach Mike
kiddddo
loveball
Tango
stevelogan92
EYE OF A TIGER
bonez07
Conkkid
Coach Philippe
46 posters

West Hill Warriors Basketball 2008-09

Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Number of posts : 284
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

West Hill Warriors Basketball 2008-09 Empty West Hill Warriors Basketball 2008-09

Post by Coach Philippe Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:38 pm

West Hill Warriors - Toronto East (Pre-Season #6)

2007-2008 season ending games: Won Toronto East. Lost to Oakwood in 4A City semis.

Coaches:

Nate Philippe (Head Coach)
    Elliot Kirshenbaum (Assistant Coach)

Starters returning:

Taylor Johnston, Gr.12, 6'7, G/F (commited to Binghampton)
    Alex Arthur, Gr.12, 6'6, G/F
    Adrian Tomlinson, Gr.12, 5'10, PG

Others returning:

Devaughn Williams, Gr.12, 5'11, G

Top newcomers:

Michael Knight, Gr.11, 6'5, F
    Kevon Parchment, Gr.11, 6'0, G
    Jamaal McLeggon, Gr.11, 5'8, PG
    Donte James, Gr.11, 6'3, G/F
    Andre Hamilton, Gr.11, 6'3, G/F
    Ismail Patel, Gr.12, 6'6, F/C
    Janeil Brown, Gr.11, 5'9, G

Key players lost: Dane Smith, Sean Monplaisir, Shae Sheppard

Season Notes:

The West Hill Basketball program begins a new era under Head Coach Nate Philippe (graduate of CIS power St. Mary's University)
    with Wayne Dawkins moving on to Seneca College as their new Head Coach.
    With a talented returning core of Taylor Johnston (committed to Binghampton, NCAA-D1), Alex Arthur, Adrian Tomlinson,
    and Devaughn Williams, the Warriors will look to build around this core group with many
    exciting young players moving up to the Senior ranks.
    With fresh, hungry players to add to the mix, a solid and talented returning nucleus and a new Coach, the Warriors will look to
    build off a solid season last year and work towards bigger things this year.

Last edited by Coach Philippe on Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:44 pm; edited 7 times in total
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

West Hill Warriors Basketball 2008-09 Empty Re: West Hill Warriors Basketball 2008-09

Post by Coach Philippe Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:43 pm

Here are the results of our 1st Exhibition game last night:

(#6) West Hill vs (#11) Vaughan S.S.
    (Exhibition @ West Hill)

Final Score:
    West Hill C.I.- 84
    Vaughan S.S.-78

Leading Scorers:
    West Hill- Adrian Tomlinson (31pts), Taylor Johnston (20), Alex Arthur (20)
    Vaughan-Joshua Collins (17pts), Davion Eccles (16pts), James Choi (15pts)

Upcoming games are:

November 6th, 8pm- West Hill vs Scadding Court Ballhawks OBA (@ Scadding Court)

November 13th-14th Vaughan S.S. Classic Tournament
    -1st game Nov 13th-5:00pm Game 3 – West Hill (home) vs. C.W. Jeffreys (#15) (away)

Nov 18th- West Hill vs St. Theresa Liseaux (HM) (double header with Junior team @West Hill)

Nov 20th, 3pm- West Hill vs. Pine Ridge (#12) (@ Pine Ridge)

Last edited by Coach Philippe on Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

West Hill Warriors Basketball 2008-09 Empty Re: West Hill Warriors Basketball 2008-09

Post by Coach Philippe Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:22 pm

Results-Exhibition Game #2

West Hill C.I. vs Scadding Court OBA (Exhibition Game @Scadding Court)

Final Score:

West Hill Warriors- 100
    Scadding Court OBA- 77

Leading Scorers:

West Hill- Taylor Johnston (28pts, 8rbs), Alex Arthur (22pts, 6rbs), Adrian Tomlinson (16pts, 10asst, 5stl), Devaughn Williams (14pts)

Scadding Court- Bruno S. (22pts), Stevan M. (18pts), Colin V. (12pts)
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

West Hill Warriors Basketball 2008-09 Empty Vaughan Classic Tournament

Post by Coach Philippe Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:46 pm

Here is the full Tournament Schedule for anyone who would like to come support our team!

Vaughan Classic Tournament Draw

Thursday, November 13th, 2008

2:00pm Game 1 – Vaughan (home) vs. Earl Haig (away)
    3:30pm Game 2 – West Humber (home) vs. Westview (away)
    5:00pm Game 3 – West Hill (home) vs. C.W. Jeffreys (away)
    6:30pm Game 4 – St. Michaels College (home) vs. Markham (away)

Friday, November 14th, 2008

9:30am Game 5 – Loser of G1(home) vs. Loser G2(away) (consolation semi-final)
    11:00pm Game 6 – Loser of G3(home) vs. Loser G4(away) (consolation semi-final)

12:30pm Game 7 – Winner of G1(home) vs. Winner G2(away)(championship semi-final)
    2:00pm Game 8 – Winner of G3(home) vs. Winner G4(away) (championship semi-final)

3:30pm Game 9 – Winner of G5 (home) vs. Winner of G6(away) (consolation final)

Consolation Medal presentation (5 minutes)

5:00pm Game 10 – Winner of G7(home) vs. Winner of G8(away) (championship final)

Championship and Finalist Medal presentation (10 minutes)
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:03 pm

Vaughan Tourney Game 3, West Hill (#6) vs. C.W. Jeffryes (#15)

Final Score:

West Hill C.I. -78
    C.W. Jeffryes -63

Leading Scorers:

West Hill- Adrian Tomlinson (35pts, 7assts, 3stls), Alex Arthur (18pts), Michael Knight (8pts, 10rbs)

C.W. Jeffryes- Terrell Campbell (25pts), Jaymal Boyce (11pts)

Very exciting and fast paced game. C.W. Jeffryes is a very athletic and talented team that will give a lot of teams problems this year! Especially Terrell Campbell is strong and athletic with a very smooth stroke.

Adrian Tomlinson was clutch down the stretch and hit some big time 3's, and Alex Arthur and Mike Knight did a great job defensively and had some key buckets offensively. I think everyone in the gym will remember the alley-oop Alex threw down that changed the momentum of the game!!
    (I was definitely proud of our team with guys stepping up playing without Taylor Johnston who is in New York officially signing his D1 commitment letter to Binghamton University.)

2 more tough games tommorow...

Vaughan Tourney Semi-Final, 2pm West Hill vs. Markham

Last edited by Coach Philippe on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:51 pm

Vaughan Tournament Results

Semi-Final, West Hill (#6) vs. Markham (HM)

West Hill -74
    Markham -57

Leading Scorers:

West Hill - Adrian Tomlinson (44pts, 5stls), Alex Arthur (12pts, 6rbs)

Markham -Mike Forbes (15pts), Brandon Bos (14pts)

Championship Game, West Hill (#6) vs. Vaughan (#11)

Vaughan -85
    West Hill -75

Leading Scorers:

Vaughan S.S.- Joshua Collins (34pts), Carlos Isit (18pts)

West Hill- Alex Arthur (31pts, 6rbs), Adrian Tomlinson (30pts, 5rbs), Michael Knight (10pts, 7rbs, 3blks)

Tournament Recap:

With some tough competition and hard fought games, this was a great early season Tournament to grow as a team. Playing without Taylor Johnston, we had other guys step up and show great heart in tough games vs. C.W. Jeffryes (#15), Markham (HM) and Vaughan (#11). Especially Adrian Tomlinson, Alex Arthur, Devaughn Williams and Michael Knight were very solid for us during the Tournament and great effort and growth by many of our new players.

With a record of 2-1 and a Championship runner-up, we're disappointed we fell short against a tough Vaughan squad, but happy with the heart and improvement shown by the team.

Congrats to Vaughan, I'm sure they're going to have a great season and we'll meet up with them again down the road. Very hard fought and exciting Championship game. Definitely both teams refused to lose and brought great effort to the floor. Things got heated at moments during the game, but overall a well played and competitive game by both teams. Thank you to everyone who came out to support our team.

That brings the season series to 1-1 with Vaughan, and West Hill's overall record to 4-1....Upcoming games vs. St. Theresa de Liseaux (HM) on Tuesday Nov 18th-Home (Double-Header with Junior Team) and vs. Pine Ridge (#12) on Thursday Nov 20th 3pm @ Pine Ridge.

Last edited by Coach Philippe on Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Conkkid
    Freshman

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2008-10-05

Post by Conkkid Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:12 pm

Hey, these updates are awesome Coach Phillipe...particularly because tracking high school stats can be like pulling teeth and seeing how Johnston performs is something of interest for me.

Seems like Adrian Tomlinson is a great player BTW. Surely he has some interest from D1 schools?
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:27 pm

Thanks Conkkid, just trying to keep our team's supporters informed and up to date.
    Adrian is definitely playing at a high level right now there's no doubt. He will most likely be going to a JUCO program next year to facilitate his transition to D1 for academic purposes.

There's no doubt he is a NCAA-D1 caliber player along with Alex Arthur and Taylor Johnston.

We've made good progress early in the season building as a team and inputting new systems, but there is still improvement to be made and things to work on to get to where we want to be.

Thanks for the support Conkkid, and stay tuned! The season is young, and there's lots of work to be done! Very Happy
    bonez07
    Freshman

Number of posts : 185
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by bonez07 Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:51 pm

Wow Vaughan is looking crazy this year.
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:26 pm

Game #6- Exhibition game, West Hill (#6) vs. St. Theresa of Liseaux (HM)
    (@ West Hill)

Final Score:

West Hill (#6)- 57
    St. T of L (HM)- 53

Leading Scorers:
    West Hill- Adrian Tomlinson (28pts)
    St. T of L- Jason Deminicais (11pts)

Season Record now 5-1, next up Pine Ridge (#12) on Thursday @ Pine Ridge, 3pm
    EYE OF A TIGER
    Freshman

Number of posts : 161
    Registration date : 2008-07-22

Post by EYE OF A TIGER Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:29 pm

Coach Philippe that score is too close (4 pt win?)....what happened ..it's suppose to be a blowout
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:47 pm

It was a combination of a very solid defensive game from St. T of L and a very poor shooting game from us.

Apparently St. Theresa also had a very close game with Mother Theresa as well, and they are Honorable Mention for a reason.
    Well Coached and solid defensive team, they will be competitive this season for sure.

This was a tough game overall, but another great test for our team.
    Our early season schedule has definitely been very competitive and this was a great way to get us ready for the season.

We have now played 5 games vs. teams in the Top 16/HM, with another on Thursday vs. #12 Pine Ridge...
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:15 am

Coach
    you are getting some great games for your team
    Tango
    Freshman

Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post by Tango Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:35 am

Coach, I must tell you that I admire the interest and enthusiasm that you have shown since taking over as head coach of one of the GTA's top teams. Perenially, West Hill has been a top program that produces some great high school players in the past.

I think this year, you also have two of the top players in the GTA, in Alex Arthur and Adrian Tomlinson. However, I was taken aback when you lost to Vaughn last weekend. I have seen Vaughn at the Early Bird and they did not look good when they played MT. I have not seen West Hill, but I still believe that you would be able beat a team like Vaughn with Tomlinson and Arthur at the helm.

Tell me is Tomlinson playing point or a shooting guard?. I know this kid and he is very talented, but he shoots too much for a point guard. Playing the two would be better off for him at this level. But if he aspires to playing the one at the next level then he should start learning how to share the ball. He most defintely won't be playing the two at in college because of his size. He is tremendously talented though and will be a huge asset for you this season.

Alex is my boy, he plays hard all the time and along with Tomlinson,will make you proud. I am sure I am not telling you anything that you don'ty already know.

Good luck for the upcoming season.

Cheers
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:01 pm

Thanks Tango and Steve,

I knew before the season that whatever program I would be Coaching whether University/College or High School I would bring 110%, but to get an opportunity to Coach a storied program like West Hill is truly an honor that I am thankful for.

Tango, as far as the game vs. Vaughan, there is no excuse and it was just a tough loss flat out. Granted we were playing without Taylor Johnston, and we played a very tough draw with games vs. C.W. Jefferys (#15) and Markham (HM), it is still a win that we wanted to get.
    At the same time, let's not take anything away from Vaughan (#11) which are a very well Coached team that have one of the best shooters in the GTA in Joshua Collins, tough PG Carlos Isit, and an overall solid defensive group. I'm sure we will meet up with them again down the road and we are now 1-1 with them.

As far as Adrian Tomlinson goes, he is an extremely talented and athletic guard who can play PG or SG. As you mentioned at the next level he would definitely be a PG, so we are working with him on his lead guard skills. Sky's the limit for Adrian and I am happy with his growth.

Alex Arthur is definitely an explosive and strong wing that can play inside or outside. He is also a high character great young man, and he is a pleasure to Coach.

They along with Taylor Johnston, Devaughn Williams and our young guys that are improving every day are a solid group that with continued work will look to do special things this year.

Thanks for your support guys, and have a good weekend! Very Happy
    Tango
    Freshman

Post by Tango Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:08 pm

Coach, are you planning on playing anymore preseason game?
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:15 pm

Game #7, West Hill (#6) vs. Pine Ridge (#12)
    (Exhibition @ Pine Ridge)

Final Score:

West Hill- 70
    Pine Ridge- 59

Leading Scorers:

West Hill- Taylor Johnston (26pts), Adrian Tomlinson (18pts, 7asst), Alex Arthur (12pts, 2stls), Devaughn Williams (10 pts, 8rbs, 2stls)

Pine Ridge- Isaih Swaby (22pts), Cee Jay Williams (12pts), Shavon Miller (12pts)

We now have a break for exams and will be back on the floor at the Seneca Invitational Tourney (Dec 5th-6th)
    The team's overall record now stands at 6-1 with 5 wins over Top 16/HM opponents.
    This early season stretch has definitely been great experience to prepare us for the upcoming regular season.

Last edited by Coach Philippe on Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tango
    Freshman

Post by Tango Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:25 am

Thanks for the update. Someone told me that you were going to play St. Mary's (Pickering) but it seems as if it was false rumour.

Last edited by Tango on Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    loveball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 322
    Registration date : 2008-10-30

Post by loveball Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:22 pm

Coach, whose going to be in that Seneca tournament?

As well, do you know the dates for the two big tournaments.. the one thats @ humber, and the one thats @ jarvis/newtonbrook.. as well will your boys be playing in that tournament? Thanks..

As well, just want to reiterate what has been posted on this forum a few times already.. I think its great the way your giving team updates and keeping the gta informed about whats going on with your squad. Its much appreciated
    kiddddo
    Freshman

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2008-10-02

Post by kiddddo Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:48 pm

who else is in the seneca tourni???
    Coach Mike
    Freshman

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Post by Coach Mike Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:14 pm

Seneca Tournament entries are

West Hill
    Don Bosco
    Mowat
    CW Jefferies
    Vaughn Road
    Vaughn SS
    Thornhill
    St Joan of Arc

First Round match-ups as follows

Vaughn Road v Jefferies
    Bosco v Vaughn SS
    Thornhill v St Joan of Arc
    West Hill v Mowat
    Tila_Tequila
    Freshman

Number of posts : 280
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post by Tila_Tequila Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:01 pm

Looks Like West Hill are having a great start to the season, GoodLuck coach
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:46 pm

Just an update on the Seneca Tourney info provided by Coach Mike...
    The draw I received shows 1st round match-ups as follows on Dec 5th:
    (looks like St Joan of Arc has been replaced by Woodbridge)

Game 1: C.W. Jeffryes vs Vaughan Road (3pm)
    Game 2: Don Bosco vs West Humber (4:30pm)
    Game 3: Thornhill vs Mowat (6:00pm)
    Game 4: Woodbridge vs. West Hill (7:30pm)

Game 7: (Semi-Final 1, 12pm Dec 6th) Winner Game 1 vs. Winner Game 2
    Game 8: (Semi-Final 2, 1:30pm Dec 6th) Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 4

Championship Game is at 7:30pm on Dec 6th, Winner of Game 7 vs. Winner of Game 8

As far as the Regular season goes, we will be opening the regular season next week as follows:

Dec 1st, 3pm- Mowat vs West Hill (@West Hill)
    Dec 3rd, 3pm- Thompson vs West Hill (@West Hill)

Last edited by Coach Philippe on Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
    AllAroundPlayer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 26
    Registration date : 2008-09-30

Post by AllAroundPlayer Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:02 pm

Is There any Video's Of This West Hill team???
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Post by Coach Philippe Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:52 pm

Game #8- West Hill vs. Mowat
    (Regular Season Game #1 @ West Hill)

West Hill - 80
    Mowat - 68

Leading Scorers:

West Hill- Adrian Tomlinson (29pts, 4asts), Alex Arthur (18pts, 8rbs), Taylor Johnston (13pts, 2stls)

Mowat- Rakeem Reynolds (21pts), Daniel Onwugbonu (13pts)

This brings our overall season record to 7-1, and league record to 1-0...
    Next up will be game vs. Thomson at West Hill on Wed Dec 3rd at 3:30pm
    and then the Seneca Tourney Dec 5th & 6th...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:32 am